Immediate Email Subscription to Threads

I'm subscribed to quite a few threads on an immediate email basis and because the system sends an email for each reply my inbox gets inundated with them, especially from the more popular threads. On some other bulletin boards when this option is enabled one email is sent regardless of the number of replies and further notification is not activated until you have visited the thread from the link in the email. Can this be enabled here?

Thanks

I'm subscribed to quite a few threads on an immediate email basis and because the system sends an email for each reply my inbox gets inundated with them, especially from the more popular threads. On some other bulletin boards when this option is enabled one email is sent regardless of the number of replies and further notification is not activated until you have visited the thread from the link in the email. Can this be enabled here?

Thanks

Not being a teckie, I havent a clue how to do that.

Maybe one of the other moderators can help

I've had a quick look at the system settings and there is nothing obvious that stands out to me to change this. Not saying that it can't be done, but it isn't clear from the options available. I'm sure that BP with his experience of forums would probably know straight away. Perhaps DrBubb could PM him? Alternatively, Consa or Steve Netwriter, who I believe has also run a forum may know. In fact, any member who may know the answer to this is welcome to post.

• 5 weeks later...
I've had a quick look at the system settings and there is nothing obvious that stands out to me to change this. Not saying that it can't be done, but it isn't clear from the options available. I'm sure that BP with his experience of forums would probably know straight away. Perhaps DrBubb could PM him? Alternatively, Consa or Steve Netwriter, who I believe has also run a forum may know. In fact, any member who may know the answer to this is welcome to post.

If you subscibe to many threads you will have this problem, you will need to unsubscribe to just get replies for a particular thread of interest, hope that helps :huh: I don't think there is an option to turn this off, you may want to look in here http://forums.invisionize.com/forums.html

I just use the Daily Email Digest for threads that I am particularly interested in and the Weekly option for other slower topics, but this suits the time that I have avaialble. I rarely get a chance to come on GEI more than once a day

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

I see my request has been satisfied..... from an email notification:

There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is

to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.

Well done and thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
I see my request has been satisfied..... from an email notification:

There may be more replies to this topic, but only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic. This is

to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.

Well done and thanks :)

I hate to be a pain in the "you know where" but I spoke to soon. I'm still receiving one email for each reply in every thread I'm subscribed too.

A little tweaking perhaps?

I find this facility very convenient, am I the only one using it?

• 1 month later...

I've noticed this

Subscription auto pruning is switched off at present

at the bottom right of the "current subscriptions" page accessed by My Controls/view topics (under Subscriptions in the left Menu navigation bar). Would switching this on do the trick?

"Subscribe to this forum - will allow you to receive e-mail updates for any new topics posted in the forum, see the Notification of new messages' help file for more information on this"

Email Notification of new messages

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....DE=01&HID=5

Email setting:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....rCP&CODE=02

Hmmmm.

Hi Steve, I searched the invision forum using the link provided by consa above and some guy on their had asked the same question back in 2007 http://forums.invisionize.com/index.php?sh...o+pruning\ but unfortunately no one replied. I was going to join up and give it a bump but I'm off to bed now so may try tomorrow if you don't come with anything. I've started to use "view new posts" just recently which is a great facilty to avoid missing anything (nosey by nature :) ) but I find the instant email notifications useful if there is a pressing matter which I need some input from the community or I don't want to miss a rocket on the G I & T thread etc. :lol:

Anyway, thanks for your efforts.

Archived