SILVER

I cant see the point in selling out of silver till at least 35-1 and even then I dont think I could part with my silver. It is so ridiculously cheap even at 14 US/oz. And it could go way down to 15-1, who knows. Best thing to do (for me) it just keep chipping away at both. When the ratio is higher buy silver, when lower buy gold. simple stuff really.

In the meantime I've gone and bought dollars on a romans hit and hope job. Actually, I think the dollar will bounce here a bit and its a good contrarian bet.

I also think silver will fall so pencil me in for silver at 12.50 ish. Gold back to 920ish by the end of this month?

October will be the time to be fully decided on where to be IMO. Place those bets Ladies and Gentlemen...

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone noticed the head and shoulders formation on the silver chart.

http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1249957432.php

The main thing is that it looks like the top of Wave 2 of C was in on Thursday at $15.03 so traders should be looking for a sharp correction here in Wave 3 down.

Looks like a giant inverse head and shoulders to me, with the neckline on a slant :)

sc-6.png

Anyone noticed the head and shoulders formation on the silver chart.

http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1249957432.php

The main thing is that it looks like the top of Wave 2 of C was in on Thursday at $15.03 so traders should be looking for a sharp correction here in Wave 3 down.

Sahara on the ADVFN really useful gold thread is looking at the same thing.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$SIL...1&listNum=4

So breakout or H & S confirmation. Looks like we are going to find out soon.

My moneys on down.

Sahara on the ADVFN really useful gold thread is looking at the same thing.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$SIL...1&listNum=4

So breakout or H & S confirmation. Looks like we are going to find out soon.

My moneys on down.

Looks up to me. The right shoulder [2] has already [just about] been taken out hasn't it? I think everything is moving up here.. with silver tagging along.

Ratio now near 64.

gold_1_year_silveryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.png

Looks up to me. The right shoulder [2] has already been taken out hasn't it? I think everything is moving up here.. with silver tagging along.

Ratio now near 64.

gold_1_year_silveryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.png

It's not clear as yet - watching this like a hawk, although i won't be covering my shorts until we break $1056 on gold.

You're not wrong- sitting tight though.

will sit tight for now. Only when the ratio moves lower would I consider moving into dollars, Yen and gold... and then only because I am very heavily in silver at the moment.

Once at 60, I would consider starting to lighten up a little into Yen and dollars [at a later date would go straight back into silver on the deflation trade ala Hoye].

If we got down as far as 50, I would move most of the rest into gold.

will sit tight for now. Only when the ratio moves lower would I consider moving into dollars, Yen and gold... and then only because I am very heavily in silver at the moment.

Once at 60, I would consider starting to lighten up a little into Yen and dollars [at a later date would go straight back into silver on the deflation trade ala Hoye].

If we got down as far as 50, I would move most of the rest into gold.

I'm not a far an opposite position - already mainly in USD with a few silver shorts and the odd PM junior good story with a core physical gold holding.

Waiting for a GS ratio 0f 100:1 before i change to silver.

I'm not a far an opposite position - already mainly in USD with a few silver shorts and the odd PM junior good story with a core physical gold holding.

Waiting for a GS ratio 0f 100:1 before i change to silver.

One could be "either side" here with the ratio at 65. Sort of a no man's land. I am assuming there will be a bit more life yet in the inflation trade before we get another deflation scare down which could take the ratio very high indeed. Time will tell. Because I am fundamentally in the deflation camp, I imagine I will be getting very itchy fingers with the ratio at 60 and lower.

Bungy1024x768.jpg

One could be "either side" here with the ratio at 65. Sort of a no man's land. I am assuming there will be a bit more life yet in the inflation trade before we get another deflation scare down which could take the ratio very high indeed. Time will tell. Because I am fundamentally in the deflation camp, I imagine I will be getting very itchy fingers with the ratio at 60 and lower.

Bungy1024x768.jpg

I'd be surprised if it went that low on the ratio at this point - but you never know.

Sahara's latest

Like I said we could have to complete wave-5 down in $USD yet, which implies further rise in Silver, it is sometimes the case that we slide up the underside of a broken trend-line.

But these mrkts can turn on a sixpence and anything could result, if we take a look at the weekly chart we can see the H&S quite clearly, yet no-one has mentioned it to me as yet, which could imply it has more value, as opposed to the H&S on the Dow recently where everyone and his pooch were trading it the wrong way...

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$SIL...Num=4&cn=70

Hi,

After some advice re bring silver into the UK. Have bought some coins from CID and had them shipped to a friends address in France to save a bit. Will there be any issues with him bringing them into the UK for me next time he visits? Will there be VAT to pay if declared?

Yes, if declared.

Hi,

After some advice re bring silver into the UK. Have bought some coins from CID and had them shipped to a friends address in France to save a bit. Will there be any issues with him bringing them into the UK for me next time he visits? Will there be VAT to pay if declared?

Hi,

Yes, if declared.

There’s no VAT to pay if you are travelling in to the UK from another EU country. You don’t even have the option to declare anything if you want to. There is a blue gate for EU (Red gate is ‘declare’. green gate is ‘nothing to declare’).

Silver is treated as cash. There is a limit to how much you can import/export. I think (check for yourself) France will allow €15k to leave the country and the UK will allow £10k in to the country. So make sure you are under the lower of the two.

Your friend cannot take any money from you for the coins or there will be taxes to pay. You won’t have a problem if you paid for your coins from your bank account… BUT, your friend must declare “I am carrying a package for my friend” when he checks in at the airport. I’d allow some extra time at the airport for body searches and so on :P

Is it too late to change my answer to no? :rolleyes:

There’s no VAT to pay if you are travelling in to the UK from another EU country. You don’t even have the option to declare anything if you want to. There is a blue gate for EU (Red gate is ‘declare’. green gate is ‘nothing to declare’).

Silver is treated as cash. There is a limit to how much you can import/export. I think (check for yourself) France will allow €15k to leave the country and the UK will allow £10k in to the country. So make sure you are under the lower of the two.

Your friend cannot take any money from you for the coins or there will be taxes to pay. You won’t have a problem if you paid for your coins from your bank account… BUT, your friend must declare “I am carrying a package for my friend” when he checks in at the airport. I’d allow some extra time at the airport for body searches and so on :P

I’ve heard some despicable* people take advantage of the blue gate

Regional airports are often under staffed and can’t afford to open the red and green gates (especially if no flights from outside the EU ever arrive at the airport/terminal. So you could fly from the USA to Paris, change planes and walk straight through customs on returning to the UK.

* ;)

erm... if they find lots of metal on you at departure in the USA, they'll surely telegraph forward to your final destination so that the red gates will be open. :ph34r:

So make sure your final destination is not what they think*..

*(despicable people could buy a separate ticket for a domestic flight and simply board it as long as they had no hold bags to reclaim??)