Well, the point is we were discussing log chart versus linear charts. Simples really.

As you know, I don't consider myself a "gold bug". All I'm trying to do is put forth a more mainstream view of why gold is and will do well. You'd have to agree that the "gold bug" hyper-inflation free-market anti-government view does tend to alienate the wider audience. Wouldn't you agree that if gold was discussed as an alternative currency, without the other baggage, it might help others understand it at a more mainstream level? Isn't that the point of a gold thread... rather than high-fives and self-congratulations?

Actually, I have become to despair of late that this site is hoplessly "far right/ libertarian" in its economic and political views. After 2 years of posting here, i haven't seen much of a widening of the debate. I think this doctrinaire approach will only blinker people as to what will happen politcally and economically... not to mention what gold will do.

Rh this is'nt about a popularity contest and drawing in the masses its about THE TRUTH if hyperinflation free market anti government is the truth then it is what it is.If the brainwashed masses cant or dont want to see the truth that is their problem not yours to try to offer a watered down version of reality to try to appease them.Some people will never get it until its all over and to late.Some people cant handle the TRUTH.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

No I'm not being pedantic at all. Using a linear chart instead of a log chart leads to all sorts of distortions, which have been highlighted. Why don't you think about that objectively rather than taking such a personal and nasty approach.

Frankly, I'm amazed your still using these linear charts. Move on... and spare the abusive language.

Frankly i am amazed any body uses ANY charts.In my opinion they should have all been put away a long time ago and a real focus beamed on to the real fundamentals.Charts for historical perspective yes but to try and predict the future is a little bit nieve to say the least.The fundamentals offer a much clearer true real perspective of possible future events.

Having said that when someone posts a chart prediction nearly 2 years ago and it is exactly correct you have got to say that is pretty impressive.Other than SIR PIXEL8R chart NO ONE on GEI can acclaim that.

COME ON RH TIP YOUR HAT TO PIXEL HE GOT IT BANG ON.

Well, the point is we were discussing log chart versus linear charts.

Errrm, well, no actually.

The point under discussion was the accuracy of Pixel's chart.

Until you tried to denigrate this implying it was somehow childish to have used a lin chart!!

The whole irony being that the original point Pixel was making, is clearer on a lin rather than a log chart.

Rh this is'nt about a popularity contest and drawing in the masses its about THE TRUTH if hyperinflation free market anti government is the truth then it is what it is.If the brainwashed masses cant or dont want to see the truth that is their problem not yours to try to offer a watered down version of reality to try to appease them.Some people will never get it until its all over and to late.Some people cant handle the TRUTH.

This kind of dogmatic "truth" is the exact thing that turns a mainstream readership off. To be bullish on gold, ome may or may not believe in hyper-inflation.... each to their own, but lets keep the conversation open..... are people so uncertain of their certainties that they won't tolerate any disagreement?

Hyper-inflation is not a pre-requisite for gold to perform. It helps to widen the conversation rather than narrow it.

edited

Errrm, well, no actually.

The point under discussion was the accuracy of Pixel's chart.

Until you tried to denigrate this implying it was somehow childish to have used a lin chart!!

The whole irony being that the original point Pixel was making, is clearer on a lin rather than a log chart.

Err, yes actually. My first point was simply about the use of a linear chart for a longer term period.... not about any prediction. General points were made about using linear as opposed to log charts, but I see no-one wants to take up the discussion. :lol:

I think "gold-bugs" prefer the linear chart because it looks like gold has exploded when it fact it is just rising at a measured pace. The problem with these charts, as I mentioned, is it also makes the price look precarious for those that are thnking of buying here.

Look at the log and linear charts. Which makes it easier to buy?

Frankly i am amazed any body uses ANY charts.In my opinion they should have all been put away a long time ago and a real focus beamed on to the real fundamentals.Charts for historical perspective yes but to try and predict the future is a little bit nieve to say the least.The fundamentals offer a much clearer true real perspective of possible future events.

Having said that when someone posts a chart prediction nearly 2 years ago and it is exactly correct you have got to say that is pretty impressive.Other than SIR PIXEL8R chart NO ONE on GEI can acclaim that.

COME ON RH TIP YOUR HAT TO PIXEL HE GOT IT BANG ON.

Most of us interested in posting on gold have been calling for higher gold prices. The point is the pace at which gold goes up and how sustainable it is. Pixel has called it well.... so far....but I don't think it's going to be as easy as hyper-inflationists think - that the dollar will blow up and the price go to the moon. If someone piled in thinking that, and then the price retraced a a couple of hundred dollars they could well be traumatized by the event.... not to mention selling at the wrong time.

Well, the point is we were discussing log chart versus linear charts. Simples really.

As you know, I don't consider myself a "gold bug". All I'm trying to do is put forth a more mainstream view of why gold is and will do well. You'd have to agree that the "gold bug" hyper-inflation free-market anti-government view does tend to alienate the wider audience.

Wouldn't you agree that if gold was discussed as an alternative currency, without the other baggage, it might help others understand it at a more mainstream level? Isn't that the point of a gold thread... rather than high-fives and self-congratulations?

Actually, I have become to despair of late that this site is hoplessly "far right/ libertarian" in its economic and political views. After 2 years of posting here, i haven't seen much of a widening of the debate. I think this doctrinaire approach will only blinker people as to what will happen politcally and economically... not to mention what gold will do.

Why despair about something that doesn't exist (the political left vs right illusion)?

If you do not agree with free markets and are pro government - and do not believe that the currency will be debased to nothing, why own gold at all?

Regarding Pixel8er, He put his judgment on gold on record several years ago and all the regulars here know he has been remarkably accurate.

If you do not agree with free markets and are pro government - and do not believe that the currency will be debased to nothing, why own gold at all?

I believe in good government not no government [most people do]. I own gold because I think once governments will return to gold to stabilize the currency system.

You don't have to be a "gold bug" to buy gold. Crikey, it's just a currency.

RH, you seem to be having a bit of trouble here, so let me spell it out for you.

Err, yes actually. My first point was simply about the use of a linear chart for a longer term period.... not about any prediction.

The problem with this chart is it's linear

So there was a problem with that chart, then? Please explain how that call would have been so much better by using a log chart to make the point?

I have to say I'm surprised you're still using linear charts

Yes, how outdated of you Pixel! The next time that you make a stunningly accurate call, I for one will not listen, unless I consider the format that you have chosen to be more "in vogue"!

Frankly, I'm amazed your still using these linear charts. Move on... and spare the abusive language.

But underhand insults are just fine???

Look at the log and linear charts. Which makes it easier to buy?

Either, they show the same thing differently. Both have their place. But it was never about this was it?

RH, you are one of my favourite posters on this board. Your views are often opposite from my own, which is far more useful than having everyone agree with me. (Doesn't happen much except here!!) I must say that I also admire your excellent grasp of the English language.

But you were wrong here. You clearly baited Pixel and he bit.

Scampering for the moral high ground really isn't going to wash on this one.

RH, you seem to be having a bit of trouble here, so let me spell it out for you.

So there was a problem with that chart, then? Please explain how that call would have been so much better by using a log chart to make the point?

Yes, how outdated of you Pixel! The next time that you make a stunningly accurate call, I for one will not listen, unless I consider the format that you have chosen to be more "in vogue"!

But underhand insults are just fine???

Either, they show the same thing differently. Both have their place. But it was never about this was it?

RH, you are one of my favourite posters on this board. Your views are often opposite from my own, which is far more useful than having everyone agree with me. (Doesn't happen much except here!!) I must say that I also admire your excellent grasp of the English language.

But you were wrong here. You clearly baited Pixel and he bit.

Scampering for the moral high ground really isn't going to wash on this one.

Well, you could be right. My main point wasn't to bait anyone but to provoke a conversation on the use of linear charts in general.... I really do think they misrepresent what gold is doing.

But obviously a few cages have been rattled at the same time. Is that such a bad thing? Group think and all that. :lol:

I think there's a misunderstanding here. I wasn't referring to a specific call/ prediction... but the use of linear charts [over the long term] in general. I'm repeating myself now.

This kind of dogmatic "truth" is the exact thing that turns a mainstream audience off. To be bullish on gold, ome may or may not believe in hyper-inflation.... each to their own, but lets keep the conversation open..... are people so uncertain of their certainties that they won't tolerate any disagreement?

Hyper-inflation is not a pre-requisite for gold to perform. It helps to widen the conversation rather than narrow it.

RH read my post I AM NOT INTERESTED IN CAPTIVATING ANY AUDIENCE MAINSTREAM OR ANY OTHER I WANT THE TRUTH whatever that is good or bad..I do not give an opinion in my post as to what my thoughts are but the evidence and fundamentals to date point strongly to a hyperinflation collapse of the currencies i.e dollar gbp euro due to the incessant printing and debasing of the currency.

THE FUNDAMENTALS ARE CATASTROPHIC AND THAT AT THE MOMMENT THAT IS HOW I SEE THE END RESULT A CATASTROPHIC COLLAPSE.

Is that what i want no is that what the mainstream want to hear no but if that is the TRUTH it is what it is.

I DO STONGLY FEEL THAT THIS IS THE PTB ENGINEERED GOAL TO BRING ABOUT THEIR DESIRED SINGULAR WORLD CURRENCY AND THE CENTRALISATION OF POWER.

BUT I AM TOTALLY OPEN TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITH GOOD FUNDAMENTAL EVIDENCE AND FACT.

OK, going back and reading those posts... I should've first said "Congrats Pixel8er for a good call!"... before going on to put my boot into linear charts. :)

HURRAH you finally can see the point.Of course pixel should get a tip of the hat for is PIXEL8R lines its the best and only accurate call to date on here and has stood the test of time.

RH read my post I AM NOT INTERESTED IN CAPTIVATING ANY AUDIENCE MAINSTREAM OR ANY OTHER I WANT THE TRUTH whatever that is good or bad..I do not give an opinion in my post as to what my thoughts are but the evidence and fundamentals to date point strongly to a hyperinflation collapse of the currencies i.e dollar gbp euro due to the incessant printing and debasing of the currency.

THE FUNDAMENTALS ARE CATASTROPHIC AND THAT AT THE MOMMENT THAT IS HOW I SEE THE END RESULT A CATASTROPHIC COLLAPSE.

Is that what i want no is that what the mainstream want to hear no but if that is the TRUTH it is what it is.

I DO STONGLY FEEL THAT THIS IS THE PTB ENGINEERED GOAL TO BRING ABOUT THEIR DESIRED SINGULAR WORLD CURRENCY AND THE CENTRALISATION OF POWER.

BUT I AM TOTALLY OPEN TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITH GOOD FUNDAMENTAL EVIDENCE AND FACT.

aint going to work for them though

over reach and they are out of money

In my HOPE OF ALL HOPES i wish this could be true.But what you need to realy understand these people are SCIENTISTS at this stuff. It has been going on for centuries they control everything the student demos etc are what they want so they can lock down the streets with martial law.What did they achieve with their demonstration ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Waving a flag at a pirate ship is a joke.

In my HOPE OF ALL HOPES i wish this could be true.But what you need to realy understand these people are SCIENTISTS at this stuff. It has been going on for centuries they control everything the student demos etc are what they want so they can lock down the streets with martial law.What did they achieve with their demonstration ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Waving a flag at a pirate ship is a joke.

more and more are bypassing the banks everyday

if we dont have hope there is little left

I am aware of the false flags and who is often behind the violent uprisings

more and more are bypassing the banks everyday

if we dont have hope there is little left

I am aware of the false flags and who is often behind the violent uprisings

HOPE is for the hopeless.

HOPE is for the ignorant.

HOPE is for the obama fans.

Lost count how many times i have said that.You dont need hope you need knowledge and understanding and strategy to deal with any eventuality.The only time hope enters my vocabulary is in the sense of I prepare for the worst and HOPE for the best.So as an example with regards to finances my strategy was to accumulate PHYSICAL GOLD HELD IN MY PERSONAL POSSESION as a strategy for preparation of the worst case scenario and then i hope that my calculated fears are not realised.Sadly with this example my worst fears are becoming reality in front of my very eyes so i think my strategy of worst case scenario will play out to the full.This will leave me in a very strong position to develop my strategy when as ROTHSCHILDS says "buy when the blood is on the streets".

So i feel that hope is an empty word not worth my time and is used as a propaganda tool to convince the masses not to despair when it is absolutely obvious that despair is the truth of their situation.

Gold and guns

from conversations with Doug Casey

I've long said, bull markets have three phases. This is classic market theory, nothing unique to me. There's the Stealth Phase, when prices are extremely cheap and everyone hates the investment – or if they don't hate it, they've forgotten about it. That's long gone for gold, this time. There's the Wall of Worry Phase, when people know it exists, and it seems likely to go higher, but people deny it, or find all sorts of reasons to believe that every correction along the way up means the market has peaked. I think we're in the late stages of this market phase, and heading into a real Mania for gold – manias being the third phase of classic bull markets.