mining shares as the boat left

shieldback

Hi guys just introducing myself was a hpc,er from 04 jacked it in a couple of months ago full of tripe now, sold house in 05 made a good lump of money bought silver and yellow paper and physical stuff and juniors lost out when it got smashed down rode it back up a little covered my losses and got out.

still holding physical gold .

bought and sold another couple of property,s here and abroad rented a couple times just riding the the bricks and mortar wave caught the bottom in april 09 bought the house i am living in for cash .still got a good lump of cash sitting the bank .

i will go into more detail later if people are interestd in this roller coaster ride i have been on with the wife and kids

a bit scared of juniors as i lost a few quid on them but made it back on other stuff but the au ag mania seems to be going mainstream now (the trend is your freind and all that )now thinking of having another dabble with shares

AS THE TRAIN LEFT THE STATION WITH RGDS TO MINING SHARES ?

what,s your thoughts people

Did i say something to upset somebody 49 views not one reply .

Everybody still remembers 2008 and doesn't want to be the one who sounds bullish just when the thing caves in again. Well for what it's worth I would say you have not missed the train by a long shot. You have to pick quality though. If you don't have time to research all the 100s of stocks out there the GDXJ, GLDX and GDX are good vehicles to give you exposure.

As long as you pick companies that look cheap, or fair value, with lots of upside potential, I do not think you can go too wrong. Avoid stuff which relies too heavily on share dillution to fund operations, as these get devasted in a downturn. Which means most Junior explorer's are a bad idea.

FWIW, I think it is highly unlikely we will experience anything like 2008 for the remainder of the gold bull market. All the weak hands are gone.

My favourite company right now is Carpathian Gold (CPN.to). There's a review of it on my blog.

Everybody still remembers 2008 and doesn't want to be the one who sounds bullish just when the thing caves in again. Well for what it's worth I would say you have not missed the train by a long shot. You have to pick quality though. If you don't have time to research all the 100s of stocks out there the GDXJ, GLDX and GDXGDXJ, are good vehicles to give you exposure.

Thanks for the replys ,i used to have a TD waterhouse account but closed it down when i liquidated my shares .would you reccomend another broker or are TD as good as any?

I like the sound of GDXJ, GLDX and GDXGDXJ to get exposure i will look into those, i still have faith in the metals just a little wary of a short term correction as they have run and run and run of late .

SB

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, welcome to GEI. The threads outside of > "The Global Edge": Main Discussion can be rather quiet. BUT there are some real good posters here and that makes up for it.

Junior market has re-ignited over last 6 months... but will it last is the multi million dollar ?

Fraid I dont have the answer. Except to say the ETF's is not a bad route, learning about stop losses is a good idea and I will plug No6's blog on GEI as being one of the best threads

No6:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....amp;st=300&

some info on stop losses

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....ic=6764&hl=

Archived