NEOwave Warnings - from Glenn Nealy

"The presence of these unpredictable natural phenomena, single-handedly rubbishes the workability of Elliot Wave theory. The poor record of Elliot Wave predictions does further damage. Respected randomness practitioners, mathematicians and Harvard professors alike have proven that it has no value." (Flashman)

===== Quote: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/newsblog/...ounce-22461.php

Flashie is an idiot. I think he must good at "throwing away babies with bathwater"!

EWI's record is "mixed", but it sometimes makes incredible calls. To me, it has value, and I pay attention to their forecasts - and Neely has made better calls that EWI's Prechter.

One of GEI's posters, is off on a one year Round-the-World trip, courtesy of his trading profits in 2008, using EWI's trading signals.

1237707850033821200.jpg

Neely's method is more complex, and I am still learning about it. I plan to buy his book and study it over time. (Maybe I can even try to get him to join a future GEI conference call someday.)

An even more powerful combination might be to use Elliottwave in conjuction with Volume-driven signals, and astrology, as "pattern recognition expert" Larry Pesavento seems to be doing.

I have been making a decent living using various technical trading methods alongside my own brand of fundamental analysis. I could tell you about the details of what I have done, but it might sound too much like bragging. And I would have to leave off a rather bad year in 2008, when I failed to act on some signals that I was getting, and stayed with a large Junior portfolio, and wound up riding it down through a very nasty correction in Junior mining stocks. A nice overall gain, but with a confidence-hurting "major drawdown" in 2008.

As I see it: After 5-6 years of big annual profits, the Loss I made in 2008 are more of a comment on my own lack of trading discipline, than they are of failures in Elliott wave analysis or my other technical trading techniques.

I do hope to show people that these tools can help produce outsized returns on a consistent basis. How are the following real-life statistics as a demonstration of what can be done:

My "DB Portfolio" was started on the day of my Call of "the Bottom" on a GE Conference call that you can go back and listen to. It has showed:

Some decent outperfomance of the rising SPX index. My 34.2% beats the index by 21.6% !

The current high cash levels (55%) I'm holding may help, if we see a brief pullback now, as I expect.

HISTORICAL TRACK RECORD

===================

Date==== Portfolio Value / Cash held & (Pct.) / + Change / SPX cls. / + chg. / Outpf

======= : ========= : ============== : ====== : ===== : ===== : =====

05.Mar.09 : ..$ 237,301 .. : ..$ 000,000 (00.0%) + 00.0 % : 682.55 :

13.Mar.09 : ..$ 295,179 .. : ..$ 011,464 (03.9%) + 24.4 % : 756.55 : + 10.8 % : + 13.6 %

17.Mar.09 : ..$ 307,459 .. : ..$ 049,314 (16.0%) + 29.6 % : 778.12 : + 14.0 % : + 15.6 %

20.Mar.09 : ..$ 318,434 .. : ..$ 177,329 (55.7%) + 34.2 % : 768.54 : + 12.6 % : + 21.6 %

Updated details, see thread in : GEI Member's section

Brief. But if I can keep returns like that going, surely it demonstrates something good!

(note: the above was posted on GEI's Neowave Warnings thread )

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... I could tell you about the details of what I have done, but it might sound too much like bragging.

Many people on this site including myself would consider this as invaluable learning possibility rather than your bragging. So please do tell us!

As far as the trading discipline is concerned, I would appreciate if you could outline the major rules that one must follow including those rules that you broke last year.

Many thanks, as always.

• 1 month later...
Just got this email:

NEoWave Public Notice: BULL TRAP in Progress

In January of 2008, I proclaimed "The Bull Market is Over." Few believed, but 16 months later, it is obvious that call was right on target. In the next few weeks, the S&P is likely to SOAR upward, convincing most the Bear market is over. Oh how I wish that were true. NEoWave structure (an advanced, logical form of Elliott Wave) tells us something very different. What it indicates is almost impossible to believe and will shock nearly everyone, causing most to jump back into the market at exactly the wrong time.

This will be the last, great trading opportunity of this decade (and maybe the next), so you do not want to miss it. The NEoWave S&P TRADING service not only caught nearly every major move in the S&P during 2008, but as recently as this month it was rated by TIMER DIGEST to be in the TOP 3 most profitable in all 3 categories (last 3 months, 6 months and 12 months). Preparation is key to surviving the coming turbulence. If you are not already a subscriber, get your NEoWave S&P Trading service now (click link below) so you can fully prepare for what's coming.

http://www.neowave.com/product-trading-service.asp

Good luck,

Glenn Neely / NEoWave, Inc.

Thanks, for the tip.

I wonder if we may be seeing the Turn, or at least a good sized correction starting today?

Thanks, for the tip.

I wonder if we may be seeing the Turn, or at least a good sized correction starting today?

Hopefully, have moved stops down to below yesterday's high so its just wait and see time now.

Given the content of Neely's email, it looks like he is looking for a turn down anytime soon as well. However, from reading between the lines i guess he probably thinks this turn down will take us to new lows, whereas conventional elliott wave analysis suggests we are probably only due a 'B' wave down before another leg up to new recovery highs before the market then embarks on its next big leg down to new lows.

• 1 month later...

NEoWave Warns Stock Market Has Peaked for 2009 ... Neowave's chart

NEoWave Institute's Glenn Neely is forecasting the largest vertical drop of the decade for the S&P 500. Neely predicts the stock market will decline 50% in the next 6 months.

Technically speaking, according to NEoWave a correction began at last October's low; the March-June rally is the final leg of that correction

The March-June rally is now ending, allowing the bear market to resume. During the next six months, the S&P will decline 50% or more, breaking well below 500!

Aliso Viejo, CA (PRWEB) June 16, 2009 -- Glenn Neely, founder of NEoWave Institute and prominent Elliott Wave analyst, today announces a startling prediction: The S&P 500 is forming a major top in June, which will be followed by a large decline, eventually pushing the stock market to record lows for the decade.

"Technically speaking, according to NEoWave a correction began at last October's low; the March-June rally is the final leg of that correction," Neely explains. "The March-June rally is now ending, allowing the bear market to resume. During the next six months, the S&P will decline 50% or more, breaking well below 500!" Currently, the S&P is hovering around 917.

Glenn Neely is providing this information not as a specific trade recommendation but as a general public service announcement. A prominent Elliott Wave analyst, Neely was recently recognized in Timer Digest's May issue as the #1 stock market timer for the past 12 months.

For those who want detailed trading strategies and insight, Neely provides specific recommendations to subscribers of the NEoWave Trading Service

/see: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/06/prweb2537224.htm

Gold looks bearish too

Gold / GLD ... update : other MAs-21/76/252

1245492047015097700.gif

Neowaver's chart, this is from the AllAlan Blog - he uses Neowaves

1245494376097007800.png

/more: http://allallan.blogspot.com/

Neely and Robert Prechter are almost always joined at the hip by media-derived reviews of current Elliott Wave theorists. Therein lies the rub, for Neely to be relegated to just another Elliott Wave interpretation misses an entire body of work and analysis that this man has generated over the past thirty years. If one were to look at his work, derived in part from his book, Mastering Elliott Wave, but more importantly from his published commentaries to his subscribers, it becomes readily apparent that there is a whole lot more to this analysis then numbers and letters on a chart.

From the opening paragraph of his book, you know that there is something different going on here:

From an Elliott Wave perspective, the plotted price activity of a market is the graphical representation of crowd psychology. The Wave Theory describes how local plotted data relates to surrounding data, how data should behave under a multitude of circumstances, when and how psychological trends begin and end, how one psychological environment mandates the unfolding of another and what general shape the price action should exhibig upon completion. In other words, the Elliott Wave Theory organizes the semingly random flow of market price action into identifiable, predictable patterns on the natural progression of crowd psychology.

All Allan's comment of Neely's "50% Down" prediction

"Technically speaking, according to NEoWave a correction began at last October's low; the March-June rally is the final leg of that correction," Neely explains. "The March-June rally is now ending, allowing the bear market to resume. During the next six months, the S&P will decline 50% or more, breaking well below 500!" Currently, the S&P is hovering around 917.

Glenn Neely is providing this information not as a specific trade recommendation but as a general public service announcement. A prominent Elliott Wave analyst, Neely was recently recognized in Timer Digest's May issue as the #1 stock market timer for the past 12 months.

/full release: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/06/prweb2537224.htm

= = =

Allan said...

Derek - Neely has his own version of pattern recognition analysis that shares only partial similarities with orthodox EW. It is complex and way too complicated to take on here, but is well worth your independent study. Glenn made a rare public statement today, I am respecting the enormity of its implications.

I can draw a chart (for SPX) showing an important high may have formed

SPX (S&P 500) ... update-10yr-Weekly

1245498484061295200.gif

This chart seems to fit in with the Neowave interpretation

All Allan's comment of Neely's "50% Down" prediction

/full release: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/06/prweb2537224.htm

= = =

Allan said...

Derek - Neely has his own version of pattern recognition analysis that shares only partial similarities with orthodox EW. It is complex and way too complicated to take on here, but is well worth your independent study. Glenn made a rare public statement today, I am respecting the enormity of its implications.

WOW!! Any news on GOLD and SILVER?

• 1 month later...

YELNICK MENTIONS NEOWAVE COUNT, may be changing

Monday, July 20, 2009

The Problem With Breaking the June 11 High

There is a lot of commentary on the prior few posts about Neely having to change his count if the Jun11 high is exceeded. Here is what he had to say about it this morning (emphasis added):

It’s amazing the number of emails I’ve received lately trying to talk me out of my bearish scenario or asking what it means if June’s high is exceeded (which means they think I’m wrong). That alone favors my preferred scenario, but a move above June’s high is not a good thing, it’s a horrible thing. It means the bear market will last for years and economic conditions will get much worse than originally thought.

This would put him in more alignment with Prechter's view, of a bottom in 2014 (+/- a year or so, with 2012 at the earliest); or if the government continues to intervene like FDR did in the '30s, this might stretch even longer, to 2017 - 2020. Currently Neely expects a rapid drop to the long term bottom, maybe as early as Jan 2010 (six months!).

As an historical note, the last three deflationary depressions that followed a credit bubble all ended their first phase down in around 3 - 4 years: 1837-1841, 1873-1875, 1929-1932. Hence 2007- 2010/11 would have been consistent. This reflects the rapidity which a market can adapt to changing realities. A lot of ink has been spilled over why the 1930s lasted so long; but it was clear that by the time FDR took over in 1933 a recovery was in progress, and a quite strong one (given how far we had fallen). The policy question is why we went back down.

Keynesians such as Krugman continue to argue that we did not stimulate enough, and that while FDR caused the recovery due to deficits, an attempt to go back to normal in 1937 (due to the apparent recovery) by lowering the deficit sent us back down. This argument is relatively easy to disprove, since the last two Hoover budgets (FY32 and 33) got us to around a 5% deficit per year, and FDR's first three budgets continued at around that level. In what respect were Hoover's stimulus insufficient and FDR's heroic? And even in 1937 spending continued to go up, albeit at a lower pace. More likely something else was going on, and a recent UCLA study found it in the ill-guided attempts by both Hoover and FDR to keep wages and prices high in the face of deflation. This prevented the market from clearing; high wages kept unemployment high, and high prices kept capacity underutilized. In any event, the record of massive stimulus is that it does not work and may deepen the problem if done poorly; just look at Japan twenty years after their credit collapse in 1989.

Monetarists such as Bernanke continue to argue that the Fed failed to provided sufficient liquidity. This comes out of Milton Friedman's trenchant work that blamed the prolonged and deep fall in the '30s on failures of the Fed. Yet in the heart of the recent crisis, Friedman's co-author criticized the policy reaction as fighting the wrong war: the problem back then may have been liquidity, but the problem today is bank insolvency. Liquidity helps avoid bank runs; but does not repair insolvency, which is due to overleverage and bad loans. At 30:1 leverage, a mere 3.3% of bad loans means you go insolvent. In this case, as asset values collapsed (real estate in particular), banks found they had insufficient collateral for their loans.

The problem is much worse in Europe than here: while our bank assets (loans) are around 2:1 of GDP, according to John Mauldin it is 4:1 in the Eurozone, 5:1 in the UK and an incredible 7:1 in Switzerland. We clucked at the "zombie banks" in Japan after their 1989 collapse, and yet have left our money center banks in the land of the living dead.

Yves popped over some thoughts which he might prepare in a guestblog later this week. He notes that markets outside the US are not confirming this rally, nor are currency or bond markets.

Regardless, if we break the SP956 pivot point, look for an enthusiastic piling on and a sharp rally. We almost hit it today. Potential turn dates for a summer peak center around the second week of August, after the coming lunar eclipse in the first week of August that follows an Asian solar eclipse this week.

/more: http://yelnick.typepad.com/yelnick/

Neely's June forecast: http://yelnick.typepad.com/yelnick/2009/06...115703c00d8970c

• 2 weeks later...

Mastering Elliott Wave by Glenn Neely — Free Download

5th March 2008, 07:48 pm

Mastering Elliott Wave is, as its author claims, the first scientific, objective approach to market forecasting with Elliott Wave Theory. It’s really quite an impressive descriptive and research book that starts off with the most basic concepts of trading with Elliott Waves and finishes with a very complex and sometimes difficult to understand details that would interesting only to extremely advanced financial trader. Nevertheless Glenn Neely and Eric Hall (second author of this book) have done a lot for the popularization and explanation of the Elliott Wave Theory in trading with this piece of literature. In 1990 personal computers couldn’t perform fast technical analysis as they can now, so the book now contains a lot of math calculations that can be easily transferred to the custom automated indicators, but it’s still crucial to learn the inner mechanics of the Elliott Waves and that can be done by reading Mastering Elliott Wave.

Download Mastering Elliott Wave by Glenn Neely.

Password: http://www.forex-book.org

Interesting posts about Forex trading and the most recent currency news can be found on the Forex blog that is used by the author to share his Forex experience.

/see: http://www.forex-book.org/mastering-elliot...-free-download/

All Forex books are archived in RAR format — you’ll need WinRAR to extract them. Some Forex books are in PDF format — you’ll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read them. Other Forex books are in DJVU format — you’ll need WinDjView to read those.

Interesting. I can feel the tone is changing, it would seem bad news is bad news again, if you know what I mean. The 2nd week in August feels a little early though. Personally I think by mid October all will be clear.

YELNICK MENTIONS NEOWAVE COUNT, may be changing

Monday, July 20, 2009

The Problem With Breaking the June 11 High

There is a lot of commentary on the prior few posts about Neely having to change his count if the Jun11 high is exceeded. Here is what he had to say about it this morning (emphasis added):

It's amazing the number of emails I've received lately trying to talk me out of my bearish scenario or asking what it means if June's high is exceeded (which means they think I'm wrong). That alone favors my preferred scenario, but a move above June's high is not a good thing, it's a horrible thing. It means the bear market will last for years and economic conditions will get much worse than originally thought.

This would put him in more alignment with Prechter's view, of a bottom in 2014 (+/- a year or so, with 2012 at the earliest); or if the government continues to intervene like FDR did in the '30s, this might stretch even longer, to 2017 - 2020. Currently Neely expects a rapid drop to the long term bottom, maybe as early as Jan 2010 (six months!).

As an historical note, the last three deflationary depressions that followed a credit bubble all ended their first phase down in around 3 - 4 years: 1837-1841, 1873-1875, 1929-1932. Hence 2007- 2010/11 would have been consistent. This reflects the rapidity which a market can adapt to changing realities. A lot of ink has been spilled over why the 1930s lasted so long; but it was clear that by the time FDR took over in 1933 a recovery was in progress, and a quite strong one (given how far we had fallen). The policy question is why we went back down.

Keynesians such as Krugman continue to argue that we did not stimulate enough, and that while FDR caused the recovery due to deficits, an attempt to go back to normal in 1937 (due to the apparent recovery) by lowering the deficit sent us back down. This argument is relatively easy to disprove, since the last two Hoover budgets (FY32 and 33) got us to around a 5% deficit per year, and FDR's first three budgets continued at around that level. In what respect were Hoover's stimulus insufficient and FDR's heroic? And even in 1937 spending continued to go up, albeit at a lower pace. More likely something else was going on, and a recent UCLA study found it in the ill-guided attempts by both Hoover and FDR to keep wages and prices high in the face of deflation. This prevented the market from clearing; high wages kept unemployment high, and high prices kept capacity underutilized. In any event, the record of massive stimulus is that it does not work and may deepen the problem if done poorly; just look at Japan twenty years after their credit collapse in 1989.

Monetarists such as Bernanke continue to argue that the Fed failed to provided sufficient liquidity. This comes out of Milton Friedman's trenchant work that blamed the prolonged and deep fall in the '30s on failures of the Fed. Yet in the heart of the recent crisis, Friedman's co-author criticized the policy reaction as fighting the wrong war: the problem back then may have been liquidity, but the problem today is bank insolvency. Liquidity helps avoid bank runs; but does not repair insolvency, which is due to overleverage and bad loans. At 30:1 leverage, a mere 3.3% of bad loans means you go insolvent. In this case, as asset values collapsed (real estate in particular), banks found they had insufficient collateral for their loans.

The problem is much worse in Europe than here: while our bank assets (loans) are around 2:1 of GDP, according to John Mauldin it is 4:1 in the Eurozone, 5:1 in the UK and an incredible 7:1 in Switzerland. We clucked at the "zombie banks" in Japan after their 1989 collapse, and yet have left our money center banks in the land of the living dead.

Yves popped over some thoughts which he might prepare in a guestblog later this week. He notes that markets outside the US are not confirming this rally, nor are currency or bond markets.

Regardless, if we break the SP956 pivot point, look for an enthusiastic piling on and a sharp rally. We almost hit it today. Potential turn dates for a summer peak center around the second week of August, after the coming lunar eclipse in the first week of August that follows an Asian solar eclipse this week.

/more: http://yelnick.typepad.com/yelnick/

Neely's June forecast: http://yelnick.typepad.com/yelnick/2009/06...115703c00d8970c

Interesting. I can feel the tone is changing, it would seem bad news is bad news again, if you know what I mean. The 2nd week in August feels a little early though. Personally I think by mid October all will be clear.

Perhaps you are right.

If wrong, we may know soon.

Below is AllAllan's wave count (to Monday), and my update for Tuesday :

zzzjpc.png

His idea was:

"My trade of the week will be to go short if the SPX falls below 995".

(Tuesday's low was 996.68, so the trade was not triggered yet.)

That very last 5th.wave must be longer than he originally thought, or the count is wrong.

The "blue cone" below shows where we are now ... update : w/o cycles

zzzzg.gif

I want to remind people of Glenn Neely's forecast, and the importance of SPX-1006:

The day BEFORE the Jan.7th, 2009 top, Neely emailed this:

"NEoWave structure, unfortunately, tells me the worst is just about to begin. Within less than two months (it could be as soon as a few weeks or even less), the S&P should embark on one of its most violent, scary declines in market history. Wave structure currently suggests a 50% decline (from current levels) is possible in 1-2 months! The markets are not prepared for this; the world is not prepared for this, but we will have to deal with it. The only way this will not occur is if the cash S&P is able to exceed 1006 before breaking last year's low. If 1006 is exceeded, then the future is not clear and I will have no opinion for a while. As long as 1006 is not exceeded, the outlook is dire.

Glenn Neely and NEoWave Institute Launch Neely Investments LLC

Prominent Elliott Wave analyst Glenn Neely has formed Neely Investments LLC to manage and direct private funds globally.

Aliso Viejo, CA (PRWEB) July 10, 2009 -- Glenn Neely and NEoWave Institute have formed Neely Investments LLC to manage and direct private funds globally. A prominent Elliott Wave analyst, Neely was recognized in Timer Digest's May 2009 issue as the #1 stock market timer for the past 12 months.

Based in New York, Neely Investments is the world's first and only portfolio management firm based on core NEoWave disciplines. Glenn Neely is the founder and architect of the NEoWave method of trading and market forecasting. Over the years, he has received a significant number of inquiries from investors interested in NEoWave-based investment management. The creation of Neely Investments is the culmination of his 25-year career of successful forecasting and trading advisory services.

Neely Investments has partnered with Emerson Equity LLC, a registered investment advisor and broker dealer, to offer a series of NEoWave-based private investment funds. To receive information on NEoWave-based private investment funds, please contact Emerson Equity at:

Emerson Equity LLC

Attn: David M. Beach

245 Park Avenue, 24th Fl, New York, NY 10167

(212) 672-1863

#1 AGAIN...

NEoWave's Glenn Neely Ranked #1 Stock Market Timer by Timer Digest

In May 2009, Timer Digest recognized Glenn Neely, founder of NEoWave Institute, as the #1 S&P timer for the past 12 months. Glenn Neely's NEoWave Trading Services employ an advanced form of Elliott Wave theory.

Aliso Viejo, California (PRWEB) June 15, 2009 -- In May 2009, Timer Digest recognized Glenn Neely, founder of NEoWave Institute, as the #1 S&P timer for the past 12 months. NEoWave offers trading strategies and insights for the S&P, Euro, T-Notes, and Gold.

Glenn Neely's NEoWave Trading Services, which employ an advanced form of Elliott Wave theory, have been consistently ranked in the Top 5 most accurate by Timer Digest for more than a decade. In fact, in February 2009 Timer Digest recognized Glenn Neely's NEoWave Gold Trading service as the most accurate service - and, therefore, the most profitable service - in the United States for the previous 12 months.

About Glenn Neely and NEoWave Institute:

Glenn Neely, who is internationally regarded as the premier Elliott Wave analyst, founded the Elliott Wave Institute in 1983. In 1990, Neely published his advanced Wave analysis process in his now-classic book, Mastering Elliott Wave. In 2000, Neely changed the name of his research and advisory firm to NEoWave Institute to differentiate his scientific Wave analysis technology from orthodox, subjective Elliott Wave analysis, which is frequently nebulous, inaccurate, and constantly fluid.

What is Elliott Wave? In the early 1930s, Ralph Nelson Elliott presented his theory of market behavior, which quantifies each stage of an economic cycle into specific patterns of mass psychology. Glenn Neely has devoted more than 25 years to mastering and advancing the concepts of Wave theory. Neely refined Elliott Wave theory to make it objective, practical, and consistently accurate, producing his now-famous NEoWave technology. This precise, step-by-step assessment of market structure leads to low-risk, high-profit investing and trading. Orthodox Elliott Wave, devoid of such technology and rules, typically leaves the analyst with ambiguous interpretations, seriously flawed results, and dual-directional forecasts.

Today, decades after R.N. Elliott penned his original theory, countless investors and traders trust Neely's revolutionary, step-by-step NEoWave approach to market analysis. Devotees of NEoWave Institute and Glenn Neely are reaping the rewards of low-risk, high-profit investing. Learn more about Glenn Neely and NEoWave Institute at http://www.NEoWave.com.

/see: http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2009/6/emw2527714.htm

CHILD is Father?

Here's a Fractal trader who thinks that patterns repeat in different magnifications.

He thinks the recent market action is repeating something we saw (on a smaller scale) just a few

months earlier

A picture is worth 1,000 words, so:

Picture%201.png

If he is right, a new downturn is underway

/more: http://allallan.blogspot.com/

Henry W., whose work that is commented on the Blog:

Hank Wernicki said...

The NASDSAQ fractal has started its turn down on the weekly / yearly charts despite what happened on Friday.

Its previous high still held !

Absolute Stop is 2032

I regard Friday's action as the last chance to short the markets

#1 AGAIN...

NEoWave's Glenn Neely Ranked #1 Stock Market Timer by Timer Digest

In May 2009, Timer Digest recognized Glenn Neely, founder of NEoWave Institute, as the #1 S&P timer for the past 12 months. Glenn Neely's NEoWave Trading Services employ an advanced form of Elliott Wave theory.

Aliso Viejo, California (PRWEB) June 15, 2009 -- In May 2009, Timer Digest recognized Glenn Neely, founder of NEoWave Institute, as the #1 S&P timer for the past 12 months. NEoWave offers trading strategies and insights for the S&P, Euro, T-Notes, and Gold.

Glenn Neely's NEoWave Trading Services, which employ an advanced form of Elliott Wave theory, have been consistently ranked in the Top 5 most accurate by Timer Digest for more than a decade. In fact, in February 2009 Timer Digest recognized Glenn Neely's NEoWave Gold Trading service as the most accurate service - and, therefore, the most profitable service - in the United States for the previous 12 months.

About Glenn Neely and NEoWave Institute:

Glenn Neely, who is internationally regarded as the premier Elliott Wave analyst, founded the Elliott Wave Institute in 1983. In 1990, Neely published his advanced Wave analysis process in his now-classic book, Mastering Elliott Wave. In 2000, Neely changed the name of his research and advisory firm to NEoWave Institute to differentiate his scientific Wave analysis technology from orthodox, subjective Elliott Wave analysis, which is frequently nebulous, inaccurate, and constantly fluid.

What is Elliott Wave? In the early 1930s, Ralph Nelson Elliott presented his theory of market behavior, which quantifies each stage of an economic cycle into specific patterns of mass psychology. Glenn Neely has devoted more than 25 years to mastering and advancing the concepts of Wave theory. Neely refined Elliott Wave theory to make it objective, practical, and consistently accurate, producing his now-famous NEoWave technology. This precise, step-by-step assessment of market structure leads to low-risk, high-profit investing and trading. Orthodox Elliott Wave, devoid of such technology and rules, typically leaves the analyst with ambiguous interpretations, seriously flawed results, and dual-directional forecasts.

Today, decades after R.N. Elliott penned his original theory, countless investors and traders trust Neely's revolutionary, step-by-step NEoWave approach to market analysis. Devotees of NEoWave Institute and Glenn Neely are reaping the rewards of low-risk, high-profit investing. Learn more about Glenn Neely and NEoWave Institute at http://www.NEoWave.com.

/see: http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2009/6/emw2527714.htm

Anyone use his services/newsletters?

Sounds interesting, but from his swanky website I imagine it could be pricey....

Anyone use his services/newsletters?

Sounds interesting, but from his swanky website I imagine it could be pricey....

Do you mean Neowave.com ?

GN has an "eye for design"

(I think he might be g@y- there's something very secretive about Glenn.

That's totally his business, of course, but it might explain the website.

I do think the guy is brilliant, and you should google his podcasts, and listen to them.)

Do you mean Neowave.com ?

GN has an "eye for design"

(I think he might be g@y- there's something very secretive about Glenn.

That's totally his business, of course, but it might explain the website.

I do think the guy is brilliant, and you should google his podcasts, and listen to them.)

Ah, didn't know he did podcasts, are they available through itunes?

Ah, didn't know he did podcasts, are they available through itunes?

He was interviewed by Ike Iossiv. No where else that I am aware of.

Just like to say a big thank you to Dr B. My internet time is limited these days, but managed to catch up on a whole load of stuff by perusing this site for a couple of hours, it's invaluable. Good to see Neely and Prechter's latest thinking etc. Really interesting to see that Neely has come around to the longer bear market view - wondered when that would happen. Thanks too, to the various posters who posted links etc. Appreciated.

Just like to say a big thank you to Dr B. My internet time is limited these days, but managed to catch up on a whole load of stuff by perusing this site for a couple of hours, it's invaluable. Good to see Neely and Prechter's latest thinking etc. Really interesting to see that Neely has come around to the longer bear market view - wondered when that would happen. Thanks too, to the various posters who posted links etc. Appreciated.

DD - have you turned into a bot? :lol:

DD - have you turned into a bot? :lol:

He's traveling.

A 'round the world reward for being a bear last year

Prechter speaks:

Bob Prechter is cautious: Trouble area- 50% move is big enuff.

88% bulls very high: set-up to be fooled. wave 3 cud be quick, when it starts

(on Twitter.com/DrBubb )

He's bullish on the dollar, after only 3% Bulls. There "could be a rally of one year."

He thinks "all those dollar IOU's" could trigger the rally. Dollar strength likely to be accompanied

by tumbling stocks & gold. He sees a clear 5 wave decline in the dollar, and it is now due for an upturn.

• 2 weeks later...

NEELY's Warning of an upside spike

(1) Aug.17:

A couple of critical gaps need to be filled, both higher, over SP1K (futures, emini contract). Neely put out two emergency bulletins, one for the S&P and the other for the Euro. Both indicate he expects a surge as well, in the S&P and the USD. All in all, it looks like the Final Surge is on and a new top is ahead. If so, the market should truly surge up. No more choppy overlapping confusing moves. We shall learn more tomorrow. Maybe I can still win my bet of Dow10K by Aug31.

SPY, etf for S&P500 .. update : SPX-10day : SPX-6mos : INDU-10d : INDU-6mos

aa1h.gif

(2) Aug.21:

Final Surge!

Today was quite a surge day. The STU thinks we should see a relatively brief affair with a sharp reversal, but first it has to run. Neely told his traders to stand back until at least 50 SP pts have run up. This looks like minor wave 1 of C, which should break in five waves. If I had to paint a scenario, it would be this: a spillover up Mon am as the weekend herd jumps in, followed by profit-taking; this is minor wave 2. It should be over quickly. Then the big surge up in minor wave 3, powering through Dow9700 towards Dow10K, which it will probably not make. Then an annoying plateau in minor wave 4 testing our patience near the fable five-digit level. Then BAM! the final spurt up through 10K to the 50% retrace of Dow10330. If this happens fast enough (six trading days) I could still win my bet. Of course, this is just one of a myriad of scenarios. We will know when the final top is in: the reversal will be violent, steeper than the run up.

Source: http://yelnick.typepad.com/yelnick/