Stock Analyst Newsletters

Whats the general concensus on newsletters?

Im thinking about Goldstockanalyst.com to get specific ideas on Gold/Silver producing miners

I've been nibbling at a few juniors over the past year but want a greater exposure. Just dont have the time to research the hundreds of miners out there.

£300 for a yearly subscription of a monthly newsletter, seems to be about average. But Im just wary of newsletters period!

I'd be interested in any thoughts on the subject.

PM me re this, please. Though I won't reply till next week.

Care to share as it's a fine question? I've recently subscribed to several non-mining ones with mixed success.

I once subscribed to a Zeal junior mining special report and invested on the basis of that with mixed success which taught me to do my own diligence which is not hard, just time consuming. I would much prefer a junior fund but I can't find one (there are US ones but they are only open to US residents)

If of interest, I would put Dorsch's Global Money Trends at the top of my newsletters. But then FSN and GoldSeek Radio are the best (and free). So is CWR of course!

I'll add my $.02, since I found myself in a similar position recently, but I'm no expert. First, check out http://www.stockgumshoe.com/. I simply love this site. It has made me realize that most of the newsletters have as much of a chance getting it right than monkeys throwing darts at picks. Don't fall for the overconfidence displayed in some of these letters.

The other thing I've realized, as the pp mentioned, is that you can get better ideas, information and quality, for free, from certain sites, news feeds, etc. Along with this site, CWR, and Money Magazine, I like http://allallan.blogspot.com/, http://www.resourceinvestor.com/, and http://www.resourcestockguide.com/. Also, somewhere on this site there's a list of GEI's fav podcasts.

Having said all that, I do have some money behind some of Jim Dines' picks. He writes the Dines Letter. Whether this will prove to be a wise decision, only time can tell. But I agree with his direction, he's been at it for a long long time, and I believe he actually travels to visit management and sites. I don't buy everything on his list....I pick and choose. I look at it like a great starting point.

Another tip, see if your library subscribes to any newsletters. Mine has about 2 dozen!

Whats the general concensus on newsletters?

Im thinking about Goldstockanalyst.com to get specific ideas on Gold/Silver producing miners

I've been nibbling at a few juniors over the past year but want a greater exposure. Just dont have the time to research the hundreds of miners out there.

£300 for a yearly subscription of a monthly newsletter, seems to be about average. But Im just wary of newsletters period!

I'd be interested in any thoughts on the subject.

I like this newsletter. I used to get copies up to last early 2007.

Can you please PM me too.

Thanks.

Care to share as it's a fine question? I've recently subscribed to several non-mining ones with mixed success.

I once subscribed to a Zeal junior mining special report and invested on the basis of that with mixed success which taught me to do my own diligence which is not hard, just time consuming. I would much prefer a junior fund but I can't find one (there are US ones but they are only open to US residents)

If of interest, I would put Dorsch's Global Money Trends at the top of my newsletters. But then FSN and GoldSeek Radio are the best (and free). So is CWR of course!

Likewise would be keen to hear....

Does anyone here follow James Dines' letter any more? I know he made an absolute killing for his readers during the uranium boom a few years back but i'm not up to speed on what he writes about these days.

Just read the latest one last night. He's still touting Uranium, probably his #1 topic. Uranium, energy, global warming, mining consolidation activity, inflation, politics.... His picks are mostly uranium and precious metal miners. I get the feeling that he's thinking about what the next bull market is going to be. It's a little bit of a bummer to get on board with the newletter now instead of 2000 when he made his Uranium calls...which he is keen to point out every month.

I would much prefer a junior fund but I can't find one (there are US ones but they are only open to US residents)

Take a look at Endeavour Mining (EDV.t). I have been buying the warrants recently.

I also put my hand up for the $0.50 pp for Wheaton Gold. They have been buying gold production at $400 per ounce

Just read the latest one last night. He's still touting Uranium, probably his #1 topic....

This could be a great time to be buying a mix of Uranium equities IMHO.

Last spring when we did the Uranium podcast with Dines was not, as I think you will find I said at that time, if you go back and listen. I'm happy to agree with Dines now that U shares have had a good 12 month long corection

Archived