• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Oops fixed. Enjoy, its a beast :P

Hahaha!!! He talks about Bernanke... said he should have failed his Ph.D and should have joined Zimbabwe's central bank :lol::lol::)

Marc, do you think a major bank will fail? Yes, I hope so. classic.

Hey!!!! :unsure:

Another HPC refuge aboard the lifeboat :P

Nice to see some regulars here, took me a little while to find the GEI forum. Outrageous what they did with The Gold Thread and you GF, they also deleted my posts........not happy :angry:

Anyway, nice to see the The Gold Thread 2, just going to try and read all the pages before I get to bed. ;)

Phew.

Last posted at page 15 today at 3.00pm

I have spent about a hour and a half and 15 pages later to get to here.

Silver went up nicely to day,and gold.

I am going to sell half my silver when it reaches $30 an oz,and i am going to buy more yellow coins with that ugly south African guy's face on them.

HAPPY DAYS! silver has made me so happy in 4 months about 20yrs worth of interest i would maybe have got out of northern drop bank

Does anyone think Silver will reach Ted Butlers $100 oz ???? :unsure:

Cgnao started a thread about this on wHoresPricksCrap this evening.

Does cgnao know we're here?

kb

Before I publicly posted a farewell I PMed several posters. cgnao was one of them. Although, given recent actions, I would not be surprised if most of my PMs had gotten deleted by the Mods before receivers were able to read them.

Phew.

Last posted at page 15 today at 3.00pm

I have spent about a hour and a half and 15 pages later to get to here.

Silver went up nicely to day,and gold.

I am going to sell half my silver when it reaches $30 an oz,and i am going to buy more yellow coins with that ugly south African guy's face on them.

HAPPY DAYS! silver has made me so happy in 4 months about 20yrs worth of interest i would maybe have got out of northern drop bank

Does anyone think Silver will reach Ted Butlers $100 oz ???? :unsure:

Short term? Yes, if there's a major commercial signal failure, else it could take another two/three years so long as the silver bull remains in tact. Will the silver bull last that long? No body knows at this point...

Company X is Goldman Sachs. Jim told everyone to again study the Ashanti case. Ashanti's shares did not go to the bank overseeing the resolution, they went to Goldman Sachs. GS is indirectly positioning to control a large portion of the world's future gold production.

A major player in gold derivatives is the Carlyle group. Jim hinted that in his opinion both Goldman Sachs and the Carlyle group are at the top of the pyramid. Instead of mentioning names, he told everyone to use the internet to extensively search both corporations to learn who is running the show.

Well, yeah, they run the show. They run the treasury, they run the Fed, the run the Bank of Canada, and they where the only ones to short subprime (and selling it to their customers at the same time). Good stuff.

Could the US at some stage simply nationalize GS to get back all the gold, or would this be wagging the dog? :unsure: My guess is the latter one.

Before I publicly posted a farewell I PMed several posters. cgnao was one of them. Although, given recent actions, I would not be surprised if most of my PMs had gotten deleted by the Mods before receivers were able to read them.

I tried to put a link to here and it auto changed to the Hpc url :unsure:

My thanks to cgnao i was getting into precious metals any way about the recommended 15%,but he help me with his posts and nuke pictures to go the whole hog,for what he posted i went and got the facts that he was 99% right guaranteed. :angry:

Pluto cast your mind back WHAT was Faber just starting to talk about when they went to a "commercial break" :unsure: after which that discussion was not restarted.

Something like gold going from $35 to $850 in the 70s.... MARC shut up! We MUST go to break...hehe

Follow the money and the corrupt piggys at the top of the Carlyle group,it is also a secret investment bank,

The first 2or3 mins is in Dutch then the rest is in English well worth watching 45 mins long.Even John i luv pea's Major was a director pappy bush and so on. (snort snort grunt)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7094545816220336237

The Bush family, the Saudi Royal family, Osama Bin Laden's family and Donald Rumsfeld's inner circle - these are just some of the high ... all » profile figures who have played a direct role in the rise of one of the most powerful and influential and secretive firms in Washington.

The company is called The Carlyle Group. And in the wake of the events of September 11th and the invasion of Iraq, its power and influence have become significantly stronger.

The company operates within the so-called iron-triangle of industry, government and the military. Its list of former and current advisers and associates includes a vast array of some of the most powerful men in America and indeed around the world.

This program exposes the history of the Carlyle Group, from it's inception as a private equity firm to it's precent status as one of the largest defence contractors in the world. «

Something like gold going from $35 to $850 in the 70s.... MARC shut up! We MUST go to break...hehe

Now if the "unmentionable thingy" was mainstream Im sure they would dedicate the whole 15min interview to it.

Faber is a rare bird a historical economist Schiff and Rogers are his "gloomy" subscribers.

His website is here and Tommorrows Gold is an excellent read.

http://www.gloomboomdoom.com/portalgbd/homegbd.cfm

Now how the hell do we invest in Cambodia? :unsure:

Now if the "unmentionable thingy" was mainstream Im sure they would dedicate the whole 15min interview to it.

Faber is a rare bird a historical economist Schiff and Rogers are his "gloomy" subscribers.

His website is here and Tommorrows Gold is an excellent read.

http://www.gloomboomdoom.com/portalgbd/homegbd.cfm

Now how the hell do we invest in Cambodia? :unsure:

Didn't Marc faber say that their would be a boom in commodities for 20 yrs or so a while back in his opinion last year?>

Didn't Marc faber say that their would be a boom in commodities for 20 yrs or so a while back in his opinion last year?>

Bloomberg summarizes some of his predicitions here and evaluates how correct they were. He got a lot right, but not everything.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

In February 2004, he said stocks in Brazil and Argentina were expensive because investors were overestimating China's demand for commodities. Brazil's Bovespa index has since almost tripled while Argentina's Merval Index has gained about 93 percent.

Well, just shows that nothing really is 100% guaranteed and that economic predicitions are sometimes extremely difficult. Also, a bubble can go longer than you think. HPC should have been in or before 2004. And it's only happening now. :unsure:

Faber is a contrarian bases his research on past historical cycles over many many years he spotted well befor J Rogers (who gets all the credit) that commodities were and still are cheap on a historical basis adjusted for inflation.

His assumption that growing middle class in Asia/emerging markets will demand more of these basic products (cotton,sugar,coffee etc) as they become more affluent and these commodities are already rising from a very low inflation adjusted base and the populations of these (gold loving) countries is huge.

As to gold he states "As long as there are fiat currencies I am always long gold."

Asked a few months ago if he had to go to prison for ten years and pick one investment that he could not touch in that time but would preserve his capital you can guess what he chose!

He also told investors to buy gold in 2001, before it more than doubled.

Actually in dollars I think gold is up nearly three times since that bloomberg quote.

Hopefully this will mark the end of London's Canary Wharf also known as the hedge fund capital of the world:

http://www.reuters.com/article/fundsFundsN...564918120080306

BOSTON, March 5 (Reuters) - Investors punished hedge funds for their worst-ever returns in January by adding only a small amount of new money to these once red-hot portfolios, new data show.

Pluto cast your mind back WHAT was Faber just starting to talk about when they went to a "commercial break" :P after which that discussion was not restarted.

bloomturd also clobbered him at the end when he was talking about goldilocks :unsure::angry:;)

Short term? Yes, if there's a major commercial signal failure, else it could take another two/three years so long as the silver bull remains in tact. Will the silver bull last that long? No body knows at this point...

100 bux?

look at all other metals since 2000 say

silver is waaaayyy undervalued on any scale

so yes defo 100 bux once the real cascading collapse begins

faber said the cdo structured products debacle had not even kicked in yet

I just got an important msg from Axtone's mailing list...

Axstone's Gold Price Commentary

$1,000 Gold Price is No Reason to Take Profits

Posted: 05 Mar 2008 09:02 AM CST

There is talk that a $1,000 gold price should be an area of resistance and time of profit taking.

You have to ask yourself when you read that (which is everywhere today) what kind of analysis is this?

What does a round number in US dollars have to do with a sound reason for taking profits in gold? Absolutely zero!

The US dollar is the common stock of the US whose balance sheet has gone wild. Gold sailed through the $500 level a few years ago rightly so, any resistance at $1,000 at this stage of the game is total nonsense and manipulation on several levels.

I have looked at over a dozen metrics and ratios that value Gold well north of $1,000 dollars today with a minimum of a $1,350 gold price today but we get stuck on the analysis of round numbers? This world is insane and is going where it deserves to go in my opinion.

I use technical analysis with GATA’s fundamentals so I feel very comfortable ignoring over bought areas in gold 90% of the time, I always have and always will until the evidence is overwhelming the Cartel has thrown in the towel.