Had a quick look at GM and my eyes did one of those cartoony popping out of head moments when i saw it was at $1042/oz.

I know a few people have predicted the seasonal pullback to start in the next few days but with the market strength seen (admittedly due to currency weakness) i think this is the real testing point.

If Gold can stay above that $980 mark or even $1000 for most of October then imho we really are seeing a new transition phase to the market. October is usually the worst performing month for our favourite shineh metal - if we can plateau to a stable $1000+ gold environment for a few months (i.e. longer than previous $1000+ spikes) i see no reason why the push beyond $1100 and upwards can't take place...

EDIT: interesting to note that whilst a lot of the gold shares i track have seen 5-10% rises today some of the juniors have stayed very static... will continue to watch with interest.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Perhaps you could expand there without distracting this thread. :lol::lol::lol:

Look at your piece above Jim! You are part of your self-proclaimed distraction! :lol:

And are you talking about the gulag or the dungeon, I get so confused.

I have plenty of evidence on Fisk. I've followed his career and read his writings for many many years. A successful intel agent says all the right things and makes all the right noises to gain credbility, then when the time is right he'll earn his keep.

Simon Rabinotvitch and Wayne Cole

Reuters

Tuesday, Oct 6th, 2009

Big oil producing nations denied on Tuesday a British newspaper report that Gulf Arab states were in secret talks with Russia, China, Japan and France to replace the U.S. dollar with a basket of currencies in trading oil.

The U.S. dollar eased in response to the report, which was written by The Independent’s Middle East correspondent Robert Fisk and cited unidentified sources in Gulf Arab states and Chinese banking sources in Hong Kong.

It said the proposal was for trade in crude oil to move over nine years to a basket of currencies including the Japanese yen, the Chinese yuan, the euro, gold and a new, unified currency planned for nations in the Gulf Co-operation Council, which includes Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

But top officials of Saudia Arabia and Russia, speaking on the sidelines of International Monetary Fund meetings in Istanbul, denied there were such talks.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

'Well they're not going to admit it even if there were talks. Will this help curb the dollar sell off? Or make people nervous that something is going on?

My impression is that if there's nothing to deny you shouldn't have to deny it.

Feline's out of the bag now. The question remains, will the first-mover effect kick in: those that dump first, gain more.

It could go either way. But I have to say, the USD doesn't have much going for it domestically, and internationally the derivatives beast goes away if the dollar is marginalized to nothing.

It comes as no surprise that Saudi Arabia denies it. We'd cut off their protection if they publicly admitted it. Russia denies it, but that would be par for the course for them. China already wants out of the dollar, so I expect they'll just quietly continue doing what they have been doing. So far, France hasn't denied it but we already know where they stand. Then again, they *should* all deny it given the meetings were billed as *secret*.

So, was it leaked to force the issue sooner and drive the dollar down faster? Who leaked it? I would not be surprised to find out the the CIA leaked it to the British press.'

CIA to MI6 = R Fisk Esq.

Step forward trusted asset Robert Fisk to write the perfect article.

Get it yet, Jim?

I agreee with cdswamp about this. Obviously even ill-informed controlled media consumers know that something is afoot. That article confirms some of their ideas BUT kicks it out to 2018 - no need to worry for the moment then.

I agreee with cdswamp about this. Obviously even ill-informed controlled media consumers know that something is afoot. That article confirms some of their ideas BUT kicks it out to 2018 - no need to worry for the moment then.

2018 is the completion date, when it's too late to worry. The start date is in the past. There have already been deals between China and other Asian or S. American countries to trade in Yuan.

I have plenty of evidence on Fisk. I've followed his career and read his writings for many many years. A successful intel agent says all the right things and makes all the right noises to gain credbility, then when the time is right he'll earn his keep.

CIA to MI6 = R Fisk Esq.

Step forward trusted asset Robert Fisk to write the perfect article.

Get it yet, Jim?

Its OK we now have a thread where you can post all the evidence you have, if you would like to prove that Robert Fisk is operating as an intelligence asset.

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=7883

I'm afraid that you don't get it at all Jim.

You don't get that the new forum is not a gulag. It's a pace you can discuss things like the control of the media.

Questioning aspects of a popular gold-related story is relevant to gold investment.

Unsupported attacks on columnists is not helpful here but there is a place for evidence-based discussion elsewhere.

Do you see why the other forum was created now?

2018 is the completion date, when it's too late to worry. The start date is in the past. There have already been deals between China and other Asian or S. American countries to trade in Yuan.

Saudi Arabia has just denied everything.

I think Rick Santelli on CNBC explained the dollar oil-pricing issue perfectly.

Along the lines of "If you had a hugely in-demand product that you'd been selling in a currency with fundamentals as flawed and unstable as the USD, wouldn't YOU be having secret meetings to find an alternative means of pricing it ?"

Sure, gold operates in a vacuum, RIGHT!

I'm afraid that you don't get it at all Jim. This story has huge IMPLICATIONS for gold. This story breaks, and gold reaches an all time high, starting it's run up also in London, where the story broke???

Do you honestly believe there is no connection?

And if you think a 9 year transition is likely, I have London Bridge in my back garden to sell you! More like 9 days! We are at the tipping point right now.

This is it folks. The game is really on. This is front page on EVERY newstand in the UK. It's mainstream now.

The timewave zero says TSHTF on 26 Oct

The webbots claim it's 25 Oct, with a 10 day hold your breath event. They mention the 7th of November as pivotal too.

Jim Sinclair sez <40 days.

The astrologers say that we have the first Saturn, Pluto, Uranus T-square since the beginning of the 1930s.....TPTB pay huge attention to both numerology and the positions of the planets/stars. It's not what YOU believe, it's what THEY believe.

October, the month of revolution and market crashes.

Need I say more?

I am fully loaded and 'made' about $<20,000 just in the last day or so, just by sitting on my arse. I hope that all that have been reading these metals threads at GEI over the last 2-3 years are similarly placed, because this is going to be quite some ride. 

No trading needed. Strictly verboten IMO.

Just sit tight as per Jesse Livermore, Jim Sinclair and Alf Field. All ya gotta do. 

Sublime swampy enough said

Fisk broke a story saying that GOLD would partly replace the dollar as the world's reserve currency.

The story was LEAKED to him by either the CIA or MI6. These SECRET high level meetings are not leaked willy nilly to any old journalist, they wanted a 'safe pair of hands' to deliver the right story with the right tone at the right time and place.

GOLD/FISK

Inextricably linked today.

Do you get it yet, Jim?

I get far more than you could possibly concede. What confuses me now is that you first claimed that Fisk's story should not be taken seriously on the grounds that he's an intelligence asset but you have subsequently claimed to know both that the story is true and who gave it to him. So the only thing to be skeptical about is the timing and the tone?

I see you passed up enrieb's invitation to dazzle us with your secret knowledge in a dedicated forum, but if you do grow some balls and find some evidence I'd be happy to participate. I doubt the CIA's goal was to link the words Fisk and Gold today but if there's an elitist prophesy which would be fulfilled by such a correlation then do tell (just not here).

You still don't get it Jim - that dreaded barbaric G word was mentioned in the story, GOLD!!! :lol:

Apologies for not being blown away by that. This is not the first time it has been mentioned by wealthy nations in mainstream media as an alternative currency and we already know that at least China and Russia are increasing their reserves.

So, it turns out I do get it. I just had to lower myself to understand you ;)

Some humility from you would be appreciated in future.

Please post this drivel over at the Gulag! This is not the place for wild conspiracy theories!!! :lol::lol:

Yep, no balls at all.

Seriously, if you do have knowledge of elitist actions behind this then let's discuss it. in the right place. I can't be the only one who's interested, surely!?

Stop distracting this thread with your vendetta! Off to the gulag with you!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I suppose that means you won't explain your contradictory analyses of the reasons behind Fisk's story. Or support your claims with evidence.

If you're talking bollox now then why should anyone ever take any of your unsupported nonsense seriously? A whole forum was created where the burden of evidence is reduced and you're too scared even to try out your theories in there! To be honest, I found you out very early on, and the comments about ignoring users tells me I'm not alone. But at least I've tried to help, by holding up a mirror to your inadequacies.

You're on ignore.

I thought I was quite restrained, old Jim is not the brightest spark in the chimney! :lol: Like a Jack Russell nipping at me ankles!!! :lol: I was *trying* to tell Jim (about five times) that it was v v suspicious that Fisk should get the story, but more importantly, why NOW and WHO LEAKED THE STORY to him???!!! I'm sure this is some internecine warfare from opposing groups (the dollar group v the old europe/gold group) that has just been upped the ante...

I'm on ignore (praise be to God) so Jim won't get to read this, but this thread exposes Fisk and Pilger to some informed scutiny. Fisk especially supports the 911 fairy tale...

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/forum/index.p...20&start=20

You lucky ,lucky bast*** why do you get the ignore button from not so nice jim and not me he trolled me on the IS--RA--EL thread and is still going i really thought he was'nt able to read so had to ask the question.To be honest i had hoped he had followed his own old avatar's advice and JUMPED WHITH THOSE OTHER FU**ERS,but not so lucky it seems.I hope this has done enough to get me the ignore button,if there is a god up there answer my prayer.

THE SCORES ON THE DOORS

SITTING BULLS 1

MUSICAL CHAIR GAMBLERS 0

Gold ends at record close as dollar slumps

By Nick Godt NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Gold finished at a new record closing level on Tuesday, after earlier hitting a

record intra-day high of $1,045 an ounce, as the dollar slumped on a report suggesting the end of dollar-based oil trading

and Australia hiked interest rates. Gold for December delivery gained $21.90, or 2.2%, to end at $1,039.70 an ounce, a

new record closing level. It earlier reached a high of $1,045.0 an ounce, topping the previous record of $1,033.90 in March 2008.

Bloodbath Coming in the US Banking Sector

Another reason the market rallied in New York today was a bullish call on the banking sector by a Goldman Sachs analyst.

Here is a somewhat different analysis of the situation by Chris Whalen of Institutional Risk Analytics. Chis believes that he sees strong evidence that "the fourth quarter in the banking industry is going to be a bloodbath."

Even if Goldman is wrong, and lots of investors take their advice and get hurt buying into banking stocks before an approaching "bloodbath," they seem to have it covered, at least for themselves, with plenty of derivatives delivering hefty profits into their own pockets should those banks fail.

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2009/10/

bloodbath-coming-in-us-banking-sector.html

Amazing really Goldman says buy big banks, nothing like talking your own book :lol: