The Best of Youtube - Music

A quick couple of references for SR ..............

The 'Faithless' tune you played in the car this evening ...........................

(I believe Faithless used this version as a template]

Another 'version' ...............

(if you want more versions I've probably got quite a few more in the loft)

Also if you remember the Massive Attack's 'Man Next Door .............' , two other versions including the original.......................................

And one of my all time favourites from one of my all time favourite albums 'Best Dressed Chicken' ..........................

Once again thanks for a evenings company SR btw.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two for tonight .......................

[a song about unemployment (from experiences in Detroit) and how it's effects]

Some have complained about non-investment related threads. This thread is probably the best example and should a vast majority wish it moved eslewhere I as a regular contributor to this thread do not have any objections though where it could be put I have no suggestions.

In it's defence, I have loved this thread and feel it has in some way helped build more of community than just a forum and feel I have connected with other contributors more here than any other thread.

Perhaps somewhere on this site we can discuss other 'arts' too, but each time I post here I do worry that other posters uninterested in 'music' may find it tiresome to have to pass by continuously.

It's Dr. Bubbs site and thought I'd give him the opportunity to make a change should he want to, or at least give his view. :)

Interesting. I noticed that during the performance there where not many people smiling either in the audience or performing. During my recent Unkle night out I was grinning like a Cheshire cat, and I was stone cold sober.

Are we seeing the birth of a new genre of "orchestral breaks" ?

I am able to see how the "breaks side" would want to employ an orchestra within their music, but I’m wondering if the view from the "other side of the fence" could be mutual? Would someone who has devoted their life to an instrument appreciate and want to embrace the break beat side?

For a marriage to work, obviously both parties have to be happy and in love with each other.

I have a liking for some classical music, some of it just gives me a headache to be honest, but when I get a piece that suits my ears and performed well, it is with out doubt the most powerful of all music genres.

For instance the effect it has on films............

And this…………. Well, I’ve never met anyone who dislikes it.

It's powerful music... I hope there's a renewed interest in fusing a great big dirty break beat with a cello... it's certainly where my interests are these days. Personally I'm tired of synthetic noises, drum and bass created with real instruments and real people.... wow... how refreshing is that?

Here's an old one, but it's still a gooden.

I am able to see how the "breaks side" would want to employ an orchestra within their music, but I’m wondering if the view from the "other side of the fence" could be mutual? Would someone who has devoted their life to an instrument appreciate and want to embrace the break beat side?

For a marriage to work, obviously both parties have to be happy and in love with each other.

From the few people I've spoken to who are classically trained musicians they tend to report that they find playing 'classical' to be very dull but what surprised me most was that they find it really rather easy too. Most of them prefer to play jazz as they say the genre allows them to showboat and/or put their own input into the piece they are playing. I will admit though that the sample rate of people I've spoken to is really rather small but what they said did kind of make sense to me.

I know very little of orchestral music tbh.

Have recently come across Zbigniew Preisner's compositions recently and recommend them highly.

../..

New Unkle With Ray Winstone it seems.

../..

class

a bit 'spaceman threeish' - the Ray Winstone intro is similar to that unkle remix of moby's 'God Moving Over The Face Of The Waters' which had the guy talking who survived a plane-crash and eat the fellow (dead!) passengers to stay alive!

.../..

Fantastic !!

.../..

glad you liked it, here is a variation by someone else - it sounds like it has been done on a Sinclair Spectrum - but still sounds good!

pix you need to share them memories / vinyl on here - no time for hoarding (unless it's pm's of course)

I really need to sort myself out a deck, my vinyl has been in the garage for over 3 years now. :angry:

I really need to sort myself out a deck, my vinyl has been in the garage for over 3 years now. :angry:

Technics 1210, if it's good enough for the science museum...

;)

pix you need to share them memories / vinyl on here - no time for hoarding (unless it's pm's of course)

Without doubt.