GREEN TV REQUESTS ADVICE

This is Lori from Green TV

I am new here and wish to know if anyone has advice for my fast-growing Green TV project. I have been self-financed with no debt to this point yet need advice. Are there funding sources for a project like mine?

Thank you,

Lori Lake

CEO and Host,

Green TV

My Website

This is Lori from Green TV

I am new here and wish to know if anyone has advice for my fast-growing Green TV project. I have been self-financed with no debt to this point yet need advice. Are there funding sources for a project like mine?

Thank you,

Lori Lake

CEO and Host,

Green TV

My Website

I will take a look. But what I have discovered on this website is, it is hard to get sustained interest in particular green projects.

And far too many early stage green investments never make money. GEI had to morph into "Global Edge Investors" to find its audience.

Do you have any areas where you would like to co=operate? Podcasts, or videos maybe?

I am keen to do more with my work on how the suburbs need restructuring.

See: http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/2008/0107c.html

But even there, interest has been less than I think it deserves.

Green TV

My Website

I've had only a quick look at your website.

Have you addressed the issue of peak oil?

My feeling is that going green is a widely acceptable, feel-good topic (in Europe, at least). Peak oil, in contrast, is not a feel-good topic and some may avoid it for that reason. However, it is possibly the biggest single issue facing all economies globally in the coming decades.

It also can be tied in with alternative energy and going green.

I'd be interested if you have already addressed this issue (provide a link to relevant page or video).

Hi Lori,

I had a look. Here are a few comments:

+ It looks professional enough, but the green colors are very eye-catching- a bit too neon-like for my taste.

+ The delay with the spinning circle is a little irritating when you change pages

+ What age group are you aiming for: school-goers? Teens and Sub-teens, I would guess.

.. If so, you may want a section where your kids can produce their own videos. This would bring in free

.. content, and also spread the audience for the site as kids tell their friends.

+ Aim to get some celebrities on. I believe Leonardo Dicaprio (not "-ria") is keen to promote his own new

.. environmental film. He might be a good interview

If you want to get more serious, and aim for an older audience, you could do more interviews.

If you go that way, how about interviewing James Howard Kunstler.

JHK on YouTube:

== ==

As to raising money, if you can demonstrate revenues, and cash flow, it should be possible.

But I would think that a site aimed at an older audience ("Seriously Green") might be

easier to promote, since it might attract higher paying advertisers

Maybe you can sell sponsorship of videos, or sections, as a way of raising money.

There may be producers of green products who would find that compellling

I've had only a quick look at your website.

Have you addressed the issue of peak oil?

My feeling is that going green is a widely acceptable, feel-good topic (in Europe, at least). Peak oil, in contrast, is not a feel-good topic and some may avoid it for that reason. However, it is possibly the biggest single issue facing all economies globally in the coming decades.

It also can be tied in with alternative energy and going green.

I'd be interested if you have already addressed this issue (provide a link to relevant page or video).

I would love to promote Leonardo Dicapria efforts on GreenTV. How does one get a message to him?

Thank you and I also appreciate your insight.

Hi Lori,

I had a look. Here are a few comments:

+ It looks professional enough, but the green colors are very eye-catching- a bit too neon-like for my taste.

+ The delay with the spinning circle is a little irritating when you change pages

+ What age group are you aiming for: school-goers? Teens and Sub-teens, I would guess.

.. If so, you may want a section where your kids can produce their own videos. This would bring in free

.. content, and also spread the audience for the site as kids tell their friends.

+ Aim to get some celebrities on. I believe Leonardo Dicapria is keen to promote his own new

.. environmental film. He might be a good interview

If you want to get more serious, and aim for an older audience, you could do more interviews.

If you go that way, how about interviewing James Howard Kunstler.

JHK on YouTube:

== ==

As to raising money, if you can demonstrate revenues, and cash flow, it should be possible.

But I would think that a site aimed at an older audience ("Seriously Green") might be

easier to promote, since it might attract higher paying advertisers

Maybe you can sell sponsorship of videos, or sections, as a way of raising money.

There may be producers of green products who would find that compellling

I would love to promote Leonardo Dicapria efforts on GreenTV. How does one get a message to him?

Have a look at his website, but if you do contact him, make sure you spell his name right, the shining stars can be a little fussy when it comes to that sort of thing.

Eco Site as well.

http://www.leonardodicaprio.com/

Let us know if you get him to participate.

It would be great to see the video.

Also, Al Gore has a new presentation, which he unveiled at this year's TED

Al Gore: New thinking on the climate crisis

... and if you decide to screen "environmental poem", you can use mine (skip intro though):

Diamond Sunrise, an Environmental Poem, "Bliss Guitar" intro

(Maybe you could have a competition, and ask viewers to submit Environmental Poem videos

Archived