WAR....

US-Israel should discuss preventive military action against Iran

I dont think its called discussion when both nations are chomping at the bit. Does "discuss" mean push the button without UN approval. That couldn't happen....ooops my fat ass brushed against this big red button which happened to be pointed where you have your enrichment facility, sorry.

The world assumes that there must be some evidence that Tehran is undergoing a programme of nuclear weapon development.

UK Pressure on Iran's N. Activities Hypocritical

Double Oscar winning actress, Emma Thompson referred to her message to the dangers of Britain upgrading its nuclear weapons system in defiance of its commitment to disarm under the NPT

Hypocritical Brits

The push by Washington, Tel Aviv, London, Paris and Berlin for additional UN penalties contradicts the report by 16 US intelligence bodies that endorsed the civilian nature of Iran's programs. Following the US National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) and similar reports by the IAEA head - one in November and the other one in February - which praised Iran's truthfulness about key aspects of its past nuclear activities and announced settlement of outstanding issues with Tehran, any effort to impose further sanctions on Iran seem to be completely irrational.

amnesiac yanks

Ive highlighted the irony

To answer my own question i dont think profiting from a war is Immoral.

Areas to profit from:

I would imagine the price of oil would spike upon the announcement of airstrikes.

wheres james bond when you need him. The most profitable activities in the world are usually illegal.

Once you have that song out of your head consider 3 questions

Is this the start of a new conflict?

How does one profit from war and is it immoral?

A difficult subject. Is it immoral to profit from the boom in agriculture and food when so many people are starving in the world when they shouldn't be?

A UK defence company picking up US orders is Qinetiq. Has underperformed big time since the government sold it off.

Agree. Theres no room for morality when it comes to profit.

On a different note look what Puplava and friends are trying to achieve regarding the shorting of mining juniors by the canuck banks.

Its immoral but profitable.

I think its futile trying to take these guys down legally, a bullet in the post or a kilo of c4 may have a better effect. Not that i would advocate that, but when one team plays dirty....

QinetiQ Group PLC

Agree. Theres no room for morality when it comes to profit.

On a different note look what Puplava and friends are trying to achieve regarding the shorting of mining juniors by the canuck banks.

Its immoral but profitable.

I think its futile trying to take these guys down legally, a bullet in the post or a kilo of c4 may have a better effect. Not that i would advocate that, but when one team plays dirty....

QinetiQ Group PLC

The sad but true fact is there always seems to be winners and losers, but is the world as a whole a better place? :unsure:

To answer my own question i dont think profiting from a war is Immoral.

It depends on if you think the war that you are taking profit from, is just or not, and who's side the company is working for.

Unless you really don't care, and then selfishness/ignorance will help you sleep better at night.

It depends on your morals.

EU Widens Iran Sanctions, Shuts Bank Melli's European Offices

Theres an old saying where i'm from, dont whack the lion in the lovespuds with a wet towel when your head is in his mouth.

How long before Iran start squeezing the normality of trading in the Strait of Hormuz in retaliation?

40 per cent of the world's traded oil is shipped through here. You want $200 oil peeps? cuz you goin the right way about it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

farmers become factory workers become soldiers

China to expand its military reach

Looking further to the future, the report said China needed to be prepared for conflicts brought about by increased competition for energy and food.

:blink:

China's test two years ago of an anti-satellite weapon caused particular alarm in Washington, when a land-based missile was used to destroy an obsolete Chinese weather satellite.

The test – which was not confirmed by Beijing until two weeks later – unnerved the US military which relies heavily on satellites to manage its global communications networks.

asat's

Last year China's defence minister demanded that Washington cancel a $6.5bn arms deal with Taiwan that included the sale of advanced Patriot III missiles and Apache helicopters.

What the heck are they going to make in Detroit then

Last year China announced a military budget of $59bn, a rise of nearly 18 per cent over the previous year and the eighteenth year of double digit increases.

That has allowed China's military to significantly modernise its equipment and capabilities, adding cutting-edge fighter jets, missiles, submarines and warships to its inventory.

Are these manufactured in China, if not where? They are unlikely to be of US origin. Russian or Iranian perhaps?

Archived