• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Indication gold going down - 1

I disagree that this is an indication that gold is going down, there is plenty of evidence currently that these are the last desperate efforts of a severely damaged gold cartel. James Turk puts it very well in the following piece from Friday;

James Turk - Kamikaze Attacks in the Silver Market

Look Pixel8r, if you read my post again, you will see that I'm agreeing with you... that it makes no difference to a short term chart whether it is in log or linear. "Why?" refers to your comment that we should be careful because it's linear.....

What do you think goldfinger? Worthy of another suspension?

RH, you have presented yourself in a poor light by writing this. The pointless arguments about linear/log display about information appear to be a smokescreen to prevent due credit to Pixel8er. I would guess that most here have seen this. It does you no credit.

Dear Café members,

GATA Chairman Bill Murphy, me, is on the warpath. For the past 12 years GATA has put conclusive evidence together about the gold/silver price suppression scheme. Just in the last couple of weeks astounding developments have supported our claims, the first from CFTC Commissioner Bart Chilton:

"There have been fraudulent efforts to persuade and deviously control that price," Chilton said in prepared remarks before a Commodity Futures Trading Commission meeting.

Then at least four highly regarded law firms have filed class action lawsuits against JP Morgan Chase and HSBC for their roles in the silver price manipulation scheme. These law firms are risking hundreds of millions of dollars on a contingency basis to win the day on behalf of their clients. They must be very confident in the evidence against those Wall Street firms. By the way, can anyone recall so many class action lawsuits filed so soon on a singular issue as this one? I am not sure of this, but it may be unprecedented.

All of this was brought about by GATA?s presentation at the March 25th CFTC hearing on position limits, along with the astounding revelations by England?s Andrew McGuire, which GATA brought to the attention of the press and general public.

Yet, the financial market press still won?t give GATA the time of day, even though what we have here is one of the most profound financial market stories in US history. Instead, the financial media continues to interview those in the mainstream gold world, and on Wall Street, who have generally been wrong all the way up.

The GATA camp has been raging bulls for the last decade. Few in the investment world have nailed this move like we have. Aside from the gold price suppression scheme articulations, you would think some of press would like to know why WE got THE MOVE so right and THEY missed the move, for the most part. What did WE know that they did not? The fact that GATA has been so right about the gold and silver price moves for so long is a story unto itself. In addition, what we have to offer the financial market media is a revealing story which dwarfs the Enron/Madoff scandals combined by a long shot.

GATA has learned from two prominent reporters in the financial arena, in their own words, that they have not been allowed to report on GATA up until now? some free press America has. However, due to Bart Chilton?s comments and the lawsuits we believe the gloves are coming off and GATA can be mentioned in ?polite? company.

So, I have put together ?The GATA Story? specifically for the financial market press and is now served at The Matisse Table, which I hope every Café member will send, along with a personal email, to various members of the financial press. They are all over the place. It is time the real gold/silver story be told to the investing public.

Thank you for any assistance you can give GATA in this regard. Our time is NOW!

Bill Murphy

Chairman

Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee

As I have been interviewed By Devon Maylie of Dow Jones this week I have emailed her and asked her to take a look at the information provided by GATA.

Hopefully I have done my bit to help in bringing an end to the manipulation by the bullion banks.

RH, you have presented yourself in a poor light by writing this. The pointless arguments about linear/log display about information appear to be a smokescreen to prevent due credit to Pixel8er. I would guess that most here have seen this. It does you no credit.

Crikey, can't you see that comment about a suspension is tongue in cheek.... with no intention of a suspension.

I don't think the issue of log chart for long term is pointless, but crucial [it shows the correct pace of strengthening].... and quite besides the point whether Pixel8r is due credit. Anyway, in regards to saying gold was going to 1400, I've given P credit... but then when was it ever in doubt that gold was going to 1400 at a later date? What was being debated a year ago was the short term. I'd say Pixel8r got it half right. Just my honest opinion.... I've always sought to debate the ideas not the person... though we all get heated at times.

You aren't moderator quality. Steve Netwriter is 10 times the moderator you are. If you want to ban him, ban him and then ban me.

Pixel first asks me if his comment gets him another "ban". I then jokingly ask goldfinger [who suspended Pixel last time] what he thinks. Things are being taken too seriously here.

edit

Was Romans Holiday slow to give recognition to an amazing call by Pixel8r ✔

Were fellow posters correct to pick up on this ✔

Was Romans Holiday correct to point out the chasm between linear and log ✔

Is it not inordinately boring to see this tension play out on the forum ✔

Can we switch from the Punch and Judy show back to the proper debate channel please?

Has anyone else seen Max Keiser's clarion call for everyone to buy one ounce of silver? If sufficient numbers were to do this then JPM's infamous PM short would face a 9 on the richter scale...

Was Romans Holiday slow to give recognition to an amazing call by Pixel8r ✔

Were fellow posters correct to pick up on this ✔

Was Romans Holiday correct to point out the chasm between linear and log ✔

Is it not inordinately boring to see this tension play out on the forum ✔

Can we switch from the Punch and Judy show back to the proper debate channel please?

Has anyone else seen Max Keiser's clarion call for everyone to buy one ounce of silver? If sufficient numbers were to do this then JPM's infamous PM short would face a 9 on the richter scale...

Yes, this is interesting. I have recently been thinking that the 'leakage' into the controlled media of people like Max Keiser, Gerald Celente, peter Schiff et al is starting to look like a real threat to the status quo. I believe we are now entering a dangerous time when the people that control the system will start to resort to direct intimidation and violence against any threat to their power. The 'money illusion' cannot be allowed to fail and I worry about the safety of people like Keiser.

I believe we are now entering a dangerous time when the people that control the system will start to resort to direct intimidation and violence against any threat to their power.

Crashman Begins posesses absolutely no bullion paper or physical.

Any comments made regarding possession / investing are purely speculation / peer pressure.. and are weak attempt to keep up with the Jones's / seem cool B)

Agreed. It wouldn't surprise me if Ron Paul's brakes failed... :(

Yes, this is interesting. I have recently been thinking that the 'leakage' into the controlled media of people like Max Keiser, Gerald Celente, peter Schiff et al is starting to look like a real threat to the status quo. I believe we are now entering a dangerous time when the people that control the system will start to resort to direct intimidation and violence against any threat to their power. The 'money illusion' cannot be allowed to fail and I worry about the safety of people like Keiser.

Just caught 5 minutes on the World Service about gold on their business programme . Usual talking heads saying it's a bubble yada yada but slightly better overall balance than usual. One thing that did occur to me was that some buyers at the moment believe they are riding a bubble - while others believe that the fundamentals of a fiat system in its end days make gold an excellent store of wealth. Being in wine, I cannot at the moment come to any conclusions about these strange bedfellows who are doing the same thing for different reasons.

Crashman Begins posesses absolutely no bullion paper or physical.

Any comments made regarding possession / investing are purely speculation / peer pressure.. and are weak attempt to keep up with the Jones's / seem cool B)

Or was it a boating accident, where you accidentaly dropped your stash in a very deep lake.

Its so annoying, I know I've done it myself.

Continued correction to around 1300 looks likely imo. The trend line is near bang on 20% yearly appreciation against the dollar.

Really, doesn't seem very likely to me I would put the bottom at around $1360-$1365.

20101115-xy5xi6wrqiwbn6ya9hbdhyfjpf.jpg

This "log" graph shows the escalating increases in the price of gold, which to me is to be expected as we move through this bull run. I fully expect when we reach the final mania stage the rate of ascent will almost be vertical.

20101115-1rydaaxdtgce5r41qt548qsnbt.jpg