Gem Producers

pyewackitt

I've been looking over a few AIM listed precious gem producers and they seem to have very low gains against the background of the November falls.

Some of these seem to be good low/mid producers and some have very strong rights and ownerships of mines and explorations.

What do other GEI members think of these stocks as long term interests - the thinking being that as currencies suffer in the crisis we're expecting for the USD and already happening for Sterling we all seem to expect strong things of gold and silver - however gemstones are also stores of wealth but of course are not as easily liquid or quantifyable as precious metals.

I can't see an inflationary crisis where precious metals would rise exponentially without precious gems also rising (though perhaps not by as much). Similarly if the jewellery sector is currently being undervalued and not making purchases on scale due to expected falls in discretionary spending might this not be a good time to consider looking at these stocks.

So - what are people's thoughts? Is it too early to be looking at this play?

I've been looking over a few AIM listed precious gem producers and they seem to have very low gains against the background of the November falls.

I can't see an inflationary crisis where precious metals would rise exponentially without precious gems also rising (though perhaps not by as much). Similarly if the jewellery sector is currently being undervalued and not making purchases on scale due to expected falls in discretionary spending might this not be a good time to consider looking at these stocks.

So - what are people's thoughts? Is it too early to be looking at this play?

Precious and semi-precious stones do rise quite well alongside metals but the mines and the companies often have many problems, from finance through to local politics. Definitely the riskier end of the stock market but some could possibly be worth a small bet.

Archived