Aurelian taken out by Kinross

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews...20080724?rpc=44

0.317 of a Kinross common share plus 0.1429 of a warrant per Aurelian share valuing them at C$8.20 at current prices.

Well Aurelian was as high as C$10.20 this year but after the Ecuador government's half-assed attempt to renegotiate contracts I can't consider this a bad deal. I've been in since C$0.55 and that was before the 4:1 split! I just wish I'd bought more. Can anyone tell me anything interesting about Kinross?

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews...20080724?rpc=44

0.317 of a Kinross common share plus 0.1429 of a warrant per Aurelian share valuing them at C$8.20 at current prices.

Well Aurelian was as high as C$10.20 this year but after the Ecuador government's half-assed attempt to renegotiate contracts I can't consider this a bad deal. I've been in since C$0.55 and that was before the 4:1 split! I just wish I'd bought more. Can anyone tell me anything interesting about Kinross?

If you ask me, Kinross is stealing Aurelian at this price.

I would think others are going to take a close look and probaly want in.

pnp

If you ask me, Kinross is stealing Aurelian at this price.

I would think others are going to take a close look and probaly want in.

pnp

Agreed. Well done Kinross.

Will this be the catalyst for other moves?

Once Aurelian is gone anumber of people will be kicking themselves.

• 3 weeks later...
Came across a very good LatAm blog Inka Kola and seems there is a lot of discontent surrounding the Kinross offer and I can only credit the author with this link

It's gotta make you laugh on a day like today :rolleyes:

Thanks - that's a very good find!

The blog entry titled, Spot Gold May Save Aurelian from its Board of Directors was very interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

Well spot gold did not save Aurelian from it's board of directors. Kinross now has more than 80% of the o/s shares dedicated to the acquisition. I've changed my mind about this deal since it was announced - I'm far less sure that I'm getting a good deal. But that doesn't matter now. All that matters is the future performance of the Kinross shares and warrants that I will soon own. Does anyone have a view on Kinross?

• 2 weeks later...

It is a general concern to me for my Junior miner portfolio which is deep in the red. I intend to hold for Long-Term but would be obliged to realise losses if the company is bought out.

Frizzers, I have quite a few Silver miners that you recommended a while back (you might not have recommended them all but I hold AQI, FR, EDR, EXN, FVI, GPR and SVL).

What wwould be your strategy in the face of this? And what do you think is the risk of this happening for that selection (most are promising junior producers)

PS: This Hitler video is used and abused (a youtube search would yield results for C. Ronaldo's transfer to Madrid, Hitler's BMW vs japanese bikes, superbowl, etc...)

I know and own most of those. My biggest position is FR.

To me they are buys, not sells at these levels, but they have all woefully underperformed the metal.

I am not selling any. I believe silver one day will go to the moon and am holding on till such time. I see them as options on silver. However, I may consider taking some money off the table this March-April as silver tends to peak in the spring. If they ride up, I can't stomach riding them down again, if you know what I mean.

I know and own most of those. My biggest position is FR.

To me they are buys, not sells at these levels, but they have all woefully underperformed the metal.

I am not selling any. I believe silver one day will go to the moon and am holding on till such time. I see them as options on silver. However, I may consider taking some money off the table this March-April as silver tends to peak in the spring. If they ride up, I can't stomach riding them down again, if you know what I mean.

I DEFINITELY know what you mean - although having been slightly late to the party (bought in april) I havent enjoyed the ride up. Just down!

My problem is that I can even less stomach not riding them up when they do and I'll always be too worried of selling too early to cash in and missing the boat later.. Well this year has proved me wrong anyway...

I agree that they are BUYS now but what worries me is if they get taken over at these levels. What do you do? Do you buy in the company that buys them? Do you find other promising companies to reinvest the proceeds?

Well, if that happens - and I don't see it - they'll be taken over at a 50%+ premium I would imagine.

Neumayer would not allow FR to be taken out at these levels. AQI will be taken over at some stage - the deposit is too big for them - but I imagine Henderson will wait for higher prices first.

Maybe id silver goes above $20 again one of them 'll be taken out. Who knows?

• 3 months later...

Archived