Staying logged in?

• 1 year later...
I have to log in each time I visit the site. Is there anyway I can keep logged in on my home computer?

I have problem staying logged/logging in too. Sometimes I just can't log in at all i.e. I enter username/password, get the "thanks" message, return to main page but do not show as being logged in. Other times when I can log in, after navigating around for a while I find out I'm logged out again.

I've tried clearing cookies, setting the URL as trusted in IE and my AV software (ZoneAlarm) - have also turned off privacy settings in AV too.

Any advice?

I have problem staying logged/logging in too. Sometimes I just can't log in at all i.e. I enter username/password, get the "thanks" message, return to main page but do not show as being logged in. Other times when I can log in, after navigating around for a while I find out I'm logged out again.

I've tried clearing cookies, setting the URL as trusted in IE and my AV software (ZoneAlarm) - have also turned off privacy settings in AV too.

Any advice?

I had this problem tonight but I am not on my home PC. I have no problems logging in on my home pc, but have found the same problem as you when logging on elsewhere. Sometimes I can log in, but cannot post. I tried logging on to both greenenergyinvestors.com and globaledgeinvestors.com. With the first, I was logged in but couldn't post, the second it told me I was logged in, but I wasn't. It was resolved when I logged in to greenenergyinvestors.com and instructed the pc to remember my login/password. Well, I am now logged in and can post, not sure if this is the answer though.

have problem staying logged/logging in too. Sometimes I just can't log in at all i.e. I enter username/password, get the "thanks" message, return to main page but do not show as being logged in. Other times when I can log in, after navigating around for a while I find out I'm logged out again.

Same here.

OK, there are a couple of possible cures.

I've changed one thing, which might well fix it.

Please let me know if that fixes it, and if it doesn't, in which case I'll try another one.

It would also help if you'd mention whether you have a variable IP address. That's one factor.

douche dore,

Does your browser remember your password ?

Oh, and what browser do you use ?

This is what happens to me.

1. If I change computer, I don't get logged in automatically. So I have to enter my username, and then the password gets entered automatically, and so I can just click on "go". I don't have to enter the password.

2. If I come back on with the same computer, it logs me in automatically.

There might be a couple of other things I could change, but I want to only change one thing at a time, and see what effect it has for everyone.

Otherwise I won't have a clue what's going on !

• 3 weeks later...

So, I have this new pc, but I now find that when replying to a post I don't have the side panel, emoticons and options to attach documents to replies, etc, anyone know why? I've had a look around at the options, but nothing stands out as to why this has happened. I've cleared the cookies, etc, but nothing seems to work and when I click on the Toggle side panel option I get this message;

Not Found

The requested URL /ed-0 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Curious.

I've just tried the "Toggle side panel" option, and it worked fine for me.

We've had problems with Polls too, since the host change.

You're not using Firefox 3 are you ?

This reply is using IE and side panel and all options to post links, images, etc are showing. I used FF 3 on my old pc with no problems. Will have to have a look at FF and see what it may be, don't fancy using IE all the time. :angry:

Sorry, I've not had time to think about this or reply :(

I just wondered about FF3 as it's fairly new. Also thought others might say "well FF3 works fine on here for me" :unsure:

Does this place work OK for you on other computers using FF3 ?

I expect it's really down to the forum move. But why I have no idea !

It could (maybe) even be Javascript related !

I wouldn't want to use IE either :lol:

I have it somewhere. Now where is it..... :lol:

Sorry, I've not had time to think about this or reply :(

I just wondered about FF3 as it's fairly new. Also thought others might say "well FF3 works fine on here for me" :unsure:

Does this place work OK for you on other computers using FF3 ?

I expect it's really down to the forum move. But why I have no idea !

I wouldn't want to use IE either :lol:

I have it somewhere. Now where is it..... :lol:

It's ok on other pc's, like the one I'm using now, I think it is Java related and have a few ideas what it may be. Will try them later.

Resolved.

Thanks for reminding me of Java, Steve. I use the FF NoScript extension which is useful for security in that it stops websites downloading java script on to your pc without permission. I must have installed it on my pc before importing my bookmarks which included this site. NoScript was doing its job in stopping the Java scripts. I've now set it to allow the site and everything is as it should be.

Archived