• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Gold Bullion: Its Role in the New Financial System - 5 April 2012

How Gold Bullion could act as an "anchor of value"...

WE RECENTLY discussed just how the US Dollar came to be the central part of the world's monetary system and held onto that position when its economy and balance of payments were structurally inadequate to do so, writes Julian Phillips at GoldForecaster.

In a follow up article, we described how the US was flexing its muscles in taking action to stop Iran from selling its oil and receiving payments for it.

Carry on reading at the website,

http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/gold-bullion-value-040520121

Asia’s golden future

For most of the last century the default currency for international settlements has been the US dollar. This has given America ultimate power over international trade. In recent months, the US wielded this power against Iran, making life extremely difficult for all Iranians. Importantly it has interrupted oil trade with India, China and Japan. Furthermore SWIFT, the Belgian-based international banking settlement agency, has halted all Iranian interbank transfers.

http://www.goldmoney.com/gold-research/alasdair-macleod/asias-golden-future.html

Please goto the web site to carry on reading

David Morgan Says No QE for You

The Financial Survival Network has released an interview with our friend David Morgan who says: No QE for You.

The Doc might slightly amend this statement to No Officially Admitted QE for You.

Full interview below:

http://silverdoctors.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/david-morgan-says-no-qe-for-you.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Eveillard - Mass of Government Debt Underpinning Gold Market

Today legendary value investor, Jean-Marie Eveillard told King World News that many governments have their backs against the wall. But first, Eveillard, who oversees $50 billion at First Eagle Funds, had these observations about what is happening in the gold market: “I was in Paris for the past two weeks and while I was in Paris there was one evening where I was watching Bloomberg and I saw that Marc Faber was being interviewed.”

Jean-Marie Eveillard continues:

“The Bloomberg journalist said, ‘Hey, over the past few months the price of gold has come down.’ Marc very politely said, ‘Look, that’s what I’ve been trying to explain to you, the fact that gold has been in a correction. But that’s nothing in particular to worry about.’

There was a piece recently by Dylan Grice....

Continue reading the Jean-Marie Eveillard interview below...

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2012/4/6_Eveillard_-_Mass_of_Government_Debt_Underpinning_Gold_Market.html

London Trader - Fed’s Global War Against Gold Escalating

With many global investors still rattled by the price action of gold and silver, today King World News interviewed the “London Trader” to get his take on these markets. Here is what the source had to say: “Gold was trashed on Monday, while the Fed minutes essentially said nothing. When a central bank coordinates that kind of attack, it’s war, of course it’s war. This type of action is coordinated by Bernanke and the Fed and executed by the bullion banks. It’s actually laughable if anyone thinks that was a legitimate selloff, on what was, in reality, no news.”

© 2012 by King World News®. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast,

rewritten, or redistributed. However, linking directly to the blog page is permitted and encouraged.

April 5, 2012

The London Trader continues:

“No legitimate market participants were really selling. Sure there were some stops that were taken out, but it was the bullion banks that came in with their selling and this was what suddenly created the air pockets.

There is massive sovereign physical buying going on right now. Interestingly, the sovereign buying is being swamped by paper selling. Sovereign buyers are aggressively buying tonnage every day at these levels. You have to remember their goal is to pick up physical and get rid of dollars. Nothing has changed.

Interestingly, the Asian buyers have figured out the algorithms, like breaking an enemy’s code in war, and they are using the algorithmic trading to get the best prices each day for physical gold at these levels. The trading is just taking place at lower levels because these bullion banks and the Fed, which manage the price of gold, get overzealous in their price fixing.

But there will be a huge price to pay for their activity....

Continue reading the London Trader interview below...

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2012/4/5_London_Trader_-_Feds_Global_War_Against_Gold_Escalating.html

ANOTHER POINT of view -

Does this extreme sentiment mean the correction's end is near ?

69882751.png

Gold Collapse ... the Bubble Is Pricked?

Gold prices plunge overnight – is the rush over? ... Has the gold boom come to an end? The price of gold, which has climbed for years like a blood pressure reading for anxious investors, plunged overnight to its lowest level in three months. Gold fell almost $US58 to $1,614 per ounce. It has declined 15 per cent since September, when it hit a peak of $1,907. It had more than doubled from the financial crisis three years earlier. The decline on Wednesday came on an ugly day in the stock market. The Dow Jones industrial average lost 125 points a day that last year probably would have caused fearful investors to buy gold as a protective investment. "It's difficult to forecast, but I think the gold bull market is over," said Cetin Ciner, a professor of finance at the University of North Carolina-Wilmington. He likened the surge in gold to dot-com stocks before they collapsed. – New Zealand Herald News

Read more: http://www.thedailybell.com/3766/Gold-Collapse-the-Bubble-Is-Pricked

shapeimage_24.png

I happen to live next to those statues.

They are covered in Gold and look absolutely amazing when the sun is shining - if one likes shiny things.

I presume this picture is a subtle disagreement with the previous post that the Gold bull might be over.

If so I agree.

Having said that I personally believe that the market is manipulated and that the Gold price will be controlled untill after the elections.

We are still making lower highs and lower lows after the "September to remember" where we reached the current all-time high:

20120407-cjytqg8821h5h8jwrw4hh6thua.jpg

Not making any analysis here, I just think that the explosion (upwards) in Gold is less imminent than most Gold bugs think.

I have no doubt that the explosion will happen though and that it will be spectacular - but then again I am a buy and holder without leverage, then it is much easier to weather these draw downs - and the real bonus is that one doesn't have to be an invetment genius - one just have to know how to sit tight.

In a Bull market all timing mistakes gets corrected by the Bull - the Bull likes to kill people using leverage though, and this consolidation period in Gold if it stretches out for the rest of the year will flush out all the weak hands - and as soon as that is taken care of we are off to the races again - it has happened 4 times already in this Bull market, but as most investors are latecomers or have short memories, these corrections followed by long term consolidations will seem like the end of the Bull, and if one is heavily leveraged they will seem like the end of the World - but it's not, if it was the end of the World Gold would be going up :D

Hopefully some of the Gold manipulation will be exposed soon so we can get real price discovery.

- Or if You prefer to communicate in pictures, Errol, then here is one of my personal snapshots of the same statues from the other side:

20120407-mypa5rgud12p1me35mury2pg7g.jpg

Greyerz – Gold Bottom, $25 Trillion in Debt, ECB & Swiss Franc

Friday, April 6th, 2012

KingWorldNews.com April 6, 2012

Egon von Greyerz told King World News that around the world, the average debt to GDP is at a staggering 350%. Egon von Greyerz is founder and managing partner at Matterhorn Asset Management out of Switzerland. Von Greyerz also stated that even if the number was cut in half,... »

Gold Moves Sharply Higher For No Particular Reason Yet Seen - Remarkable Divergence

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/gold-moves-sharply-higher-for-no.html

Many GEI members are long it.

Isn't that a good enough reason?

It is not as if Gold has this dilemma:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtKcdzaqq40

Norcini - Take That Gold Shorts as Massive Bids Shock Market

Today legendary Jim Sinclair’s chartist, Dan Norcini, told King World News that fresh gold shorts suffered large losses in yesterday’s trading. Norcini said massive bids came into the market as gold crossed $1,640, volume spiked and the shorts were squeezed. Norcini stated the buying which came into the market was intense, and caught many market participants off guard. Here is how Norcini described the gold shorts getting mauled: “The move in gold seemingly came out of nowhere yesterday. Gold had been down earlier in the session when a huge bid came into gold at the $1,640 level and that took out the shorts at $1,645.”

Read more http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2012/4/11_Norcini_-_Take_That_Gold_Shorts_as_Massive_Bids_Shock_Market.html

Turk: Gold Shorts in Retreat, Currency Destruction Guaranteed

With gold trading at $1,660 and silver attempting to rally back to $32, today King World News interviewed James Turk out of Europe. Turk told King World News that the shorts have not been able to break the gold and silver markets. Turk also said the current trend guarantees destruction of the currencies. Here is what Turk had to say about the situation: “It has been a rough couple of weeks, Eric. That is not unusual over a holiday period, like the 4-day weekend here in Europe. Liquidity usually dries up during these periods, so short-term volatility can often be the result. And we have seen that in both the precious metals, with gold again testing support at $1650. Silver is testing support under $32.”

Read more http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2012/4/10_Turk__Gold_Shorts_in_Retreat,_Currency_Destruction_Guaranteed.html

Von Greyerz - Chinese Imports of Gold are Massive Right Now

Today Egon von Greyerz told King World News that although Italian banks are currently under attack, pressure will make its way into Portugal and eventually the UK as well. Egon von Greyerz is founder and managing partner at Matterhorn Asset Management out of Switzerland. Von Greyerz also said he is seeing large money flows into gold, and over in Asia, Chinese imports of gold are “massive.” But first, here is what Greyerz had to say about the action in gold: “We are going sideways at these levels, but I’m still of the opinion the next move, in coming weeks, will be to the upside. The news flow that is coming out every day continues to reinforce our position.”

Read more http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2012/4/10_Von_Greyerz_-_Chinese_Imports_of_Gold_are_Massive_Right_Now.html