Different people interpret things differently. I can not speak for Pixel8r, or anyone else. All I say is that I think that the top line in the Apx chart could be strong support if this downturn continues, as illustrated by this chart here:

goldusdpixel8r050210.png

Whether it will turn out like this, or whether this is going to be a smaller correction and we will follow more Pixel8r's projection, who knows?

I do agree that the sloping line should at the least act as very strong support, but I really don't think we are going anyway near there. As stated above I actually think that we are halfway through the current upswing, this is just the mid swing correction although we have just broken out of the escalating correction circle.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

My lines chart was pointing to the repeating pattern that there is a surge in the gold price every two years, followed by a sloping resistance line, which ounce broken acts as support. I don't see at all what you are talking about saying that there are conflicting messages within my graph. I still think we are half way through this move and still target $1350 gold/$26 silver for the end of March/early April.

Here's my latest one which was posted over at 24knews.com, if you want to keep up with what I am saying you will need to look on 24k a I don't always post here as well anymore. I have been developing my graph as I have had more time to work on it and have always posted explanations as I have done so. I really don't think I am influential as you make out though, this graph is just my thinking everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

My point is P, and one I'm sure you'd agree with is that last week when you superimposed "Pixel8r's lines" over my chart the message was very bullish... as in short term bullish... and in contradiction to my short term bearish/ consolidating chart. This is obvious by the date line [April gives a price of 1300/1400] and the bullish comments you were making before the break in bullion prices. So do you agree now that gold is in a consolidation pattern to 1000 odd? [before it renews its upwards path of course... I've always though 3 digit prices are possible again... a view which has been rubbished]. This is what I've been saying all along.... and your new "Pixel8r" chart is also saying. I think we should be big enough also to recognise other's good calls... and admit our own bad calls. Kind of like good sportsmanship

sinclair.jpg

My point is P, and one I'm sure you'd agree with is that last week when you superimposed "Pixel8r's lines" over my chart the message was very bullish... as in short term bullish... and in contradiction to my short term bearish/ consolidating chart. This is obvious by the date line [April gives a price of 1300/1400] and the bullish comments you were making before the break in bullion prices. So do you agree now that gold is in a consolidation pattern to 1000 odd? [before it renews its upwards path of course... I've always though 3 digit prices are possible again... a view which has been rubbished]. This is what I've been saying all along.... and your new "Pixel8r" chart is also saying. I think we should be big enough also to recognise other's good calls... and admit our own bad calls. Kind of like good sportsmanship

It isn't over till it's over, I have made my point clearly above. We will talk again at the end of March, I assure you I will be big enough to admit I am wrong if it turns out that way.

It isn't over till it's over, I have made my point clearly above. We will talk again at the end of March, I assure you I will be big enough to admit I am wrong if it turns out that way.

The next couple of months will be very interesting.

I think the confusion lay in two very different charts, with different messages, with the same label. It seems GF was misrepresenting your position [no doubt unintentionally] with the old "Pixel8r's lines" chart. Good to see you are still very bullish... wouldn't expect anything else.

GF, I think it might be better to put together your own chart showing support at 1000 odd. Pixel8r has moved on with "Pixel8r lines" and most are familiar to this term representing something quite different now....as Pixel8r has explained for us here.

The next couple of months will be very interesting.

I think the confusion lay in two very different charts, with different messages, with the same label. It seems GF was misrepresenting your position [no doubt unintentionally] with the old "Pixel8r's lines" chart. Good to see you are still very bullish... wouldn't expect anything else.

GF, I think it might be better to put together your own chart showing support at 1000 odd. Pixel8r has moved on with "Pixel8r lines" and most are familiar to this term representing something quite different now....as Pixel8r has explained for us here.

This entire year is going interesting.

I've run some simulations that estimate we are through to the other side of this collapse at 50/50 - something I never imagined was possible this side of 2015, there's one or two unexploded bombs lying around, and a very rough ride ahead for home owners and pensioners, plus a few rather nasty orderly wind downs, but the waters feel positively warmer.

The prospects of circa 3rd century Rome, still a very real possibility just 6 months ago, seem so unlikely now its a surprise whenever something interesting happens.

a lot of traders are going to lose a lot of money imo. I believe Reinhardt's predictions because of the things I explained previously, incorporating all sorts of info/data/rumours/clues. He posted this after the 4th but the susbscribers to his site will have be forewarned imo.

Sorry, don't know where else to post this.

Actor16-Feb.-05-13.25.jpg

the important word you used there was 'delayed' but you didn't highlight the rest of that line in commodities.

I think this super spike in certain commodities will definetly happen. We are already seeing a spike (note not 'super') in a lot of commodities generally across the board aren't we ?

but yes, you are right as in 'we shall see'.....

i know

This entire year is going interesting.

I've run some simulations that estimate we are through to the other side of this collapse at 50/50 - something I never imagined was possible this side of 2015, there's one or two unexploded bombs lying around, and a very rough ride ahead for home owners and pensioners, plus a few rather nasty orderly wind downs, but the waters feel positively warmer.

The prospects of circa 3rd century Rome, still a very real possibility just 6 months ago, seem so unlikely now its a surprise whenever something interesting happens.

Eh? Nothing has been fixed or solved. All the problems we had in 2007 are still present. Indeed, the situation has been made worse.

I see it getting steadily worse from here on in - leading to a swift and total collapse at some point when the music stops completely. It will be sudden and brutal. I give it 5 years max.

I don't think I need to use the old Mises quote again ...

a lot of traders are going to lose a lot of money imo. I believe Reinhardt's predictions because of the things I explained previously, incorporating all sorts of info/data/rumours/clues. He posted this after the 4th but the susbscribers to his site will have be forewarned imo.

Does he specify what he classes as "risky holdings"?

Does he specify what he classes as "risky holdings"?

iirc, about a month or so ago he said to basically get out of everything (I kid you not). He phrased it something like "I am a very experienced trader, but even I don't know what to trade for a while, so I am out for now". I think there were a couple of pharms etc he said to trade & poss some miners, but not actual company names because you only get access to them (or better cryptic clues anyway) once you are fully paid up. He did once give 'George Glass' a complimentary sub after an Enron comp was won, but Glass fooked up iirc because he shared too much with the public boards so 'R' cut him off. I remember reading Glass's posts.

'R' is a big physical metals trader also I believe, silver & gold. I only ever sent him 1 email, he did reply though within a couple of days but not on a trading matter.

this guy IS the real deal, cgnao level imo. I have been following his site daily for 2 years now (& ALL the sites that discuss him)......& I mean every day I read his site(& the others), & every now & again he posts his links to some very indepth analysis & cryptic musings on history past & history not yet written.

I intend to start trading but not yet because the time is not right for me, nor is my level of understanding. Also this current super bear market (or what it will be shortly) will be no place to trade apart from the very, very experienced & connected imo.

timing is everything.

iirc, about a month or so ago he said to basically get out of everything (I kid you not). He phrased it something like "I am a very experienced trader, but even I don't know what to trade for a while, so I am out for now".

Thanks. By getting out of everything I suppose he means staying in cash which is being in something. :P

Is he American? and I suppose his cash would be USD?

I think the confusion lay in two very different charts, with different messages, with the same label.

Some truth in that.

It seems GF was misrepresenting your position [no doubt unintentionally] with the old "Pixel8r's lines" chart.

No, I never implied that I'd speak on behalf of Pixel8r.

Hmm, I consider Pixel8r's lines as the 3 'original' lines, and I would like to continue to use that term even if Pixel has meanwhile added more lines to it.

Thanks. By getting out of everything I suppose he means staying in cash which is being in something. :P

Is he American? and I suppose his cash would be USD?

I wouldn't think he would have much in pesodollars tbh, probably just survival money. You don't get to that level & hold dollars or fiat in the current climate. :lol:

As I stated on my last post, he is a big physical metals holder I believe.

Maybe this is of interest to some, I have mentioned some of this before.

Not only on the line price charts, but also on the scatter plots gaps sometimes get filled. However, as also in the other case, not at all in all cases. Still the following is possibly interesting - I point out a few major gaps in gold related scatter plots.

Gap-filling, with gold having made all-time highs not long ago, would of course be short-term bearish for gold. The more bearish gaps could mean price couples like:

Dow:gold = 10,000:750

gold:silver = 750:12

gold:EUR = 750:1.2

NOTE: I am not saying that any of this will happen, neither will I sell anything, nor will I attempt to trade at all. I am just pointing out these gaps. They could get filled, but they very well couldn't. If they got filled, I would consider them as excellent buying points.

djiagoldscatterlogguessj.png

goldsilverscatterloggue.png

goldeurscatterlogguess0.png

following on from Legatus ;)B)

'R' posted a picture of the DJIA insinuating that it would crash in Feb ( he posted a relevant picture at the time, I remember it well), well today he is pointing towards this line from a link on his site:

the advice is: "wise investors would focus attention.. to/on 1937

(check out 1866 as well)"

"1937: 10/03/1937 (March 10 1937) Start of 2nd worst market crash of 20th century; Starting DJIA: 194.40; Ending DJIA: 98.95; Total loss: 49.1%; Total days: 386

1866: 05/1866 (April 1866) Market Crash (England, Italy) Suspension of Bank, Italy abandoned fixed parity"

this has been a looooong time coming imo & will show the stock market for what it is, its been running on lies for months now, pure lies.

TPTB in the US & UK (Europe as well) have been using QE funny money to buy stocks'n'shares using the coporates to buy their own stuff (no links provided just experience, common sense & a whooooole lot of reading ;) ) hence pumping the markets up & suckering back in.

following on from Legatus ;)B)

'R' posted a picture of the DJIA insinuating that it would crash in Feb ( he posted a relevant picture at the time, I remember it well), well today he is pointing towards this line from a link on his site:

the advice is: "wise investors would focus attention.. to/on 1937

(check out 1866 as well)"

"1937: 10/03/1937 (March 10 1937) Start of 2nd worst market crash of 20th century; Starting DJIA: 194.40; Ending DJIA: 98.95; Total loss: 49.1%; Total days: 386

1866: 05/1866 (April 1866) Market Crash (England, Italy) Suspension of Bank, Italy abandoned fixed parity"

this has been a looooong time coming imo & will show the stock market for what it is, its been running on lies for months now, pure lies.

TPTB in the US & UK (Europe as well) have been using QE funny money to buy stocks'n'shares using the the coporates to buy there own stuff (no links provided just experience, common sense & a whooooole lot of reading ;) ) hence pumping the markets up & suckering back in.

GOM

It may well be the case that the stock markets crash, if not next week then some time later this year.

But that doesn't equate, in my mind, to a necessary rise in the P o G.

The strange thing is, the more I read of your posts (and the posts of other gold-bugs) the less inclined I am to invest in gold. I am constantly reminded, by you and your ilk, of tulip mania and lift-boys!

Meanwhile, I've got a pair of shoes that need shining.......

GOM

It may well be the case that the stock markets crash, if not next week then some time later this year.

But that doesn't equate, in my mind, to a necessary rise in the P o G.

The strange thing is, the more I read of your posts (and the posts of other gold-bugs) the less inclined I am to invest in gold. I am constantly reminded, by you and your ilk, of tulip mania and lift-boys!

Meanwhile, I've got a pair of shoes that need shining.......

If you look at Jim Sinclair's site with its pictures of dogs with cheesy captions, you might be put off what Sinclair has to say - I expect some are but you have to swallow your prejudice and decide if what he says is credible or not.

If you have found the attitude of some of the pro-gold posters here to be unpleasant and use this as a guide to preserving (or not) your wealth, you may come to the wrong conclusion as to what you should do. Look at the numbers, look at the debt, look at the wealth production of the UK vs its consumption - look at the facts to guide your decisions!

If you look at Jim Sinclair's site with its pictures of dogs with cheesy captions, you might be put off what Sinclair has to say - I expect some are but you have to swallow your prejudice and decide if what he says is credible or not.

If you have found the attitude of some of the pro-gold posters here to be unpleasant and use this as a guide to preserving (or not) your wealth, you may come to the wrong conclusion as to what you should do. Look at the numbers, look at the debt, look at the wealth production of the UK vs its consumption - look at the facts to guide your decisions!

No, I don't find the posts of those who are pro-gold unpleasant - at least, not in the main.

The thing is, I'm not prejudiced against gold per se; in fact, I am very open towards the idea of holding gold and even more so of holding silver.

But I find myself very put off by the "lift-boy" mentality that now prevails. What with gold-bugs and ads on tv and Ebay and the rest, I'm inclined to believe that we've got to the blow-off phase of a bubble.

Hence my refs to lift-boys and shoe-shine boys.

... I'm inclined to believe that we've got to the blow-off phase of a bubble. ...

Can't believe I have to do this over and over again. OK, show me the bubble (and don't point to 1980, I know that there was a bubble there).

http://gold.approximity.com/since1959/Gold...rium_Price.html

Gold_Price_to_MZM_Equilibrium_Price.png