something to distract yourse....

It didnt snow in Russia this year.

So that means....the frost lay on the ground (not on the snow d'ya see?)

So that means...the seeds got frozen.

So that means...the yields on wheat in Russia are hugely down.

So that means...wheat will be more expensive next year as russia is one of the worlds biggest producers.

So that means.....we should all invest in weetabix? (joke!)

da-da!

Magic!

PS - Am I the only one or is "the other place" starting to piss people off too?

How many people have changed from bear to anti-bear in the past few weeks?

A lot, thats how many.

I suspect something is afoot over there - proper professional manipulation (ahem) :):ph34r:

It didnt snow in Russia this year.

So that means....the frost lay on the ground (not on the snow d'ya see?)

So that means...the seeds got frozen.

So that means...the yields on wheat in Russia are hugely down.

So that means...wheat will be more expensive next year as russia is one of the worlds biggest producers.

So that means.....we should all invest in weetabix? (joke!)

da-da!

Magic!

PS - Am I the only one or is "the other place" starting to piss people off too?

How many people have changed from bear to anti-bear in the past few weeks?

A lot, thats how many.

I suspect something is afoot over there - proper professional manipulation (ahem) :):ph34r:

Perhaps we should be looking at the long range weather predictions for the US - the financial sense broadcast today mentioned something about La Nina leading to unfavourable harvest conditions there too.

If the price of food increases as well as almost every other unavoidable expense it will be difficult to pretend that inflation is low...

Perhaps we should be looking at the long range weather predictions for the US - the financial sense broadcast today mentioned something about La Nina leading to unfavourable harvest conditions there too.

If the price of food increases as well as almost every other unavoidable expense it will be difficult to pretend that inflation is low...

The Kansas City Board of Trade, which focuses on Hard Red Winter Wheat, has been setting all kinds of trading records over the past 12-18 months. See www.kcbt.com if you want more information...this trend corroborates the above re Russian wheat/La Nina/inflation....

• 3 months later...

Apparently the FT has just caught up with the needle-o-meter over here on GHPC.

Its old news now though....

So now for my next trick....[rummages round in bag of predictions]....Da! Da!

What have we here, Mr Rabbit?

Whats that?

Keep an eye on Indonesia?

Its the biggest Muslim country in the world and fuel shortages could cause it to descend into anarchy, sparking religious tensions and the biggest civil war ever seen?

Whats that you say? It lies on a load of earthquake fault lines, has various nutjob Muslim groups, scant democracy and because of its multi-island geography would be difficult to control.

And it stretches from Asia to Australia covering vast sea routes making it strategically vital to many nations?

Surely not, Mr Rabbit!

I think everyone here will agree, Mr Rabbit, that you are a nutter....until it happens....

"How many people have changed from bear to anti-bear in the past few weeks?"

Property is so high, and so vulnerable- Bullishness is the triumph of Hope over logic

Archived