Blackfish-Investec Resources Special Situations Hedge Fund

Arn

I reckon you will see a whole lot more bandwagon effect before this boom is over.

By the end, it may outdo Dotcoms, and in some areas may rival the current property hysteria.

So years to go yet probably. But dont be surprised if there are some major corrections on the way

I read into your answer VOLATILITY which = opportunities for traders who can identify their entry and exit points.

Entry and exits I have not started on yet. However identifying opportunities is something I am able to do now with some success.

Arn

This is an interesting situation.

On the basis that :

- Konig is the CEO of Latitude Resources (AIM:LAT) and

- its s/p has taken a beating recently and

- Konig's statement about investing in undervalued juniors

I've taken a small speculative position in Latitude.

i must have the wrong symbol :: this uk:LAT chart Latasca

has not waited around for someone to say it is undervalued

--

whereas this one :: chart-LTR has started a move off its low

Well spotted sigmadelta.

Latest results.

http://www.investegate.co.uk/Article.aspx?...03300700390241U

Let us know how your position goes. Did you take your position on the back of my post?

Arn

Hi Arn,

I used to be a shareholder in Latitude (AIM:LTR) from the time it was Latin American Copper (OFEX:LAT). When Konig got involved I became sceptical about whether they would be serious about taking the existing projects forwards, so I sold.

I'd read something about Blackfish before, but hadn't connected the dots with regards to its stated intent and the interests of the people running it. The article you posted put it all in perspective. Please note however that it is purely speculative that Blackfish would take up any holding of Latitude, I just wanted to highlight the connections as I think it is interesting. I wouldn't dream of recommending Latitude to anyone. I've bought about GBP5k's worth of shares as a punt.

Cheers,

Pete

Good luck. It was good to see that there was more to your decision than my post.

Posters I feel quite rewarded by this event as I helped here in my post by causing a random event that helped a fellow poster. If there ever was a reason to post this is surely one.

Arn

• 4 months later...

Investec (ie Blackfish, I think) now have a 43M shares (15.95%) in Latitude Resources.

Latitude plans to sell all its exploration targets (subject to shareholder approval) and become a pure investment vehicle.

At which point it will be trading at a significant discount to NAV.

This is an unusual situation - a hedge fund getting involved in a microcap. But there is a twist: the hedge management and the microcap management are the same person. I'm a bit confused about the possibilities of this, but the discount, added profile and liquidity is good enough for me.

Possibly a prelude to making latitude into a cash shell which to perform reverse takeovers with, or something like that?

Or a cynical move as a prelude to stripping latitude of its assets?

Archived