Primary Water PLC

Rosco

I've received a similar offer to subscribe to shares in Primary Water. I've been in the water business, and I'm not sure what distinction they're trying to make about deep aquifer water. There are 'Perched' water tables where the water is trapped above something like clay. The main water table is the water lying in the underlying rocks and fissures. I guess the latter is what they're referring to.

Water companies/ local authorities usually organise water supply through reservoirs and deep underground pumped wells (using the groundwater aquifer in the rock). Anyone doing it on a licenced but speculative basis must be expecting to be able to undercut the WC/LA costs for supply. If there isn't a WC/LA already exploiting water in an area, it suggests that there may be few customers and therefore few people to pay for the new wells proposed by Primary Water. On this basis, it's difficult to see how they are going to make a good return. On the other hand, finding new supplies could attract new water using companies to an area or even new housing in areas away from current supplies. However, by the time you add in treatment etc the returns will be diminished.

You would need to know a bit more about the particular successes they've already had in Australia to understand how their finances might stack-up long term. I can see this sort of thing working on a charity-funded basis in the third world, but I am not convinced in investment terms.

I've received a similar offer to subscribe to shares in Primary Water. I've been in the water business, and I'm not sure what distinction they're trying to make about deep aquifer water. There are 'Perched' water tables where the water is trapped above something like clay. The main water table is the water lying in the underlying rocks and fissures. I guess the latter is what they're referring to.

Water companies/ local authorities usually organise water supply through reservoirs and deep underground pumped wells (using the groundwater aquifer in the rock). Anyone doing it on a licenced but speculative basis must be expecting to be able to undercut the WC/LA costs for supply. If there isn't a WC/LA already exploiting water in an area, it suggests that there may be few customers and therefore few people to pay for the new wells proposed by Primary Water. On this basis, it's difficult to see how they are going to make a good return. On the other hand, finding new supplies could attract new water using companies to an area or even new housing in areas away from current supplies. However, by the time you add in treatment etc the returns will be diminished.

You would need to know a bit more about the particular successes they've already had in Australia to understand how their finances might stack-up long term. I can see this sort of thing working on a charity-funded basis in the third world, but I am not convinced in investment terms.

Just to add a point: the use of raw water (without treatment) might open-up new farming opportunities by providing irrigation.

• 10 months later...

:rolleyes: where do I start...I have invested in this Primary Water business some time a go and now am a share holder, however I am unable to find any information on the value of the shares, can anyone help me with this? I am not even sure the company has yet floated. I have tried many times to get in contact with Primary Water, instead of getting a reply to my answer, I recieve a newsletter, which leaves me :huh:. If anyone can help me with whatever information/experience they have that would be great, any links, contacts, e-mails, etc. Am I even able to sell the darn things. If anyone can help because I'm a bit :blink: right now!

Thanks

:rolleyes: where do I start...I have invested in this Primary Water business some time a go and now am a share holder, however I am unable to find any information on the value of the shares, can anyone help me with this? I am not even sure the company has yet floated. I have tried many times to get in contact with Primary Water, instead of getting a reply to my answer, I recieve a newsletter, which leaves me :huh:. If anyone can help me with whatever information/experience they have that would be great, any links, contacts, e-mails, etc. Am I even able to sell the darn things. If anyone can help because I'm a bit :blink: right now!

Thanks

That doesn't sound very good. I haven't been able to find a quote.

Assume this is the company?

http://www.primarywater.com.au/company/about/

Not sure if this helps.

Capital Ideas plc

(the "Company" or "Capital Ideas")

Trading Update

The board of Capital Ideas is pleased to update shareholders on further recent

progress.

Disposal of shares in Primary Water plc

On 2 January 2008, the Company disposed of 13,750,000 ordinary shares in Primary

Water plc ("Primary Water") for a consideration of £290,000 after costs and

commission. The Company acquired these ordinary shares through an investment of

£50,000 in Primary Water in November 2007 and received further ordinary shares

at that time in lieu of arrangement fees. Following the transaction, the Company

retains a holding of 5,568,238 ordinary shares in Primary Water representing

1.72% of its issued share capital.

Summary

The board of Capital Ideas is pleased to have realised a substantial profit,

with its early exit from Primary Water. In addition, having appointed a new

management team which they believe should be able to revitalise the Dateline

brand, the directors are excited about the investment and shareholding in

Dateline Holdings.

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressReleas...008+RNS20080104

http://www.capitalideasplc.com/shareholdings.htm

==================================

Risk Warning

Shares in Primary Water plc are unquoted securities and may be considered to have more risk than quoted securities and shares. The value of investments can go down as well as up. You may have difficulty selling this investment at a reasonable price and, in some circumstances; it may be difficult to sell it at any price. Do not invest in this unless you have carefully thought about whether you can afford it and whether it is right for you and should you have any doubts about the suitability of this investment please consult with a professional adviser in accordance with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. The shares offered are existing shares offered for sale by certain shareholders. The share capital of the Company is not presently listed on any exchange and, whilst it is the belief of the directors of St. Paul’s Equities’ that this is the intention, this cannot be guaranteed.

http://www.stpaulsequities.com/offers_PW.htm

Yep, tats the company. Any ideas?

In this case it really looks like unquoted means what it says.

Have you phoned the company and asked to speak to the company secretary or person who deals with investor relations and asked for a quote? You could approach it in one of two ways, call them and say that you have some shares and would like a quote. If they can't or won't give you one and have no good reason then it might be time to get suspicious of them. Alternatively, phone them and say that you are interested in buying some shares and would like a quote. Or you could get a friend to email/phone them posing as a potential investor. They might give you some inflated number, but at least it would be something. Also, have you contacted the broker who you got the shares from to see if they have any advice?

Hi,

Thanks again for your response. I have tried to contact them via e-mail, but am unable to obtain the companies telephone number to call them direct. The broker who sold them to me stated that they had not floated yet.

Below are the phone numbers on the website.

Primary Water plc (UK)

phone: +44 (0)20 80904167

fax: +44 (0)20 80999852

email: info@primarywater.co.uk

address: 20 Tideway Yard, 125 Mortlake High Street, London, SW14 8SN, UK

Primary Water Limited (Australia)

phone: +61 (0) 3 5443 0344

fax: +61 (0) 3 5443 5304

email: info@primarywater.com.au address: 61-65 Bull Street, Bendigo, 3550, Victoria, Australia

http://www.primarywater.com.au/contact-us/

Archived