• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Besides the CGT issue, Britannia's are much nicer than Maples, they look very plain IMHO. If you want a couple of different coins to look at, I can recommend 1oz US Buffalos and 1oz Chinese Pandas.

BTW - If you want something high on the 'prettyness & rubby scale', OZ 1KG silver coins are quite stunning.

My favourites. Brit's are the best gold coins though, if you're UK based.

Look, the USD is collapsing!

Silver it seems is one of the main beneficiaries (+3.2%)!!

GBP/USD 1.6720 and climbing. ... wow... someone carpet bombed the USD!

USDX dipped to 78.40 region.

Denninger seems to think it was a direct result of today's GDP figures. With the bond and FX guys making some big bets on not only the validity of the data to the health of the economy, but also the Fed's future direction.

Of course, pretty much everyone on here knew what the Fed would do a long time ago - take the easy way out and debase. Now they've seen the fruits of their fraud show up in the GDP stats, they're bound to press on with monetisation (after all, it must 'work' because the GDP figures said so). And so the madness begins.

This should mean gold up, dollar down in a big way. But you never know, we could get a bout of deleveraging mania first (I for one don't think that's too likely now).

Anyway, wherever the big move is going to take us, I think it starts here. A bit of a retrace and then we begin to grind out a trend, by the time Sep / Oct roll around, we hit widespread realisation of the direction and the move kicks into gear.

Market ticker link

i'm pretty pleased the way gold is behaving recently - its stayed above $900 in a very quiet time when lots of 'green shoots' have appeared (all false obviously).

one thing i've learnt is that things seem to happen much slower than i have expected, and that disasters seem to happen in slow motion - i guess thats why they catch so many people unaware. Nothing has changed however, and a big jump in gold will happen in the next few months imo.

Gold Price Set to Rocket According to Swiss Money Managers:

The price of gold is set for a sharp rally. I see it heading for $2000 per ounce over the next couple of years. That gives you a chance to pick-up an easy 114% profit if you get in at the current price of $933.

The Swiss private bank, Gonet & Cie. has crunched the numbers on the US spending binge. And they’ve come to the conclusion that by the time Bernanke is done debasing the dollar, the yellow metal is going to fetch $2000 an ounce.

http://www.fleetstreetinvest.co.uk/gold/go...ighs-45454.html

I think this month will bring the completion of the inverse head and shoulders pattern in gold. Target $1300 over the next couple of months.

Nice graph steve :) Volume should pickup a lot as we go through $1000.

Is that typical for all the heaviest volumes to be associated with the sell-offs and not any periods of price inflation?

I think the heaviest volume is at times of the biggest movements in price, either up or down.

When the price drops a lot with heavy volume there are a lot of weak sellers and also a lot of strong buyers. When volume picks up with not a lot of price movement, it means the price is about to go up as the volume is mainly buyers.

You will see heavy volume in times of price inflation as well as times of deflation.

I think this month will bring the completion of the inverse head and shoulders pattern in gold. Target $1300 over the next couple of months.

Nice graph steve :) Volume should pickup a lot as we go through $1000.

I found it interesting because only 2 years ago $700 was a "normal" price. So there was nothing special about the sales.

But just look at what happened when the price dropped back to $700 in late 2008. The sales spike was HUGE!.

IMO that gives a great insight into sentiment on price. $700 WAS seen as normal. Now it is seen as a HUGE buying opportunity.

To me, that speaks volumes :D (pun intended).

There is another little thing I've noticed. You probably know I spend a lot of time looking at the Yen crosses.

Well, just consider this. Last time the US$ Index was at 78 back at the start of the year, the US$JPY was also dipping at 88. That was below the Japanese target range (or what I believe it to be anyway).

Now the US$ Index is back at 78, but the US$JPY is still up at 95. That means this time the US$ can fall quite a bit against the JPY before Japan starts intervening.

I would not want to own US$ right now ;)

I found it interesting because only 2 years ago $700 was a "normal" price. So there was nothing special about the sales.

But just look at what happened when the price dropped back to $700 in late 2008. The sales spike was HUGE!.

IMO that gives a great insight into sentiment on price. $700 WAS seen as normal. Now it is seen as a HUGE buying opportunity.

To me, that speaks volumes :D (pun intended).

There is another little thing I've noticed. You probably know I spend a lot of time looking at the Yen crosses.

Well, just consider this. Last time the US$ Index was at 78 back at the start of the year, the US$JPY was also dipping at 88. That was below the Japanese target range (or what I believe it to be anyway).

Now the US$ Index is back at 78, but the US$JPY is still up at 95. That means this time the US$ can fall quite a bit against the JPY before Japan starts intervening.

I would not want to own US$ right now ;)

The Yen could also be a good buy here/soon. I am thinking of sinking putting income into Yen shortly.

Just a quick post to let you guys know that I am going on my hols (Florida) and won't be posting while away!

Gold is still doing what it always does!

Hopefully when I get back (in 10 days or so) it should have broken $960...

I'm back from my hols (now the wife has allowed me to post again!)..and look at the POG....$960!

Had a few well informed taxi drivers who were telling me that the FED is a private bank and that this credit crunch is down to them! I was surprised that the taxi drivers knew this - I think they know what is coming.

A themepark ticket 're-seller' started to tell me about how the Chinese have the upper hand now, and the dollar will become worthless very soon especially if the Chinese decide to dump their dollars. Very surprised to learn that the common man in US still understands what is happening. This guy also told me that a few years ago there was a forex booth in every mall, now to change sterling to usd I had to hunt one down in a big shopping centre. He said that the recent volatility in forex markets had killed these small guys.

Disney was packed; my hotel/appartment complex was packed. Lots of people suffering financially though and just muddling through. Lots of people blaming Wall Street and looking for some kind of 'justice'.

Ohhh forgot to add that I hadn't seen as many old people (who should have retired in my book) still working really hard. All the waitresses in Disney and Seaworld seemed to be older than 65. In fact had a quick chat with a waitress who was 81. She said she keeps working to stay busy and provide for her grand-daughter. Is this what the UK has to look forward to?

The telly always had adverts for gold on usually from a company called goldline http://www.goldline.com/

Also adverts for turn your 'gold into cash' outfits: http://www.cash4gold.com/

Most of the US news channels concentrated on the 'teachable' Gates/Cop moment - a real load of rubbish in my book to keep the serfs occupied whilst the great heist continues.

Amazing chart - can you tell me where you got it from? I want to use it as a timing tool!

I wondered the same but it seems not to lead the price but to move with it directly at least in those two big middle spikes.

Just to be sure: does "UBS Sales" means "UBS Sales of gold"?

Just that at first I thought it was a more general sales index.