Encore Oil

http://www.encoreoil.co.uk/index.asp

http://www.h-l.co.uk/shares/security_chart

Debt free

£12m in the bank

Some director buying (09/03/09)

Any thoughts guys?

Traded these in the past was lucky to be out when the Esmond update was announced, from memory it was more difficult than expected. The Mail where forever flagging these up and lots of b.b's showed up many "traders" names, you know the sort that post a it's gonna double post ten times a day....so i got out :lol: Might be worth considering, as quick look says it a bit more stable in price. There was also something going on with Star Energy and the Gas business demerging, but i really can't remember in honesty what it was about other than it seemed to fall through.

Have you looked what news is due?

Traded these in the past was lucky to be out when the Esmond update was announced, from memory it was more difficult than expected. The Mail where forever flagging these up and lots of b.b's showed up many "traders" names, you know the sort that post a it's gonna double post ten times a day....so i got out :lol: Might be worth considering, as quick look says it a bit more stable in price. There was also something going on with Star Energy and the Gas business demerging, but i really can't remember in honesty what it was about other than it seemed to fall through.

Have you looked what news is due?

Cheers Riggers (nice boots by the way(your old avatar), used to wear those myself!)

I've only checked the investor's reports as available on their web page.

They really did just appeal to me for two reasons; no debt was what jumped out at me first, after that I was drawn to their strategy.

I'm going to keep an eye on them but I'm really just trying to put some feelers out as to what may be some good oil plays in the future. I may just leave it to the professionals and jump into a fund come the new tax year. It's just not quite as much fun though.

• 1 year later...

Archived