Can't see some graphs and avatars

Hello,

Not really sure where I should be asking this question so I'll give it a go here....

I am unable to see some graphs posted on the website and some avatars, instead I see a small red cross. I have moved recently so is this due to increased internet security at the firm I work or can I change a setting on my browser?

Thanks in advance!

Try clearing your browser cache. That often cures problems like that.

Or of course it could be the forum server is too slow.

Still OK for me though.

Thanks but hasn't worked, I'll get one of those clever IT types over, obviously counts as important work business....

WE need new hosting... we are overwhelming the old one.

Suggestions are welcome

I don't know whether it's suitable, but I've always found these guys to be very good.

Exemplary service.

http://www.newwebsite.com/

(an no I'm not connected with them, except as a customer :D )

I'm looking for something cheap enough, that the modest advertising revenues here will pay for thr hosting

and some modest admin. I wonder if anyone would take that on?

My idea is to avoid subsidising GEI from my own pocket

I'm looking for soemthing cehap enough, taht teh modest advertising revenues here will pay for thr hosting

and some modest admin. I wonder if anyone woyuld take that on?

My idea is to avoid subsidising GEI from my own pocket

Hi Bubb

I run some small websites off www.hostgator.com, but the websites are tiny and will have nothing like the usage of GEI I imagine. One benefit is that if you have multiple domains, you can host them all off the same account with no extra cost.

Otherwise www.one.com is also very cheap, although I have no experience of using them.

Hello,

Not really sure where I should be asking this question so I'll give it a go here....

I am unable to see some graphs posted on the website and some avatars, instead I see a small red cross. I have moved recently so is this due to increased internet security at the firm I work or can I change a setting on my browser?

Thanks in advance!

If you are surfing at work the company firewall/security software might be set to stop certain type of images from downloading, so changing the browser settings or clearing the cache will not work if that is the case.

If you are surfing at work the company firewall/security software might be set to stop certain type of images from downloading, so changing the browser settings or clearing the cache will not work if that is the case.

I think you are on the money, sat at home, and everything is dandy. Might have to stay at home more, might not be the one making that choice.... :o

cheers No6

Archived