Puplava's holdings

silverharp

http://www.secinfo.com/d19eV3.te.htm#1stPage

Any comments welcome on his holdings. One company he seems to own a lot of is EasternPlatinum, I gather when the shakeout was happening in August Frank Barbara was telling his subscribers to hold onto EasternPlatinum. Another that jumps out is Kimber, that stock has had a wild ride in the last couple of years, but Jim seems to keep mentioning the Sierra Madre which is where Kimber is , so it seems like he hasn't given up on it.

http://www.secinfo.com/d19eV3.te.htm#1stPage

Any comments welcome on his holdings. One company he seems to own a lot of is EasternPlatinum, I gather when the shakeout was happening in August Frank Barbara was telling his subscribers to hold onto EasternPlatinum. Another that jumps out is Kimber, that stock has had a wild ride in the last couple of years, but Jim seems to keep mentioning the Sierra Madre which is where Kimber is , so it seems like he hasn't given up on it.

I would suggest you look at Tyhee - TDC.V.

JP regularly refers to this stock on his radio show - usually indirectly - his favourite Yellowknife gold play. That said he has made direct reference over the last couple of weeks. It is, I think, one his top 5 holdings in terms of value.

Also recommended last year by Frank Barbera.

Please note I am long TDC with a large holding - but nowhere near this size of JP. :lol:

Are you guys members of Advfn?

If so, there's a thread there on Puplava's holdings- with charts too.

Link: http://www.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php3?id=14987753

JP regularly refers to this stock on his radio show - usually indirectly - his favourite Yellowknife gold play. That said he has made direct reference over the last couple of weeks. It is, I think, one his top 5 holdings in terms of value.

Please note I am long TDC with a large holding - but nowhere near this size of JP. :P

JP is a Director of Kimber. One of his associates (sorry I've forgotten her name - maybe Leeane Baker?) is financial advisor to Tyhee - she's slated to be on FSN's next gold roundtable. (I own both stocks by the way).

Please note I am long TDC with a large holding - but nowhere near this size of JP. :blink:

I have been following TDC as well, do you give it a heavy weighting? from your research about it what do you like best about it?

I have been following TDC as well, do you give it a heavy weighting? from your research about it what do you like best about it?

Already had a defined Au resource - operates in a safe area that is mining friendly. Recommended by Frank Barbera and Dave Morgan. Was a Jay Taylor pick in 2003.

The Yellow Knife project and Ormsby resource is the cake for Tyhee - Big Sky could be the topping ( or an even bigger cake ).

Folks need to remember that only one drill was originally earmarked for Big Sky. A decision to deploy a further two drills was taken after the first two holes were drilled - and before results came back from the labs.

People need to consider why this decision to deploy more drills was taken. I do not know the answer but I can guess.

My guess is that either visible gold was seen in the cores or the mineralisation was a replica of that seen at the nearby Giant mine.

Make up your own mind - but Big Sky could come to nothing and Tyhee would still be a bargain - IMHO.

• 3 months later...

Very interesting list silverharp. I've done some sorting and digging and this was the first interesting find.

I guess this isn't the best news in the world for JP then as as at Dec 07 Aurelian was his top holding worth $15m.

Aurelian Resources, the Toronto-based mining company, said it halted drilling work at the Condor site in Ecuador and cut 80 percent of its workforce after the government there banned mining for as long as six months. The stock tumbled 10 percent, the most in a week, to C$4.10.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...mp;refer=canada

There was a lot of selling around 21st April though (25m of the 134m shares in issue) which took the price down from over $8 to $4, so it could have been Jim selling his 2m shares

Puplava has a holding in Soho, I believe, which just announced some results out of hours and is at a kind of GIP

Any of you geos got a view?

Soho Resources Corp. – (TSX Venture – SOH) (“Soho” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the completion of its first Canadian National Instrument NI 43-101 compliant mineral resource estimate for its Tahuehueto property in Durango State, Mexico (“Tahuehueto”). This initial resource estimation has been prepared by Mine Development Associates of Reno, Nevada (“MDA”). Mine Development Associates is a full-service mining engineering firm, specializing in all aspects of exploration, mine development, and mine operations.

This resource represents only the upper, close to surface portion of three structures; the El Creston structure over approximately 670 m of strike length; the Cinco de Mayo - Santiago structure known to be at least 3 km long and drill tested over approximately 2.5 km of strike length; and the El Rey structure tested over approximately 250 meters of strike length.

Highlights

o 383,000 oz ounces gold equivalent (calculated using only Gold oz + Silver oz/60, assumes 100% Au & Ag recoveries [excludes base metal content])

o 276,000 ounces of gold

o 6.429 million ounces of silver

o 33.483 million pounds of copper

o 110.457 million pounds of lead

o 201.138 million pounds of zinc

IN FULL HERE

“We are very pleased to deliver to our shareholders our first NI 43-101 compliant resources”, states Mr. Ralph Shearing, President and CEO of the Company. “This is a solid and strong initial resource for a junior company, calculated by a conservative, highly reputable and experienced engineering firm. With the ongoing exploration program running smoothly and efficiently full speed ahead, we are confident that Soho will substantially add to and increase this initial resource by drilling along strike and down dip on the three structures from where our initial resource has been calculated. We also have many other structures hosted within the district scale mineralizing system and contained within our project concessions that have not yet been drill tested. We hope that drill testing these structures in the future ongoing exploration program will also contribute resources to the project resource inventory.”

• 2 weeks later...
Can't believe Kimber has jumped 40% whilst I was waiting for funds to clear. D'oh!

Im selling part of my Kimber here, cashing a nice profit, and buying US Gold (UXG).

I do swaps like this quite often. Usually only when I am cashing a nice profit, and buying something

that looks much cheaper.

Im selling part of my Kimber here, cashing a nice profit, and buying US Gold (UXG).

I do swaps like this quite often. Usually only when I am cashing a nice profit, and buying something

that looks much cheaper.

Shi*. Bubb sells and I buy. Not sure that's a good thing ! Though you say you've built up profit don't you think Kimber still looks good value? (I appreciate you're entyr and exit strategies - I've read arouund the junior threads with great interest. Kimber's been kicked to hell and the reserves valuation seems to stack up nicely even with the 40% growth to me. Do you know if all the management issues are now ironed out?

I'll take a look at the valuation on UXG though as well.

Shi*. Bubb sells and I buy. Not sure that's a good thing ! Though you say you've built up profit don't you think Kimber still looks good value? (I appreciate you're entyr and exit strategies - I've read arouund the junior threads with great interest. Kimber's been kicked to hell and the reserves valuation seems to stack up nicely even with the 40% growth to me. Do you know if all the management issues are now ironed out?

I'll take a look at the valuation on UXG though as well.

Part of Bubb's method, if I remember right, is to sell half of a junior when it doubles. I've no quarrel with that but personally I'll be holding tight for a long time as I think this one has a really great future.

Part of Bubb's method, if I remember right, is to sell half of a junior when it doubles. I've no quarrel with that but personally I'll be holding tight for a long time as I think this one has a really great future.

Indeed. It's all about one's own entry and exit points. Another of the useful rules of thumb is to buy in when the market cap is less than 10% of reserves values at market rates per ounce (which this still is ). I've bought in today.

Archived