Is GEI being formally attacked by an enemy?

An IP-based ban might work for a while.

Whatever people think of states, they are quite good when it comes to enforcement. If the T&Cs been breached in a way that falls under the Computer Misuse Act, or legislation from whatever jurisdiction the server is in, then Big Brother can be used.

I've always been of the opinion that a happy, stable anarchy is a pipe-dream. This saga has been fascinating in that respect. The nature and structure of society may be up for grabs when we come through this catastrophe, so it's worth paying these things some thought.

Nothing that exciting I think. CDSwamp was banned and now looks to have joined as Leslie Phillips and is bombarding the threads. He'll get bored and go away soon!

I had not realised that Leslie Phillips was a figure anybody would want to emulate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyqtOOp5Y54

We live and learn!

Hopefully if we can keep all the responses in this thread, we may be able to get some some agreement about how to deal with these problems.

Once a moderator or DrBubb logs in, the problem with this account will be dealt with.

But I think that this further attack has demonstrated a need for a system/method of dealing with trolling attacks. Because this sort of problem is going to occur again and again, next time it won't be as obvious and easy to deal with, in future you may see trolling attacks that are far more suble and difficult to combat.

A system for dealing with trolling is what I was trying to achieve before, and I was encouraging other posters to help lay the foundations, by establishing what sort of behavior is and is not acceptable on GEI. A code of conduct, a set of guidelines or rules, call it what you will, its a way of identifying trolling and problem posters by their disregard for our standards.

Then once we have a code of conduct we can then decide on a fast, effective method of dealing with posters who disrespect the standards agreed on by the posters.

It was obvious to some of us yesterday, that the 'leslie philips' account was trolling the forum even with the first 5 posts made. What we lacked is a way of dealing with it.

A spam filter will be helpful, but it only defends against one form of attack. We have no idea how many other accounts have been created to troll the forum with. The next attacks will be far more difficult to spot and will do serious damage long term to GEI.

Yes, at the moment it is just one disturbed attention seeking person we are having a problem with, but don't think that once he has moved on, the problem is solved. GEI is a very easy target and will attract other trolls, because we lack a system of defending the forum.

Hopefully if we can keep all the responses in this thread, we may be able to get some some agreement about how to deal with these problems.

Once a moderator or DrBubb logs in, the problem with this account will be dealt with.

But I think that this further attack has demonstrated a need for a system/method of dealing with trolling attacks. Because this sort of problem is going to occur again and again, next time it won't be as obvious and easy to deal with, in future you may see trolling attacks that are far more suble and difficult to combat.

A system for dealing with trolling is what I was trying to achieve before, and I was encouraging other posters to help lay the foundations, by establishing what sort of behavior is and is not acceptable on GEI. A code of conduct, a set of guidelines or rules, call it what you will, its a way of identifying trolling and problem posters by their disregard for our standards.

Then once we have a code of conduct we can then decide on a fast, effective method of dealing with posters who disrespect the standards agreed on by the posters.

It was obvious to some of us yesterday, that the 'leslie philips' account was trolling the forum even with the first 5 posts made. What we lacked is a way of dealing with it.

A spam filter will be helpful, but it only defends against one form of attack. We have no idea how many other accounts have been created to troll the forum with. The next attacks will be far more difficult to spot and will do serious damage long term to GEI.

Yes, at the moment it is just one disturbed attention seeking person we are having a problem with, but don't think that once he has moved on, the problem is solved. GEI is a very easy target and will attract other trolls, because we lack a system of defending the forum.

Plenty of people think i am a troll on this board. The reason being i dont agree with what i often regard as foolish ideas.

When I joined this board about a year ago CDS i think had just been allowed back to the board. I found DrBubbs comments about him disrespectful and unhelpful. So i see some talk about civilisation and yet something else going on. Similarly my first post to this board was met with what i considered to be a hostile response by Drbubb that i think i managed to turn around to get him to see my comments more open mindedly.

Meanwhile i have no idea what has gone on recently because i have not been on this board much because i suppose i did not click with people here - or so it seemed.

But it is all very well talking about 'we' and how 'we' are going to ensure standards are adhered too. We are not 'we'. 'We' are the board owners who are the people who set the standards for others to follow.

That to my way of thinking is at least part of the problem here. Double standards about what is decent behaviour.

IF a board wants to discuss things then people need to be encouraged to openly discuss rather than feel that they have to limit themselves to avoid some kind of hell fire condemnation of their point of view that is not shared by the ownership who in this particular case are planning for survival beyond financial collapse and apparantly wanting that to happen in order they can buy back into the UK property market at rock bottom prices. Or something like that.

A £1.00 joining fee. Payable via paypal.

Not a large one, for profiteering purposes - but, large enough to damage/deter a spamer?

I do know that joining fees are not a popular thing and could deter people from joining.

i think that is a good idea.

i think that is a good idea.

In return for this payment a new member can be guaranteed a forum with a very small amount of spam posts.

The terms and conditions would have to be updated to state that as a paying member you have no special rights, and that the fee is non refundable, and

also its purely to stop repetitive spamers joining.

You could also have a free membership but with a cooling of period - keep the option of free, but these new people would be put in a queue and veted only to

be given membership 24 days later?

Plenty of people think i am a troll on this board. The reason being i dont agree with what i often regard as foolish ideas.

When I joined this board about a year ago CDS i think had just been allowed back to the board. I found DrBubbs comments about him disrespectful and unhelpful. So i see some talk about civilisation and yet something else going on. Similarly my first post to this board was met with what i considered to be a hostile response by Drbubb that i think i managed to turn around to get him to see my comments more open mindedly.

I have never had reason to think of you as a troll, and I don't recall any problems you have caused or a situation where you have been called a troll.

-----------

As for DrBubbs comments against cdswamp, having followed the problem from the beginning, his comments have always been fair and accurate. Its only possible to come to the above conclusion if we ignore all the insults, abuse, name calling, aggressive behavior and general trolling done by cdswamp.

Using the actions posters use to defend themselves from a premeditated attack is not a justification for an unprovoked premeditated attack.

Its like punching someone in the face, and when they hit you back to defend themselves, you claim their hitting you back is justification for you attacking them in the first place.

this thread is like number 7 from Alien Resurrection.

it needs putting out of its misery.

same goes for all the other introspective threads where GEI members are just talking about GEI.

I can see 6 such threads just on the first page of the main discussion board.

these threads are cluttering up this forum more than CDSwamp ever did.

But limiting to those that do not have paypal :(

I edited my post above so you might not have read this... i'll put it here...

You could also have a free membership but with a cooling of period - keep the option of free, but these new people would be put in a queue and veted only to

be given membership 24 days later? Spam email addresses are easy to spot.

I also think the forum can support other payment methods.

this thread is like number 7 from Alien Resurrection.

it needs putting out of it's misery.

same goes for all the other introspective threads where GEI members are just talking about GEI.

I can see 6 such threads just on the first page of the main discussion board.

these threads are cluttering up this forum more than CDSwamp ever did.

Well, we are all users of the board. And when someone disrupts the usual workings, i think its natural to talk about how to prevent it.

Less CDSwamp type behaviour means less threads like this one.

DrBubb is a gentleman. We are fortunate that the owner of this site is not like HPC owners who have no input and do not take responsibility for abuses such as the predudice of gold and Daddy Bears views*. If anything, DrBubb needs to be more forcefull and have banned any abusive member without delay. Look at the state this site has got into because it was allowed and is still allowed to fester.

*Perhaps the HPC owner is the one responsible for those predudices, but I remember him saying that he missed the gold thread.

DrBubb is a gentleman. We are fortunate that the owner of this site is not like HPC owners who have no input and do not take responsibility for abuses such as the predudice of gold and Daddy Bears views. If anything, DrBubb needs to be more forcefull and have banned any abusive member without delay. Look at the state this site has got into because it was allowed and is still allowed to fester.

I retract my statement before about the site needing more Mods, it is obvious that we do just to cover the time zones and when other mods are not available.

I like the cooling off period idea rather than getting people to pay for access to the site, free speech should be free. Perhaps it is possible to limit the number of posts per day/week/month on a time or total of posts basis.

Sadly I also re-iterate my concern over CDSwampy and his mental health, the type of behavour exhibited over the last few days is not normal for an adult. Do yourself a favour and get an assesment.

From the David Icke forum.

Welcome to the David Icke forums.

You are free to discuss anything of interest, but please can we show respect for each other and the difficult job of the moderators who volunteer their time and hard work to ensure that the discussions are not hijacked and dominated by the few at the expense of the rest.

The David Icke forums have become a focus for lively debate, insights and information and I hope you enjoy your stay.

best wishes,

David

FORUM GUIDELINES

Treating Others

This is a place for open and free discussion on a wide range of topics, and we ask that you respect each other by not bullying or harassing other members of the forum.

This is not the place for personal attacks, or to deliberately stop the flow of conversation from taking place. Please; Do not Hijack threads with the same questions if a Moderator has already answered them; do not post irrelevant images or text in other people's topics for no reason other than disruption; do not make any personal insults or irrelevant one word answers. Do not spam “General” or "Today's News" with a bunch of new threads all in one session. Do not sign-up multiple user IDs for the purpose of trolling the forum or answering your own posts!

Racism

People are welcome to discuss issues surrounding race. Racist remarks will not be tolerated on this forum. Political stances can be discussed without resorting to racial stereo-typing and abusive remarks towards a race of people. Anybody trying to stir up racial hatred will be banned

Note: This applies to ALL races. Racism is NOT tolerated here.

==========================

Quoting Other Sources & Copyright

You may quote other sources, providing that you name the source before and/or after the quote has been made, and link back to the relevant website if possible. We cannot allow the posting of any copyrighted material.

Please do not quote whole chapters, or upload e-books, as that will be a direct violation of another person(s) copyright.

If there is something in particular you would like to post, but your not sure if it's acceptable - please contact a moderator who'll be able to approve or disapprove the material first. If there is no copyright attached to something, we'll probably be able to make an exception.

Thread Topics

The “general” section is for all matters of a general nature, and the Moderators reserve the right to move posts into more appropriate sub-forums at their discretion.

We have many Sub-Forums, and we ask that before posting a thread, you consider where your post might best be suited. We also suggest before posting that you use the search function to see if there is already a thread you may add your post to rather than starting a new thread on a subject that may have recently been discussed.

Questions to David Icke

David Icke will not be participating or answering questions on this forum. Please do not waste time posting messages or questions to David. If you disagree with David's work, you are free to communicate this on the forum, however as you will see below, we take a grim view of trolling.

Trolling

While David welcomes discussions on his research and doesn’t expect everyone will necessarily agree with every aspect of his work, anyone who joins this forum with the sole intention of flaming David Icke on his own forum will find their user account promptly suspended without warning.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/faq.php

From the David Icke forum.

Now thats the sort of thing we need. :)

Its all well and fine for some to say that those standards are obvious, that we don't need them and maybe trolls will just get bored and go away.

But there are some people out their on the internet, who do not see those sort of standards as obvious or who are malicious enough to abuse an open forum atmosphere.

Now thats the sort of thing we need. :)

Its all well and fine for some to say that those standards are obvious, that we don't need them and maybe trolls will just get bored and go away.

But there are some people out their on the internet, who do not see those sort of standards as obvious or who are malicious enough to abuse an open forum atmosphere.

Seems to me that they reserve the right to be quite strict over there.

Moderation, Complaints, and Disputes with regard to Moderation

The Administrators of the David Icke website reserve the right to moderate this forum in anyway they see fit in situations that might arise that are not specifically mentioned in the above forum posting guidelines.

Archived