The poll was posted in the main forum and I voted. An hour or so later it was moved to the metals subforum where hardly anybody would see it.

I was tempted to post at the time to point out the discrepancy of a poll specifically concerning the main forum being in a quiet subforum, but couldn't be bothered.

It would have been pointless. I was never rude and indeed sometimes attempted to mediate reconciliation in spite of my being a relative newbie over there.

Their loss, if you ask me. I think it's better for us here and I'm much happier, especially now that DrBubb has said he's okay with it. And like GF said, hpc as a topic is history, it's just a matter now of watching the train career over the cliff.

I feel quite happy about my 2 bans at HPC and being able to tell oldfart and smelly and their ilk what Nazi bar stewards they are. They willy nilly erased many hundreds of responses to many hundreds of threads.

F 451.

Pure scum.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Pro chat. Skype chat with a fund manager,

About Gold prices, and Junior miners (CDNX)

:: http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=2938

hmmm

interesting reply on that thread from The Matador

if one had shorted Bear Stearns when he (and maybe cgnao) called it

well

you would be fer&&&g rich!!!!

Mar 10 2008, 06:43 PM

Post #119

HPC Poster

Group: New Members

Member No.: 7,121

Bull or Bear? Bear

QUOTE (The Matador @ Mar 7 2008, 10:53 AM)

We could try a "cygno experiment" to replicate the Great Man's technique.

I have just received by telephone/telepathy/astral project/holographic message from Princess Leia, a very worrying piece of news.

In a few days I'll tell you what its is (since we are getting bad news on a daily basis, all I should need to do is scan the news blog for a likely story and hey presto! I look like I've got insider knowledge).

Let's see how it pans out.

I can now reveal the nature of the communication I received on March 7th. Bear Stearns are rumoured to be insolvent due to a lack of access to capital.

Link

Aren't you all now amazed that I could predict this event. I told you on the 7th that I had news of great importance and here it is.

My predictive abilities and insider contacts have served me well again.

hmmmm

gold 1000

silver 20

the money managers, who are ALL numerologists at heart, sure are trying to kepp the RATIO at 50

Goldfinger predicted silver at 25-30 at gold 1000?? Or was it at 1050? At any rate the charts looked good!!! :P :P :P

what do you say GF?

Silver is a far smaller market to manage, I can sense that is why we still have the 50 ratio...

:P Beat me to it, I was about to post that pic.

It helps being in this timezone :P:lol:

Now this comment from Trader Dan Norcini shows that right about now must be one of those "buy on the dips caused by manipulation" times.

As they say, profit from the cartel and buy on the forced dips :P

http://www.jsmineset.com/cwsimages/Miscfil...8_hour_gold.pdf

Under the technical trading law called "I Get Knocked Down But I Get Up Again", who's going to bet it's going to shoot up even higher very soon ?

It helps being in this timezone :P:P

Now this comment from Trader Dan Norcini shows that right about now must be one of those "buy on the dips caused by manipulation" times.

As they say, profit from the cartel and buy on the forced dips :P

http://www.jsmineset.com/cwsimages/Miscfil...8_hour_gold.pdf

Under the technical trading law called "I Get Knocked Down But I Get Up Again", who's going to bet it's going to shoot up even higher very soon ?

Trouble is, the PPT/Cartel do not always move in a linear fashion - sometimes they go ballistic with their smackdowns, sometimes they do not make an apperaance. I've given up a long time ago trying to figure out the counter-intuitive market dynamics in gold. I read MIDAS (GATA) ever day after the market action, and he is the bomb trader - and he can't figure it out. The only ones who know WTF is going down work for G Sax/FED/BOE imo.

Trouble is, the PPT/Cartel do not always move in a linear fashion - sometimes they go ballistic with their smackdowns, sometimes they do not make an apperaance. I've given up a long time ago trying to figure out the counter-intuitive market dynamics in gold. I read MIDAS (GATA) ever day after the market action, and he is the bomb trader - and he can't figure it out. The only ones who know WTF is going down work for G Sax/FED/BOE imo.

Counter-intuitive is exactly it. I don't mind admitting that the movement of commodities yesterday completely stunned me. What kind of twisted market can produce a commodity sell-off and a DOW rise on the same day under current market conditions is beyond me. Everything is linked to deflation or inflation prospects at the moment, there is no growth story without the inflation the Fed offers.

If the markets are thinking 'recession for sure' then logically the DOW should have fallen along with commodities. If they were thinking 'the Fed will save us' then commodities should have risen along with the DOW.

I simply can't understand the mindset of the western markets. I can only think that their arrogance prevents them from seeing the true picture. If they can't or won't change, then it won't be long before their relevance and power on the global stage fades. I see no shortage of realism coming from the east and, ultimately, I'm sure their more grounded assesment of the situation will leave them far wealthier than our blinkered investment communities.

Anyway, time to fit the rubber underpants for another volatile day. :P

I simply can't understand the mindset of the western markets. I can only think that their arrogance prevents them from seeing the true picture. If they can't or won't change, then it won't be long before their relevance and power on the global stage fades. I see no shortage of realism coming from the east and, ultimately, I'm sure their more grounded assesment of the situation will leave them far wealthier than our blinkered investment communities.

Anyway, time to fit the rubber underpants for another volatile day. :P

Here's how two Pro Traders try to unravel the puzzle of the day's moves:

Pro chat. Skype chat with a fund manager,

About Gold prices, and Junior miners (CDNX)

:: http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=2938

................ and considering that tomorrow Bush, Paulson, Bernanke, and the rest of the PPT are due to meet to discuss the crisis, I have come to the following conclusion: We're FREAKIN DOOMED...........

Physical gold and silver seems like the only logical way to go now.

Second post .

If banks start to go under and there is wildspread panic, why will gold be a safe haven?

First post.

Can you tell me what rule 48 is?

If I knew how to post a link to todays SCMP I would ask what you thought of Jake Vanderkamps article.

From CNBC 22 Jan 2008:

This morning the NYSE has invoked Rule 48, a rarely-used rule that allows the NYSE to suspend the requirement to disseminate price indications at the open. This makes it easier and faster to open stocks.

This was only approved by the SEC on December 6, and was only used once--on December 12, 2007. The rule suspends the requirement to disseminate price indications at the open. This makes it easier and faster to open stocks.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/22781946

And welcome to the site, starterpack. :P

Second post .

If banks start to go under and there is wildspread panic, why will gold be a safe haven?

Real gold is real money with no counterparty risk (it's not a promise to pay, unlike paper).

It's global and can be bought and sold almost everywhere.

Its value can't be inflated away willy-nilly by the banksters, as you have to mine it and annual production is only about 2% of the existing mined quantity.

It's the ultimate form of payment, as Greenspan said when he was Chairman of the FED.

Therefore, it's the ultimate money and store of value.

Or, rather, it is the ultimate store of value...

when all the other "stores of value" are not working - apart from guns & ammnuition, of course

If I knew how to post a link to todays SCMP I would ask what you thought of Jake Vanderkamps article.

If you want to post a link, copy the URL of the link from the address bar. Then when you are typing your message press the little icon with a green + sign, above the box where you type the message.

A window pops up. Paste in the URL and click OK. Then it wants a name which will appear as the name of the link in your message. I usually just paste in the URL if it isn't too long. Or else you can type a name. Then click OK and it's done.

Is SCMP South China Morning Post? This is the business section, which article is it?

http://www.scmp.com/portal/site/SCMP/menui...?s=idx_Business

If you want to post a link, copy the URL of the link from the address bar. Then when you are typing your message press the little icon with a green + sign, above the box where you type the message.

Is SCMP South China Morning Post?

Many thanks.

Its an article titled "Gold's return anything but precious for investors".

I like the writers style and wondered what you gold guys thought of the piece?

http://www.scmp.com/portal/site/SCMP/menui...&s=Business

I can't read the whole article as I'm not a subscriber. From this summary he sounds like a gold bear who's learnt his lesson:

Gold's return anything but precious for investors

Gold bugs whom I know tell me that I should hang my head in shame. I have said for years that buying gold is a duff thing to do and people should go for stocks instead. Big mistake. Gold is way up. Stocks are way down.

Real gold is real money with no counterparty risk (it's not a promise to pay, unlike paper).

It's global and can be bought and sold almost everywhere.

Its value can't be inflated away willy-nilly by the banksters, as you have to mine it and annual production is only about 2% of the existing mined quantity.

It's the ultimate form of payment, as Greenspan said when he was Chairman of the FED.

But, in a armegedon type scenario if people have had their paper money devalued to kingdom come then who are you going to sell the gold to? Whos currency will you accept in exchange for your gold?

Sorry I have more questions than answers.