• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

While consumers in traditional gold-buying countries, such as India, have kept a tight grip on their purses because of high prices, a poor monsoon and the recession, Chinese consumers are following their central bank and hoarding the yellow metal.

There are quiet a few more Chinese than Indians, are there not.

You'd be surprised:

India - 1,147,995,904 (2008)

China - 1,330,044,544 (2008)

http://www.worldstatesmen.org/India.htm

http://www.worldstatesmen.org/China.html

You right I am surprised, but still 182 million is quiet a few.

I've been busy today having the tooth put back in my head that my son head butted out and trying to find a replacement car as the engine in mine can't be replaced until the beginning of October... Good day so far! However the POG/POS makes everything OK... I must admit, both gold and silver doing well IMO.

I've been busy today having the tooth put back in my head that my son head butted out and trying to find a replacement car as the engine in mine can't be replaced until the beginning of October... Good day so far! However the POG/POS makes everything OK... I must admit, both gold and silver doing well IMO.

one of these? :D

578195062_6458163fcb_m.jpg

I hope that the son was very young and your tooth old and weak, the alternative does not make happy families :(

There are quiet a few more Chinese than Indians, are there not.

There is a fundamental difference here though. Chinese are buying gold as they have been told to. Indians buy gold as thats ingrained within there psyche to buy gold with currency. This has always been the case since times immemorial. I do not see it changing. They however do not usually buy bullion. Its mostly in the form of jewellery.

There is a fundamental difference here though. Chinese are buying gold as they have been told to. Indians buy gold as thats ingrained within there psyche to buy gold with currency. This has always been the case since times immemorial. I do not see it changing. They however do not usually buy bullion. Its mostly in the form of jewellery.

Asians also, but perhaps Indians more??

my wife is a teacher in a school that is 70% asian. Just today she came back from work & told me this:

the children had an activity to do. If they were King or Queeen for the day, what would you do. She got these types of replies:

stay in bed all day, fly a private jet, shopping, give money to charity (that was a nice one), play playstation in bed...

then one asian lad said, I would buy some gold at 99.9%, he is seven years old. She said she got goose pimples all over when he said this.

then one asian lad said, I would buy some gold at 99.9%, he is seven years old. She said she got goose pimples all over when he said this.

Start them young.

But come to think of it a child imagining that as king he should buy lots of gold seems quite natural.

Surely gold is often a part of fairy tales and naturally associated with being rich.

Choosing three nines fine though, means, he's a gold bug. :D

Asians also, but perhaps Indians more??

my wife is a teacher in a school that is 70% asian. Just today she came back from work & told me this:

the children had an activity to do. If they were King or Queeen for the day, what would you do. She got these types of replies:

stay in bed all day, fly a private jet, shopping, give money to charity (that was a nice one), play playstation in bed...

I'm Indian (Born and raised in UK). My Grandmother has always stored her wealth in physical gold (jewellery mainly ) in her possession which was routinely melted and remelted and sold when required. It never really clicked with me until now what this means especially as the message is always to hold your gold.

A couple of years ago she sold some of her gold to buy land in India to build (a very nice) house on. Needless to say that I've instructed her not sell any more!

Just an insight into the culture

The wee man is only 4 and was more concerned about Mario Brothers than not smashing my tooth out. :rolleyes:

Funnily, he saw GOM's picture of the gold tooth and thoroughly approved, I guess I've got the green light!

I hope that the son was very young and your tooth old and weak, the alternative does not make happy families :(

I'm Indian (Born and raised in UK). My Grandmother has always stored her wealth in physical gold (jewellery mainly ) in her possession which was routinely melted and remelted and sold when required. ...

Thanks for this post. I guess the melting etc. was not too expensive. That's a great advantage of Indian gold jewellery. It's a pity that all this would be so much more expensive over here (I mean the jewellery in comparison to spot prices etc.).

I know this not the best place to put this...but a lot of us follow usdjpy, and thought we might discuss this?

ju6zcx.gif

Big yellow blob is where we need to pay attention. I've been riding this down for a while, and my green line has never even been touched.

IF she bounces off the bottom blue line, breaks through the green line and breaks through my 38.2 fib retracement, then I will go long! That's a big IF!

If she breaks through bottom blue line, lower bollinger band and white median line then the usa are funked...

Of course I only do this to turn fiat into PM's!

http://jsmineset.com/2009/09/11/jims-mailbox-228/

Dear Jim,

Chinese government banks are selling gold and silver to the general public. Thus they will feel a responsibility to support the gold and silver prices by continued long term purchases, now that they have recommended the purchase to buyers.

Respectfully yours,

Monty Guild

www.GuildInvestment.com

Dear Monty,

We both recall what the final downfall of the gold banks was in the 70s. They had their way with the market in the day to day sense, not trend sense from 1968 to 1977. That came to an end in early 78 when the Saudi’s took over the market. Gold Banks have no way to compete with governments. Even if the gold banks have the Fed and the Treasury as fine weather friends, a gold war between the US and China is both unlikely and would drain the US of gold and open a much larger risk than the occasional gold lease between the US Treasury and the Gold bank.

In short the China support is, as you point out, REAL. ...

http://jsmineset.com/2009/09/11/hourly-act...trader-dan-161/

I should point out that today’s close is the HIGHEST WEEKLY CLOSE ever for gold. Prior to this week, it managed to poke through the $1,000 level on more than one occasion but was never able to CLOSE above $1,000 at the end of those particular weeks. Technically, this is bad news for the perma bears.

Both Euro gold and British Pound priced gold look good on the charts with Euro gold knocking on the door of the 700 level once again while BP gold is trading over 600.

Back on topic about Gold...

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article13386.html

gold-dollar-11.gif

and some forex analysis:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article13383.html

Quote:

In short, expect commodities, other currencies and the broad stock market indices to continue to exhibit sideways to upward grinding price increases over the course of the next 2-3 weeks. Once the USD puts a bottom in, all of the above are likely to decline due to their inverse relationship to the USD at present.

one of these? :D

578195062_6458163fcb_m.jpg

That reminds me. Arrrrrrrrrrrr... http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

Maybe we need a Junior Goldthread.

Actually - forget that it sounds a bit too much like 'singing pig'

And we'd each need an official "Not A Paedo" certification in case we went there twice in a blue moon.

Wherever did he get that idea from? And what might be buried in his Daddy's garden? Maybe teaching the kids about gold should be left until they're a bit older.