SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beep, beep, beep, beep.

(Already backing up the truck, just in case. :D )

Hang on a sec. Silverfinger well and truly backed up his truck long ago.

Don't you think you are over-stating your case here?? I imagine you are in fact backing up your brief-case in order to convert your monthly wages to metal. :lol:

Me? Just sold goooold in order to put another buy order on a leveraged silver ETF [with silver at around 30]. If it works out, imagine I'll be the first to sell once silver hits 100. There's an exit strategy for you.

Silver bear market to $16 it could be then.

I think that is extremely unlikely. Sadly the only thing that I can back up to the nearest silver warehouse is a pathetic little remote controlled car with a little carry case superglued to the top. Even if it could take a couple of kilos of silver it would probably more than likely fall over under the weight. Silver would be an absolute screaming buy at 30.70 or 31, the support from September to November last year, and that after the promise of three more years of zero interest rates.

No-shortages of silver. :P

Article is six days old and price moved beyond $33.50 ($34.26 at present)

Just a healthy challenge to the silver longs. :P

It's OK to be bearish on silver. But if you have no skin in the game, what's the point of making permanently bearish calls on silver? Surely not to just irritate those who do have skin in the game? ;)

Or if long silver and playing the devil's advocate then your posts won't be taken seriously.

FYI. Bought Ag at $8.81. Hedged profits by swapping at $49.

Original Au core position at $600 (house deposit) now $1773.

Bought and continued to buy when others were selling at less than $18 prior to the run up to $49. (Did not listen to the silver bears at time.)

Also bought Ag in 2008 prior to low at $16 and sold for profit on rebound with strong dollar/weak pound with core position doubled up at $900 now $1773.

There are always bearish/bullish views in any given market at any point in time and we are all entitled to seek out those views should any one wish to do so.

I was thinking philharmonics or maples. It was silver maples for me and unless this "correction" goes further, I may have nailed the bottom at £549 a kg. We will see.

I think I nailed the bottom to the day. Makes a change! Perhaps I should try trading....