Worth a look back to 2007 on HPC gold thread.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...=43821&st=0

Someone called Domo wrote:

agree completly, all assets ahve been boosted by a tide of liquidity, and yes gold is bought with leveredge too as are other assets. the inflation of the last 25 years has been a credit inflation, the creation of promises to pay money, not the money itself. When confidence in the economy collapses so do the promises ie>debt ie>money supply. When deflation of the huge credit/debt superstructure will cause huge deflation. Only safe cash will go up in value.

Why cannot people grasp the simple fact that when a debt cannot be re payed, the holders of the debt (savers) are left holding rapidly depreciating promissory notes - eventually worth nothing.

Water will not run uphill and fiat currencies do not appreciate in purchasing power when the issuer can and will print.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

For cr@p's sake, will it ever stop??

I wanted to buy some soon!!

Never seen you worry so much about the value of paper before :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I reckon a big spike up next couple of months and then back down to where we are now in the summer, before the big one in a year or so.

So in the grand scheme of things it makes no odds unless everything goes completely mad max.

Will you sleep safely with all that paper though?

My thoughts exactly. I'm really pissed off now.

Still think we must have a correction soon (a meaningful one), unless this really IS IT.

I am somewhat suspicious too that we will see some exhaustion soon. I can only hope so. If not, I will have to bite the bullet and will buy and all-time high.

Worth a look back to 2007 on HPC gold thread.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...=43821&st=0

Someone called Domo wrote:

agree completly, all assets ahve been boosted by a tide of liquidity, and yes gold is bought with leveredge too as are other assets. the inflation of the last 25 years has been a credit inflation, the creation of promises to pay money, not the money itself. When confidence in the economy collapses so do the promises ie>debt ie>money supply. When deflation of the huge credit/debt superstructure will cause huge deflation. Only safe cash will go up in value.

Why cannot people grasp the simple fact that when a debt cannot be re payed, the holders of the debt (savers) are left holding rapidly depreciating promissory notes - eventually worth nothing.

Water will not run uphill and fiat currencies do not appreciate in purchasing power when the issuer can and will print.

HI Schaublin,

I have stopped educating people about choices in life. I think some people get it, some do not. As much as your intent is noble, if you read back the GEI gold threads, you will notice that people on here have not changed their stance. Those who are stuck in their beliefs are still the same. Nothing has changed, the only thing has is the price of gold.

What is the inflation adjusted high price of gold? $2300? I heard that figure at least 3 years ago, so it must need revising upwards. And what about all the inflation in the pipe, or baked in the cake, yet to come?

isn't it more like $5000 using the real inflation figures and not using government ones?

What is the inflation adjusted high price of gold? $2300? I heard that figure at least 3 years ago, so it must need revising upwards. And what about all the inflation in the pipe, or baked in the cake, yet to come?

These here are the official CPI-numbers used on the London AM Fixing.

http://gold.approximity.com/since1913/Gold_USD_CPI-adj.html

Gold_USD_CPI-adj.png

If you believe Martin Armstrong 2011 is the big one.

• 2011.45 (June 13 1/4, 2011)

Never seen you worry so much about the value of paper before :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I reckon a big spike up next couple of months and then back down to where we are now in the summer, before the big one in a year or so.

So in the grand scheme of things it makes no odds unless everything goes completely mad max.

Will you sleep safely with all that paper though?

HI Schaublin,

I have stopped educating people about choices in life. I think some people get it, some do not. As much as your intent is noble, if you read back the GEI gold threads, you will notice that people on here have not changed their stance. Those who are stuck in their beliefs are still the same. Nothing has changed, the only thing has is the price of gold.

I was mulling over why it is that so many people, some obviously intelligent, try to create complicated models to explain why QE , massive debt and de-industrialisation of the West is not a problem and how this complicated economy can be tweaked and tinkered with and it will all come right.

Perhaps the reason people try to create these models is simply an unwillingness/inability to admit that 500 years of Western hegemony is ending.

I think the nuts and bolts of it is people are lazy and they lack confidence. They find it easier to believe what the TV tells them to believe and they simply don't want to be ridiculed for discussing fringe theories. After all, the US can't collapse because they have Disney World and stealth bombers. Can it..?

A family member said she had complete faith in the government, as there are extremely intelligent people running this country. I gave up at this point, after all it was these intelligent self serving people that created this mess. You can take a horse to water but....

Perhaps the reason people try to create these models is simply an unwillingness/inability to admit that 500 years of Western hegemony is ending.