HPC - Get banned or cope with the Craziness ?

I have been a member of HPC since 2004 (lapsed of late). I heard a rumour that Bubb has been banned. I went on and asked if it was true. My post was deleted. I filed a second post and that was deleted. I then invited them to 'ban the idiot with the trigger finger or ban me'. That post was deleted. I then posted this:

Bubb bubb bubb bubb bubb bubb bubb..........

I have now been banned from HPC.

== == ==

In edit by DrB, title was changed from just "HPC"

(I will change it back, if asked by M.)

It seems that they have reinstated my posts but everything is being diverted to:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...hp?showforum=35

Just asked to be banned. Posted on many of Bubbs threads, got repeatedly banned in 05/06 on singingpig (samsmith/mbga9pgf usernames) when idiots like "massive" and some fat turkish bloke were saying a crash would never happen... go over to singingpig these days and see what has happened to the property investment forum.... Dead as a dodo.

To be honest, HPC is redundant. The idiot bulls on MSE havent realised it yet, but the austerity measures, i Reckon, will see 15-20% wiped off the current value of property.

Why register on here?

I have recently bought, at around 30% off the original (overpriced) asking. I went in with a 30% deposit so should be OK even if prices fall significantly. I have come on here to see what the crack is, where we think markets and regulators are going, and most importantly, where the wedge is to be earned.

Just asked to be banned. Posted on many of Bubbs threads, got repeatedly banned in 05/06 on singingpig (samsmith/mbga9pgf usernames) when idiots like "massive" and some fat turkish bloke were saying a crash would never happen... go over to singingpig these days and see what has happened to the property investment forum.... Dead as a dodo.

To be honest, HPC is redundant. The idiot bulls on MSE havent realised it yet, but the austerity measures, i Reckon, will see 15-20% wiped off the current value of property.

Why register on here?

I have recently bought, at around 30% off the original (overpriced) asking. I went in with a 30% deposit so should be OK even if prices fall significantly. I have come on here to see what the crack is, where we think markets and regulators are going, and most importantly, where the wedge is to be earned.

That does work by the way. Very effective.

I have been a member of HPC since 2004 (lapsed of late). I heard a rumour that Bubb has been banned. I went on and asked if it was true. My post was deleted. I filed a second post and that was deleted. I then invited them to 'ban the idiot with the trigger finger or ban me'. That post was deleted. I then posted this:

Bubb bubb bubb bubb bubb bubb bubb..........

I have now been banned from HPC.

Silly bVggers.

But I reckon that since they have deleted or hidden all the threads I started, the are trying to wipe out my name.

I think that they have thereby lost some of their own history, and that is sad - not only for me.

What about the great comments by others that were posted on the same threads ?

I appreciate your support, and you will be welcome here - and in the new GEI property section (coming)

And the new website, if we launch it.

I will needs some partners to help with the moderation

I went to that About HPC, and found several posts by those who regretted the banning, and many like this:

The Matador, on 01 October 2010 - 09:53 AM, said:

He asked the mods to ban him.

xx

Actually he gave an ultimatum demanding that the mods ban either another poster or himself. Didn't quite work out - much like his trades.

Actually, any one who reads GEI will know that I don't get it right all the time - Hey, who does?

But I have been making my living from trading over quite a few years, and have done well enough to go from:

+ Owning one partly-geared flat in London, to

+ Owning 10 flats in HK, to

+ Owning 1 valuable debt-free HK flat with a goodly sum of cash as I peal off Gold related investments into an (over-extended) gold bull move

Do you do that by getting it wrong?

The problem is there was a load of @rzehe@ds on HPC who would do their best to jump on any posting that showed just the smallest timing error. While most others (the silent majority?) would quietly take in the good ideas from my posting, and mayce see some great timing cues.

The HPC trolls and wind-up artists can now live in their own "soup" there. And soon the good posters may be offered a new place to post about property.

In 6 or 7 years, I did not have a single post deleted on HPC and to my recollection only one post was ever moved. In the last 24 hours however they deleted or moved over a dozen posts. I have to confess that some of the later contributions certainly deserved deletion.

For some reason, HPC were very reluctant to ban me but kept making it more and more difficult for me to post. What they failed to understand was that they were just adding petrol to the fire. The little effort below however won me my 'banned from HPC medal'.

I was one of the very first posters on HPC. I was even a contributor to the very early site. How is it that I have made over 4000 trouble free posts on the website and am suddenly subjected to aggressive and arbitrary censorship? Guilt must lie with intolerant, thin skinned moderators.

Yesterday I posed a legal and legitimate question about the banning of another long time poster. The moderators suddenly started to deleting and moving my posts. If they really think that arbitrary censorship is a solution, then they are as short suited in common sense as they are in brains. Censorship just pours petrol on the fire.

When I finally get banned from this website the moderators must recognise that they lost one of their oldest contributors in the space of 24 hours through narrow minded attempts to micro manage forum content.

Doubtless this post will get deleted as well. If this fails to appear, it will be posted on other websites.

In 6 or 7 years, I did not have a single post deleted on HPC and to my recollection only one post was ever moved. In the last 24 hours however they deleted or moved over a dozen posts. I have to confess that some of the later contributions certainly deserved deletion.

For some reason, HPC were very reluctant to ban me but kept making it more and more difficult for me to post. What they failed to understand was that they were just adding petrol to the fire. The little effort below however won me my 'banned from HPC medal'.

Consider it a badge of honor.

The Moderators there are a faceless bunch, lacking in accountability, and allowing no discussion and offering no explanations. Playing god in a brutal and thoughtless way.

Speaking of which, would anyone car to post a list of the HPC Mods here, for the historical record?

= = =

I found this post on HPC funny:

M: "If you don't like this site stay away, don't try and ruin it for those of us who do."

(They are perfectly capable of ruining HPC on their own.)

The Moderators there are a faceless bunch, lacking in accountability, and allowing no discussion and offering no explanations. Playing god in a brutal and thoughtless way.

Well, the term "house price crash" carries so much emotional baggage that the site can never be taken too seriously, despite the good that has come from it, such as GEI et al.

Well, the term "house price crash" carries so much emotional baggage that the site can never be taken too seriously, despite the good that has come from it, such as GEI et al.

Once upon a time, I bought a Domain name, HousePriceCycle.com and offered it JV it with Greg, the old HPC webmaster.

The idea was to have a website with a name that would appeal to bulls and bears alike. Greg didn't go for that. He said that he actually preferred operating with a name that had a clear point of view, and would attract a certain type of person.

Not long after this, he sold HPC. I cannot recall the price, but I think it was something like Pds. 10,000. I later told him that I would have paid him that much for a site with so much traffic and so much potential.

One reason he dealt with Brendan and Fubra, is that Brendan was young guy, who shared some of his thoughts about the need for the site, and also Fubra promised to basically leave the site alone and not tamper much, apart from adding some advertising. From what I can see, he has basically kept his word. (Although the ads seemed to have been dropped now, for some reason.) I cannot help but think that owning HPC has involved some headaches for Fubra, but I am just guessing that. I don't know any specifics.

Fubra like the traffic.

Here's a story: I know the guys who write The Daily Mash. They were trundling along writing their stories but the site had very little profile. Then somebody posted a link to one of their stories (something economics related, I think) on HPC early on in the credit crunch. And suddenly, whoosh, traffic to the site took off and so did their popularity. They haven't looked back.

Now maybe it was just a matter of time for Daily Mash, as they were doing brilliant work. But the audience for HPC and Daily Mash are pretty similar - similar economic/political leanings, similar interests etc - but HPC's and its audience was very much the door-opener/ catalyst/ launch pad for Daily Mash.

HPC's traffic is very valuable.

Good point.

And even if GPC grows as i hope it will, it is not likely to get the same sort of demographic as HPC.

In fact, that may be a big part of the problem I was having on that site, it isn't primarily "thoughtful people", is it?

Fubra like the traffic.

Here's a story: I know the guys who write The Daily Mash. They were trundling along writing their stories but the site had very little profile. Then somebody posted a link to one of their stories (something economics related, I think) on HPC early on in the credit crunch. And suddenly, whoosh, traffic to the site took off and so did their popularity. They haven't looked back.

Now maybe it was just a matter of time for Daily Mash, as they were doing brilliant work. But the audience for HPC and Daily Mash are pretty similar - similar economic/political leanings, similar interests etc - but HPC's and its audience was very much the door-opener/ catalyst/ launch pad for Daily Mash.

HPC's traffic probably *was* very valuable but I do wonder if banning dissenters and homogenising all he view points wiil have an effect on traffic.

HPC's traffic probably *was* very valuable but I do wonder if banning dissenters and homogenising all he view points wiil have an effect on traffic.

In the end, a website needs good content to keep people interested

Windups can be tiring after a while

Nothing wrong with humor, but what passes for humor on HPC has a very nasty edge to it, and you will know if you are subjected to it constantly.

It surprise me how quickly the nastiness transforms a bull into a troll, but you can see it again and again

Archived