SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting article by Prof. Fekete regarding silver. China has the trump card. Seems like he's a silver bug too!

Last year I was in China and I met several officials in influential positions. I came away with the impression that American-trained people in the banking establishment suffer from an overdose of America-worship. While studying at U.S. universities they fell for Keynesianism hook, line and sinker and can't get it out their system. These people laughed me out of the lecture room when I was trying to tell them about the benefit of a metallic monetary system. But I also met others who were totally immune to America-worship. If they were Communist, it certainly didn't stop them from promulgating a new policy letting Chinese peasants acquire as much silver as they would. This policy makes sense only if China has long-term plans to open its Mint to silver. Naturally the plan, if it is to be effective, must be kept secret for the time being.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article28687.html

Pixel, Chris, thanks for posting this.

Call me Silverfinger! :)

Shouldn't your interests read 'holding silver & gold'? cool.gif

I understand your wanting to escape the noise and thank you for your posts over the years. Hopefully will still be able to read your stuff and check your great graphs in the future. smile.gif

More fun and manipulative games by the CME, the tightness in silver is requiring very creative handling of the situation. This is more proof that silver is on it's way to the moon over the next few years, they can't trick the market forever the physical shortage will raise prices eventually.

Is The COMEX Manipulating Gold Margins To Mask Silver Supply Deficits?

June 17, 2011 By Patrick A. Heller

The COMEX has just dropped the minimum margin requirement for gold contracts to $6,075 from its former $6,751 minimum. This move does not make economic sense as the price of gold is now within 2% of its all-time high COMEX close.

The lower margin requirement also does not make sense when compared to the COMEX margin requirements for silver contracts. With the lower margin requirements it is now possible to control more than $25 worth of gold for every $1 of margin put down on a gold contract. In contrast, the silver contract minimum margin requirements are much higher. At today's closing silver price, investors could only control up to $8.30 of silver for every $1 of margin put down on a silver contract.

You have to remember that common sense and consistency aren't the only factors that the COMEX considers when setting these requirements. Could it be that the COMEX is trying to lure speculators and investors away from the silver market by offering them greater margin opportunities in the gold market?

Think about it for a minute. By the end of this month, the next round of COMEX silver options will expire and the first day of notice for delivery of July 2011 silver contracts will occur. Both of these events could trigger strong demand that could seriously deplete COMEX registered silver inventories...

Regarding silver specifically Schiff had this to say, “I think anything in the low $30’s represents a pretty good entry point for people to buy...Once we go through $50...I see silver going to $200 an ounce. I own a lot of silver personally because of that outlook.”
http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2011/6/22_Peter_Schiff_-_US_Set_to_Default,_Silver_Headed_to_$200.html

Silver falls to Rs. 51,850 on heavy sell-off, gold down by Rs. 270

New Delhi, July 1, 2011

Both the precious metals, silver and gold tumbled today on heavy sell-off by stockists, amid a weakening global trend. While silver dropped by Rs. 850 to Rs. 51,850 per kg, gold took a plunge of Rs. 270 to Rs. 22,050 per 10 grams.

Trading sentiments turned bearish after gold declined in London on easing sovereign crisis in Greece, curbing demand for the metal as an alternative investment.

In additions, reduced offtake by jewellery makers and retailers at existing higher levels further dampened trading sentiments.

http://www.thehindu.com/business/markets/article2150459.ece

Trading sentiments turned bearish after gold declined in London on easing sovereign crisis in Greece, curbing demand for the metal as an alternative investment.[/i]

http://www.thehindu.com/business/markets/article2150459.ece

Shouldn't knowing how the deed was done have increased demand?

Been a bit quiet here of late.

Bit of a lull in public searching for "silver bullion" too, it may pick up by mid-August though.

Ross Clark has been pretty good at calling the precious metals market.

He thinks we could see a rally out to end of August taking silver back to the $43 level.

http://talkdigitalnetwork.com/2011/07/week-money-23/

Could silver drop to $25 an ounce and then rebound to $60?

By: Peter Cooper

http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1309353964.php

The ArabianMoney newsletter this month (subscribe here) points to the end of July as looking like a low-point for silver, and has some interesting ideas for subscribers on how to best profit from the price hike to come. That low may be close to the current price of $34 an ounce or the $25 cited by some keen chartists and followers of the fibonacci series.

At a more fundamental level the silver price probably comes down to what happens in Greece and the eurozone over the debt crisis like everything else. If financial markets rally on another temporary solution then silver will stay up. If financial markets turn down sharply silver will probably fall harder than most, unless we have a crisis of confidence in money and that is why you should still hold silver.

Silver Skirts Edge of an $8 Crater

By: Rick Ackerman

http://news.silverseek.com/RickAckerman/1309240920.php

Comex Silver ended the day near the edge of an abyss, threatening to plunge, eventually, to as low as $25 if even mild selling continues for the next few days. Specifically, our downside target for the July contract would be $25.13 if the futures were to settle for two consecutive days beneath the key low at $32.30 recorded on May 12. That number is what users of our proprietary trading system call a Hidden Pivot, and we were initially encouraged when the futures reversed very precisely from it and moved higher over the last few weeks. However, although the rally has looked constructive, it still needs to surpass the two labeled peaks shown in the chart to clinch a bullish outlook for the intermediate- to long-term.

longsilver-1.gif

If previous spikes are anything to go by, it's around 2 years before a new price is reached.

Dream on, you are as usual not facing up to the reality of the situation. but then I guess you need to cling on to false hope holding your dollars. laugh.gif

There is a massive squeeze going on in the physical silver market. Within a year the comex will have no registered silver, I think that we will see a break of $50 this year and then it will turn into support a bit like when Gold went through $1000.

I agree 12-18 months and then old mother hubbards silver cupboards are bare.

COMEX REGISTERED SILVER

There is a massive squeeze going on in the physical silver market. Within a year the comex will have no registered silver, I think that we will see a break of $50 this year and then it will turn into support a bit like when Gold went through $1000.

Screenshot2011-07-05at202624.png

This looks like a decent spot to get on board. I ended up getting back in a bit too soon after the drop ($37). It's looks like a double bottom is in the process of being completed and with the near $2 up move today I wouldn't be surprised if this is the start of a new rally.

Screenshot2011-07-05at202624.png

This looks like a decent spot to get on board. I ended up getting back in a bit too soon after the drop ($37). It's looks like a double bottom is in the process of being completed and with the near $2 up move today I wouldn't be surprised if this is the start of a new rally.

Agreed,

However should this support area break then the $22.5-27.5 would be the area to buy at?

Silver is very volatile so if it breaks to the downside it could be a very quick move!

Regards

ML

Buy signal for bullion and PM stocks today from Bob Hoye/Ross Clark at Institutional Investors

Silver: COT Levels into Accumulation Territory

Technical observations of RossClark@shaw.ca

Bob Hoye

Institutional Advisors

Posted Jul 7, 2011

The Commitment of Traders data for futures contracts is released by the CFTC each Friday. The data is compiled as of the preceding Tuesday. For each long futures contract there is a short position. Unlike equities that have a fixed number of shares issued by a corporation, there can be an unlimited number of contracts. For each new buyer and new seller a contract is created (called open interest). In a strong uptrend the open interest will expand, identifying that new buyers are stronger than new sellers. In a rising trend with declining open interest it identifies that the market is being pushed higher by more short sellers exiting positions than new buyers establishing positions. When the last of the undercapitalized short sellers have exited their positions the market becomes vulnerable.

The COT report breaks down the positions based upon the type of market participants. In our analysis we monitor the net positions of non-commercials (speculators) and commercials. The total level of positions can be significant, however, what interests us more is the rate of change in positions. When there is a dramatic decline in positions of both commercial and non commercial participants due to a shift in market direction it serves as a buy alert. As of last week commercials have reduced their shorts by 48% and non-commercials by 61%. This produces the ninth cluster of alerts in the data (available from the CFTC back to 1986).

(charts)

For those investors with deep pockets is it time to begin accumulating bullion and related stocks.

frpm 321gold