• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Holy moly, that was the mother of all silver dumps there. I'm guessing now the pre-NY gap has been filled it will rally strongly. Would take a braver man than me to buy after that drop though.

Lehman Brothers is toast - blackened and burnt - the Fed's nightmare is about to be realized.

Down 37% pre-market.

Would take a braver man than me to buy after that drop though.

Why? You're getting a bargain if you buy right now. Saving nearly 50c/oz compared to last night's price.

I, through random luck, had a stop in that went and dumped £6k's worth at 2035. So I then bought £10k's worth back at 2025 ... now up to 2046, so happy with that. As I say, PURE random speculation - I shouldn't have had the stop in place and was quite shocked when I got the text through alerting me to the trade.

With MER and LEH collapsing this morning - it is of the utmost importance that they put the brakes on the Gold and Silver markets.

The PPT must be up bright and early this morning.

Thought it was profit-taking . . .

Why? You're getting a bargain if you buy right now. Saving nearly 50c/oz compared to last night's price.

I, through random luck, had a stop in that went and dumped £15k's worth at 2035. So I then bought £25k's worth back at 2025 ... now up to 2046, so happy with that. As I say, PURE random speculation - I shouldn't have had the stop in place and was quite shocked when I got the text through alerting me to the trade.

Actually, I did buy there. I somehow found my old cast iron balls and bought 200$ per cent at 2028. :unsure:

post-1453-1205759057_thumb.jpg

Now THAT'S what I call a smackdown.

This is horrible. I'm heavy Silver. Knew i'd need to sell it and bail into gold when the gold pricw pulled back. Only just logged into computer again and just seen Silver price.

Who thinks this will regain some ground? Or is this a big sell-off?

This is horrible. I'm heavy Silver. Knew i'd need to sell it and bail into gold when the gold pricw pulled back. Only just logged into computer again and just seen Silver price.

The market at the moment has simply moved down to fill the gap created outside NY trading hours. Personally I can't see much more downside in the current environment, especially with a rate cut looming, and would expect quite a significant bounce. I could be wrong though, so don't bet the farm on it! :unsure:

With MER and LEH collapsing this morning - it is of the utmost importance that they put the brakes on the Gold and Silver markets.

The PPT must be up bright and early this morning.

Couldn't agree more. Now that the banking system collapse becomes more evident, they need to make gold look less strong. But they seem to have a problem pushing it below $1,000. :unsure: Oh well, they will have another go at it.

Rule 48 being invoked

Putting in all the stops today

Couldn't agree more. Now that the banking system collapse becomes more evident, they need to make gold look less strong. But they seem to have a problem pushing it below $1,000. :unsure: Oh well, they will have another go at it.

In the face of all this selling gold looks so strong. Everything else has taken a severe haircut, yet gold holds above $1000, there must be a huge number of buyers out there at the moment.

As we go through the day...

Gold chart # 1 ................... : Gold chart # 2 ................... :

t24auenusoz6rf0.gif.aa0mb1.gif.

Ask yourself whether the fundamentals are still in place. If so, are you happy with the amount you have in it, or not? If yes, then keep it.

I can assure you I just 'lost' quite a bit too. But I don't care, it will go higher at some stage. I am holding physical silver, and I am very happy with it. I am planning on buying more in the form of scrap coins.

Ask yourself whether the fundamentals are still in place. If so, are you happy with the amount you have in it, or not? If yes, then keep it.

I can assure you I just 'lost' quite a bit too. But I don't care, it will go higher at some stage. I am holding physical silver, and I am very happy with it. I am planning on buying more in the form of scrap coins.

Do you like McDonald Big Macs? I do. So when I go into Mickey D's I don't run out when the are on sale - I thank them very much and buy two.

In the face of all this selling gold looks so strong. Everything else has taken a severe haircut, yet gold holds above $1000, there must be a huge number of buyers out there at the moment.

If you're a big buyer and late to this market, days like today are perfect for you. You just buy ALL when offers fall below a certain level. If I was China, I would buy UNLIMITED at a level of, say, $800. Which does not mean I wouldn't buy now as well. The better I can hide my buying, the better for my exports. They must love days like today.

Spot on . . . Gold will be right back up to $1030+ within the next 48 hours. If I was a trader/institutional investor and I'd come in this morning and seen gold up $30, I'd be taking profits too. The fundamentals are crystal clear and no amount of manipulation can hold this bull for long