SILVER

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like new stock has arrived. But bullion coins are now £18. [Maples/Eagle]

Are you guys seriously paying nearly 100% over spot for these coins? :blink:

(GM is nearly £9/oz at the moment, buy @£9.45)

Am I missing something?

Other coins are closer to £14. I might buy a few soon. But I have been concentrating on palladium and silver through GM recently. I would like to see lower premiums too. The COMEX simply has to catch up.

Am I missing something?

Financial meltdown? :lol:

(GM is nearly £9/oz at the moment, buy @£9.45)

Am I missing something?

tbh, your not really comparing like for like. If your buying bullion coins from a dealer and you are UK based then you have to fork out the premium + VAT, but, this is reflected in the sale price as well (see ebay UK for confirmation).

However, as has been detailed by myself and ziknik on this thread, it is quite possible to buy physical close to spot (pre 1947 50% Silver coins) and hold or trade as you see fit. horses for courses and all that.

Other coins are closer to £14. I might buy a few soon. But I have been concentrating on palladium and silver through GM recently. I would like to see lower premiums too. The COMEX simply has to catch up.

CID have brits in at the mo and I don't expect this to last through to the summer. I am half hoping for a comex dip to pull down the physical price on these beauties to under £15 each - if so I will be buying a few ;)

btw, 6v6- case in point with the silver brits, look at the price these sell for on ebay.........

edit - here's a nice whack of .925 sterling up for grabs

CID have brits in at the mo and I don't expect this to last through to the summer. I am half hoping for a comex dip to pull down the physical price on these beauties to under £15 each - if so I will be buying a few ;)

Chards have been very competitive with their new silver coin prices recently. Better than CID.

They had Brits for £15.30 last time I phoned them.

Silver up, gold down just for the minute. Can't remember seeing this before - my kcast always shows either two little red arrows or two little green arrows. Any thoughts?

during the last bout of gold selling off in early feb (from 875 to 800) silver was knocked down as well but came back stronger after each downward move. my take on it - the ratio is reverting to mean

during the last bout of gold selling off in early feb (from 875 to 800) silver was knocked down as well but came back stronger after each downward move. my take on it - the ratio is reverting to mean

I hope so.

Also note today that base metals are up - so silver's resilience may be an artefact of industrial demand / consensus that a bottom in commodities has been reached, rather than a result of safe haven buying. Silver in that dual PM/industrial commodity role again.

I hope so.

Also note today that base metals are up - so silver's resilience may be an artefact of industrial demand / consensus that a bottom in commodities has been reached, rather than a result of safe haven buying. Silver in that dual PM/industrial commodity role again.

yep seems plausible, and just to add palladium had a good day today along with oil

:blink: Silver is being used in deodorants !

http://www.nivea.co.uk/products/show/26978

How silver kills bacteria.

Bacteria and fungi have an active enzyme system on their surface that pumps oxygen into them - silver blocks this and they suffocate.

We do not have or need this because our cells all live in a highly contolled environment which is high in oxygen - oxygen simply diffuses into our cells and so no active mechanism is needed.

Anti virus - a virus is simply a piece of dna that takes over a cell turning it into a factory for more virus, usually in this process the cell reverts to a more primative form with the oxygen pump - it therefore becomes suceptible to silver.

Some bacteria do become resistant to silver but this is much less of a problem than with antibiotics.

:blink: Silver is being used in deodorants !

http://www.nivea.co.uk/products/show/26978

I saw an advert on TV the other day about silver deodorant. It didnt say it contained silver, but then no adverts inform you about the products, only the brand. Most odd. Like that citroen car that turns into a robot and ice skates, what does it tell you about the car except what it cant do?

Anyway, Im going to stick an eagle under one armpit and a maple under the other and a handfull of Britannias down the pants. I will report back on the results, or the wife will. :lol: