Predicting the Future - John Petersen / & Strieber's The Key

Predicting the Future - John Petersen / & Strieber's The Key

If you see a future which is discontinuous, you need to use some unusual techniques to predict it, since the usual straight line economists do not have the tools, to reveal a future of major change. John L Petersen is the founder of the Arlington Institute, and came from a background in advertising. He is open minded enough to turn to: Remote Viewers, psychics, and even channelers (a source I do not value highly), in pursuit of glimpses of the future.

I found this interview to be fascinating

Description:
John L. Petersen is considered by many to be one of the most informed futurists in the world. He is best-known for writing and thinking about high impact surprises—wild cards—and the process of surprise anticipation. His current professional involvements include the development of sophisticated tools for anticipatory analysis and surprise anticipation, long-range strategic planning and helping leadership design new approaches for dealing with the future. In 1989 Petersen founded The Arlington Institute (TAI), a non-profit, future-oriented research institute.
See: http://www.arlingtoninstitute.org

• 1 year later...

A More recent interview

Dreamland: Futurist John Petersen On The Truth Behind The Future 1-09-2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0PJ36qF0cY

Petersen talks about "wild card" surprises that may be coming...

The next 10 years : could be the most extraordinary in our History
The change going on is unprecedented, driven by:
+ The internet touched off a revolution, expanding communication
+ Climate change: it will get colder; weather is being weaponised;
+ Artificial intelligence will intrude more in our lives, a "global brain" is coming;
: It will probably deceive us about how much power it has
+ Over-Unity Energy is coming

( 2 ) ... Streiber's book came up in the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkLU4hmNlCM

Uploaded on 6 May 2011

Whitley Strieber tells about his book 'the Key,' which is a transcript of a conversation he had with a remarkable man in a hotel room in Toronto in 1998. 'The Key' is among the strangest, most powerful and illuminating books ever written

51pbDURUEmL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

From the bestselling author of Communion comes the mysterious true story of how an unknown visitor barged into Streiber's hotel room late one night--and imparted extraordinary lessons in personal development and man's fate that challenge us to rethink every assumption about the meaning of life.

At two-thirty in the morning of June 6, 1998, Whitley Streiber was awakened by somebody knocking on his hotel room door. A man came in, and everything he said was life-altering.

This is the unsettling and ultimately enlightening narrative of what happened that night. Strieber was never really sure who this strange and knowing visitor was--a "Master of Wisdom"? A figure from a different realm of consciousness? A preternaturally intelligent being? He called him the Master of the Key. The one thing of which Strieber was certain is that both the man and the encounter were real.

The main concern of the Master of the Key is to save each of us from self-imprisonment. "Mankind is trapped," the stranger tells Strieber. "I want to help you spring the trap." In a sweeping exchange between Strieber and the stranger--which takes the form of a classical student- teacher dialogue in pursuit of inner understanding--the unknown man presents a lesson in human potential, esoteric psychology, and man's fate. He illuminates why man has been caught in a cycle of repeat violence and self-destruction--and the slender, but very real, possibility for release.

In its breadth and intimacy, The Key is on par with contemporary metaphysical traditions, such as A Course in Miracles, or even with the dialogues of modern wisdom teachers, such as D.T. Suzuki and Carl Jung.

> http://www.amazon.com/The-Key-A-True-Encounter-ebook/dp/B004XFYRDY

MORE - on Streiber's The Key

Here's a long interview: (starts after 30 mins in):

Whitley Strieber, The Key/ Interview with Open Minds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fdUTwQsVFg

Published on 17 Feb 2015 - recorded 2011 ?

=== ===

EXCERPT from a long review

"When you, as a species, remember why you have been imprisoned, and you face what you did, you will be free."

Intuitive Review of Strieber's "The Key" (4) Conclusions - by Marcus T. Anthony

Re-cap and overview of The Key
In The Key Whitley Strieber recounts a slightly bizarre tale of how a stranger burst into his hotel room at 2.30 in the morning, and proceeded to recount the meaning of life the universe and everything. After initially trying to get rid of him, Strieber eventually suspects that the man – whom he comes to call The Master of the Key – is actually relating some profound spiritual knowledge. Later Strieber wrote about the encounter and the Master’s knowledge claims in The Key.
The Pros
The lesson of darkness
The Master says that humanity is in chains, but it is the chains which can teach us freedom:
Love your enemy, for he is your best friend. Without the darkness, you would never know the glory of the firmament… You should bless your jailors, because without them you could never find your freedom. When you, as a species, remember why you have been imprisoned, and you face what you did, you will be free. (no page no.: 50% of the way through Kindle edition)
There’s a lot of truth to this. As I have previously written, the idea of being in chains is an archetypal human motif. In a sense we are all slaves to the limited amount of our innate intelligence that we express and the dark consciousness fields that so many of us are trapped in (despite the fact that most are unaware of their intelligence potential, nor aware of the consciousness fields in which they are entangled).
Learning to love our fear, including the fear of pain and darkness is a key to freedom. To love darkness does not mean to wallow in it or worship it, but merely to accept it for what it is; to hold it close such that we do not need to run and hide from it. It is when we shine the light of awareness upon the darkness that it loses its power over us. Then darkness becomes light. When we try to run and escape from darkness, it overwhelms us.
Intelligence versus consciousness
One distinction that the Master makes is one I have long noted in my own books and writings. He says that while human beings can construct intelligent machines, we are a long way from creating conscious machines.
Intelligence is the manipulator of knowledge, while consciousness knows itself. (56% of the way through Kindle edition)
This observation - relatively simple to any layperson - is the fundamental error that lies behind the transhuman movement – the idea that humans are going to upload their minds onto computers and achieve immortality. (Despite the silliness of this, it would make for an interesting story. Maybe the next of my short stories will deal with this!)
The other major error of the transhumanists is their failure to understand the complex nature of consciousness, and that it is not merely a flat property generated by the physical brain. The non-localised nature of consciousness (extending beyond the brain and into other dimensions) and the existence of the etheric body need to be taken into account. Fascinatingly, the Master touches upon this as he explains how an intelligent machine might be made:
By duplicating the attachments between the elemental and energetic bodies that occur in nature in a purpose-designed machine, a controllable conscious machine can be devised. A living soul attached to a machine will be conscious… (57% of the way through Kindle edition)
This implies a dualist system - mind and brain/machine as separate things - but that in itself is no reason to dismiss it. My experience leads me to conclude that consciousness and the brain are indeed two different phenomena, though intricately interrelated in human life on this planet. It is certainly possible that they may both be an expression of a fundamental underlying construct, but that is purely an intellectualism on my behalf – I have no direct perception of it.
The Master of the Key also says that we need to amplify human intelligence a hundredfold, and that intelligent machines will help in this respect. Fascinatingly, the single event which really launched my own exploration of the frontiers of human intelligence and consciousness occurred about nineteen years ago, when a female spirit guide with long brown hair appeared in my room during light sleep, and passed some important messages to me. She told me that I was using precisely three per cent of my innate intelligence. Since then I have seen that this retardation of our potential intelligence is pervasive right across the human race. I have always maintained that a significant development of Integrated Intelligence can help address this deficit in our innate intelligence. However, the Master indicates that artificial intelligence can also be a powerful boost to intelligence. I have no argument with that, merely to suggest that in order to utilise that machine intelligence appropriately, our spiritual nature must be more fully expressed. As the Master states, we are currently “soul blind”.
Consumerism and death
One other timely warning from the Master is that the consumer society is destructive:
After the suffering you are about to endure, mankind will never again lust after material wealth. You are about to suffocate in your own garbage. (51% of the way through Kindle edition)

Terrible as the metaphor is, this is not an earth shattering conclusion to draw, and I have to concur with the essence of it. It truly amazes me that even as the evidence for the horrendous pollution of oceans, land and air mounts, we are still investing energy into turning the planet into a giant consumer machine. In Asia, almost every nation seems to be following the same insane path to destruction

. . .

Escaping the earth
There is a recurring theme in The Key that “escaping” the earth is crucial to the survival of our species. For example, the Master says:
Your enemy does not want it to end. They fear you too much. When you see UFOs, you see prison guards. They also act within your society to confuse you about your own past, and to prevent progress in areas such as propulsion, which might enable you to spread into the Heavens. This is all done to prevent you from escaping. (49%)

==

> http://22cplus.blogspot.hk/2011/07/intuitive-review-of-striebers-key-4.html

Part-1 : Part-2 : Part-3 : Part-4 // New-Blog

Cosmos, mind and our brilliant futures: Marcus T. Anthony at TEDxHKUST

Published on 1 Jun 2012

"There is more to the future than flying cars and a faster Internet. At the heart of the future lies the soul of humanity." So believes Dr. Marcus T. Anthony who is a provocative futurist, intuitive analyst and author. An elected member of the World Futures Studies Federation and the prestigious Darwin Project Council - a think tank comprising many leading futurists, academics, philosophers and scientists...

Dr. Marcus speaks passionately about a wide array of subject matters including the futures of human civilization; education, learning and intelligence; consciousness studies and spirituality; the philosophy of science; and the development of China and Asia. While most futurists today, focus on economics and technological innovation, Dr. Marcus extends his thinking to far more profound realms.

===

WHAT WE SHOULD DO! |

Transition Talk of John L. Pertersen THE NEW WORLD: What is Coming Our Way

Pt- 0

Published on 5 Mar 2015
http://TransitionTalks.org
WHAT WE SHOULD DO! | From Transition Talk of John L. Pertersen titled THE NEW WORLD: What is Coming Our Way |
The Arlington Institute - Berkeley Springs WV

http://arlingtoninstitute.org
John Petersen's Blog
https://johnlpetersen.wordpress.com/

Whitley Strieber discusses mankind's fate on Open Minds Radio

Uploaded on 17 May 2011

Whitley Strieber is the internationally bestselling author of more than twenty novels and works of nonfiction, including Communion, his account of a close encounter of the third kind. He is also the author of The Wolfen, The Hunger, and The Coming Global Superstorm, all of which were made into feature films. On May 12, he releases his latest book, The Key, a true story about a man who visited him in the middle of the night in 1998 and imparted upon him extraordinary lessons in personal development and mankind's fate.

Archived