waste newspaper

Hi all,

Firstly this is a great site and i have recieved loads of good advice here.I was wondering if anybody would have any ideas on what to do with waste newspaper?in my job i come across quite a lot which i bring to the recycling bins but quiet a few of my collegues just dump where they feel like and dont bother to recycle.Yes i have tried to tell them about the enviornment,waste,landfills,deforestation etc , all agree it is better to recycle but they just dont bother.What i would like to do is recycle(use)this paper for something to make a small profit that will encourage my collegues to recycle.No profit may be necessary if they could see a visible benefit that they are doing good rather than just putting it in a recycling bin.Many thanks

Welcome ... (hope you don't decide, never again)

I recycle paper here in Hong Kong,

by placing them into a special purpose bin in from of the entrance.

You will find these bins near all modern properties here.

they should make it easier in the UK, imho

What i would like to do is recycle(use)this paper for something to make a small profit that will encourage my collegues to recycle.No profit may be necessary if they could see a visible benefit that they are doing good rather than just putting it in a recycling bin.Many thanks

Get one of those Paper Brick Presses and turn your waste newspapers into Paper Bricks to use as Fire-Lighters etc. Make enough of them, you could sell them door to door and the like.

Start a newspaper library?

Clothes lining for tramps?

Paper houses for First Time Buyers (no naked Flames).

They're not much in the way of ideas but i'm tired...

somebody told me that newspaper may good insulation,

provided you can prevent the fire hazzard somehow

• 2 weeks later...

As a cub scout, about 30 years ago, we collected old newspapers every week.

Took a few years but they managed to pay for a new scout hut from the proceeds.

Unfortunately, as I was only a child at the time, I had far more important things to think about than money so I havent a clue who came and bought them. My how times change.

Yes Bubb, paper is a great insulator, I remember seeing it on one of the Grand Design shows.

A few companies offer this

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005/04/warmcel_recycle.php

As a cub scout, about 30 years ago, we collected old newspapers every week.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005/04/warmcel_recycle.php

I went down the more efficient road to collecting newspapers in bulk - as kids, my siblings and I did a weekly newspaper round of free papers, except we didnt.... we kept the papers and took them to the waste paper merchants every few weeks and got money for it.

Not sure there was the morally right thing to do, but at least we were recycling all the papers rather than risking the readers recycling only a few....yes, the more i think about it the more i think we did the absolute right thing. Moreover, we would not have wasted the money on simple here today, gone tomorrow pleasures of the world, but invested it in things like fireworks etc. Maybe i should put myself forward for some kind of green award..

Archived