Marr (Lacky estblishment man) tried as best as he could to convince the R4 listening sheeple that gold is in a bubble. Those that follow conventional wisdom and plummy Marr consensus will be obliterated by future events.

"Lets talk about another commodity that attracts mania - drugs", says Marr

Gold in a bubble - yeh, that's why every man and his dog is buying gold at the moment. Hey, and check out all the gold ramping on TV - Gold under the Hammer. The only mania associated with gold at the moment is a few insiders desperately trying to get uninformed plebs to sell their gold. Hey, gold's in a bubble - therefore don't buy, sell instead, you know it makes sense.

I bet Marr has got some - gold I mean, not integrity.

Doubt he has gold - such people are so convinced of their own superiority and the rightness of the system that they would not dream of joining the 'cranks' with gold :lol:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I am strapped-in but the engines' vibrations scare me.

Ah the good old A380 Rolls Royce engines, the best of British maufacturing will save the day....

$1410.... ouch,wheres G0ldfingers correction gone?

RE: Radio 4 "start the week", It was interesting that Gillian Tett (who has a very sexy lisp IMO) said that she was not worried about gold being in a bubble but more worried about other bubbles such as US treasuries...

$1410.... ouch,wheres G0ldfingers correction gone?

FFS, it wasn't "my" correction, but our dear top callers' and bubble predictors' ones. And once, I wanted to hold them to it. And what happened?? THIS!

EDIT: This is what we have been preaching for years: you GATA be in it to win it! The short term thinkers have lost/sold out.

FFS, it wasn't "my" correction, but our dear top callers' and bubble predictors' ones. And once, I wanted to hold them to it. And what happened?? THIS!

Careful GF the last time I kept track of a top callers prediction I got a slap across the wrists - apparently we should be focusing on the bigger picture rather than trying to catch people wrong you know ;) which is a actually very ironic as our minds are focused like a lazer beam on the big picture unlike the maniacal traders. Ah well...

EDIT: This is what we have been preaching for years: you GATA be in it to win it! The short term thinkers have lost/sold out.

Indeed yer average investor should not be trying to play day trader. And even yer day trader should have a core position.

I thought "you" wanted a correction so you could buy.

I thought "you" wanted a correction so you could buy.

Oh, yes, I want gold down to $950 ASAP!

But what I want and what I predicted happening, warned of happening, and now see happening are different things.

EDIT: The point is, there is always a top caller out there who warns you that gold might go down, and truly enough, it goes down every other tick. But the point is that you have to be in it because it might run away and you'll never get a chance to buy in at these old prices again. I have been in with 100% of my liquid wealth (in fact, with slightly more than 100%, but that is a different story). Now I watch this and my SIPP is not ready to get started yet because it is taking ages. :angry: Meanwhile, I am "earning" a good amount of "money". An illusion, since my gold and silver has stayed the same all through that recent run-up.

Oh, yes, I want gold down to $950 ASAP!

But what I want and what I predicted happening, warned of happening, and now see happening are different things.

EDIT: The point is, there is always a top caller out there who warns you that gold might go down, and truly enough, it goes down every other tick. But the point is that you have to be in it because it might run away and you'll never get a chance to buy in at these old prices again. I have been in with 100% of my liquid wealth (in fact, with slightly more than 100%, but that is a different story). Now I watch this and my SIPP is not ready to get started yet because it is taking ages. :angry: Meanwhile, I am "earning" a good amount of "money". An illusion, since my gold and silver has stayed the same all through that recent run-up.

I also have a bunch of USD in a retirement account and there are no PM investment options available in that account. A withdrawal is difficult to accomplish, although with some lying I may be able to make a withdrawal. Otherwise, I can borrow from my account and do as I wish with the money (buy PMs and PM related assets). I am confident the transaction would be a winner for me but I find the process cumbersome. About 35% of my liquid assets are in this account, so it's a significant piece of change that I can't put into PMs.

However, I've been treating this account as my ultimate cash backstop, in case the stock market crashes again and takes PM stocks with it (unlikely).

I think something more reliable is needed for this run. <_<

The most used and reliable launch vehicle in the history of spaceflight. By the dawn of the 21st century, more than 1,600 Soyuz rockets of various kinds had been launched with an unparalled success rate of 97.5% for production models. The two-stage Soyuz that presently transports cosmonauts and astronauts to the International Space Station

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/...ch_vehicle.html

Soyuz_launch.jpgSoyuz05-708370.jpg

I think there may have been many institutional investors betting gold wouldn't break $1400, i suspect once that mark was hit a lot of traders had to go shopping to cover their shorts and this in turn has seen the mark not just passed but picking up pace past the resistance point! The unhedged Gold producers also need to be considered because right now that just makes them figurative as well as literal Gold mines, it will make for amazing profits reports.

The thing is rallies born out of covering shorts might be in turn short lived once investors figure that the resistance was broken and take profits off the table. However in this instance with the news of QE and outright verbal wars over policy in the currency markets right now (China, US, UK etc.) there is enough concern to pause anyone from liquidiating Gold assets right now. I mean why would anyone take profits when there are so many risks to the system, the printing is going exponential, China and the US are at loggerheads over Yuan revaluation - which if you stop to think about it, is bascially the two most important global economies trying to argue over whose currency gets to be worth least! The US might even get what they want, then live to regret it as the worst policy decision in history when the Chinese turn around and promptly buy up America's industrial giants at comparatively wholesale prices.

Almost every piece of new news is all Goldbug Bear food of the highest order.

- Pye

(Like everyone else wish i'd bought more before the madness started, still least i got in early with what i have)