• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I'm back - not much change then....

Looks like the PPT ARS(e) system is able to smack only one PM at a time...I will keep switching from gold to silver to compensate...

Thanks PPT!

Also is Mr. Market stupid? Treasury pump $800 Billion into system and stock market goes up? Gold comes down a little???

WTF?

I need to go back to school...economics 101 for me...

Hugh Hendry will be buying a safe and packing it with gold bars in 18 months time. Right now though he likes 4.5% on German Bond yields.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/27835645

I do wonder what Cg & Goldfinger make of his stratergy !

Ps I dont think anyone here would bet against HH on this :lol: - "All financials will be owned by the U.S. government in a year," Hendry said. "I bet you."

Dumb question: is anyone able to point me to a noddy guide to the interpretation of charts such as CGNAO's? Those little bar things on each day in te middle segment and the top and bottom segment graphs?

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=...ical_indicators

Technical Indicators and Overlays

Technical Indicators are the often squiggly lines found above, below and on-top-of the price information on a technical chart. Indicators that use the same scale as prices are typically plotted on top of the price bars and are therefore referred to as "Overlays."

This section describes the various kinds of technical indicators and overlays that are available here at StockCharts.com.

The commentary has turned a lot more positive over the last week. Looking forward to the next couple of months :D

Is Gold Finally In A Sustainable Uptrend?

Posted: Nov 25 2008 By: David Duval Post Edited: November 25, 2008 at 10:52 am

A few up days hardly constitutes a trend but gold seems to be recovering some of its luster which I’m sure is a welcome relief to everyone. While the next phase of gold’s bull market may not play out this week or next, it will almost certainly do so in the coming months.

For those of us that haven’t been flushed out of the gold market by margin calls and other factors, the light at the end of the tunnel is beginning to look more like a navigation beacon than a freight train.

For investors in gold equities - and to a lesser extent physical gold - these past few months have been disconcerting to say the least. Perhaps it’s a sign of the times but the only solace I’ve been able to offer shell-shocked investors is that my losses are on a par with their own - and I’ve been in the business for most of my working life and presumably have some idea what I’m doing.

Throughout all this turmoil, however, I’ve tried to keep my eye on the big picture and I’m more convinced than ever that we are heading into the eye of a perfect storm for gold and gold equities.

Morgan Stanley is even getting on the gold bandwagon, predicting gold will climb above $1,000 per ounce in 2011 largely due to rising demand, coupled with higher mining costs and decreased mine output. In the past, I have told people that if I’m dead wrong about the positive impact of the current financial crisis on the gold market, consumer demand in the face of declining supplies will carry the day. At this stage, I’m convinced I’ll be right on both counts.

more

I'm thinking of buying some of these as an alternative to the other 1oz coins in my posession

http://coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=11&id=19

it says gold content 12.15g, so works out £574 / oz at todays price, a fair bit less than the main 1oz coins.

Opinions ? :unsure:

I make it £885.21 per ounce.

(31.103477/12.15) x £345.79 = £885.20751

One troy ounce is 31.103477g.

Nice looking coin though. Does it commemorate some anniversary?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just had a thought about remembering 31.103477.

I remember that it's 31 something. But the decimals go like .1234 except change 2 to 0. And then round the 4 up to 5.

31.1035 as a close approximation.

I make it £885.21 per ounce.

(31.103477/12.15) x £345.79 = £885.20751

One troy ounce is 31.103477g.

Nice looking coin though. Does it commemorate some anniversary?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just had a thought about remembering 31.103477.

I remember that it's 31 something. But the decimals go like .1234 except change 2 to 0. And then round the 4 up to 5.

31.1035 as a close approximation.

Where are you getting £345.79 from? The price I'm seeing is £224.81 (it should be 1000 schilling coin)

Where are you getting £345.79 from? The price I'm seeing is £224.81 (it should be 1000 schilling coin)

You just beat me. I realized that I was looking at the dollar price!

(31.103477/12.15) x £224.78 = £575.42712

So yes, cheaper than the standard one ounce coins.

Of those the one ounce philharmoniker is the cheapest on the list at £585.94.

Phils might be easier to sell though. Notice that the buy-sell spread per ounce is a good deal higher for the Babenberger. But if it's just metal you want...

You just beat me. I realized that I was looking at the dollar price!

(31.103477/12.15) x £224.78 = £575.42712

So yes, cheaper than the standard one ounce coins.

Of those the one ounce philharmoniker is the cheapest on the list at £585.94.

Phils might be easier to sell though. Notice that the buy-sell spread per ounce is a good deal higher for the Babenberger. But if it's just metal you want...

I was thinking along the lines of lower denomination than the 1oz' ers I've got already and yes it's the metal content that matters, I'm no collector!

Only thing I'm slightly not sure about on these is where it quotes 900/1000 which I presume is fineness, yet they say gold content is same as weight (12.15g) Does this sound right or is there some alloy in there making up the 12.15g ??

I was thinking along the lines of lower denomination than the 1oz' ers I've got already and yes it's the metal content that matters, I'm no collector!

Only thing I'm slightly not sure about on these is where it quotes 900/1000 which I presume is fineness, yet they say gold content is same as weight (12.15g) Does this sound right or is there some alloy in there making up the 12.15g ??

On the main gold coin listing page:

http://coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=10&id=1

you see that it says gold content. So that's how many grammes of gold in the coin - 12.15. The coin-specific page should be more precise about that.

But about lower denomination (smaller) coins I feel somewhat the same. This might seem to be a good deal but check the buy-sell spread. I haven't done the calculation but per ounce the spread looks a good deal wider than for popular and cheaper one ounce coins. If this applies still at the time you sell, the seeming gain may not be one. Might be an idea to compare the buy-sell spread with other smaller coins.

Sorry, I got the calculation wrong. A right twite not being careful about the currency. :mellow:

As a store of wealth, no these are fine IMO. I'm personally going to start buying some silver coins as I think this is a good hedge against a money system collapse and will be useful for buying everyday things. I don't normally subscribe to this level of doom mongering, but if you're going to protect yourself you have to take everything in to consideration.

So wadda you think? Any detrementals in going for something like this as opposed to more common coins? I like the look of these, especially at that price!

Fook...

So it is Good Bye, Good Luck and God Bless

ELLIOTT WAVE GOLD UPDATE 23

Alf Field

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_08/field112408.html

Still, he does say this...

Looking at the chart below, the correction from $1015 to $699 is 31%! It sticks out like a sore thumb. Surely this is exactly the 32% correction that we should have been anticipating for Major TWO?

Assuming that the $699 low on 23 October 2008 turns out to be the actual low point of the correction, and that remains to be proven, then we can conclude that we have seen the low point for Major TWO. That will allow us to update my original "back of the envelope" template to much higher levels, as follows:

Major ONE up from $256 to $1,015 (actually 4 times the $255 low);

Major TWO down from $1015 to $699, say $700 (a decline of 31%);

Major THREE up from $700 to $3,500 (a Fibonacci 5 times the $500 low);

Major FOUR down from $3,500 to $2,500 (a 29% decline);

Major FIVE up from $2,500 to $10,000 (also a 4 fold increase, same as ONE)

On the main gold coin listing page:

http://coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=10&id=1

you see that it says gold content. So that's how many grammes of gold in the coin - 12.15. The coin-specific page should be more precise about that.

But about lower denomination (smaller) coins I feel somewhat the same. This might seem to be a good deal but check the buy-sell spread. I haven't done the calculation but per ounce the spread looks a good deal wider than for popular and cheaper one ounce coins. If this applies still at the time you sell, the seeming gain may not be one. Might be an idea to compare the buy-sell spread with other smaller coins.

Sorry, I got the calculation wrong. A right twite not being careful about the currency. :mellow:

Grateful for the response(s) :)

Only thing left to decide is buy now or wait for CG's predicted smackdown ............

Dumb question: is anyone able to point me to a noddy guide to the interpretation of charts such as CGNAO's? Those little bar things on each day in te middle segment and the top and bottom segment graphs?

Here's another one on Technical Analysis: Indicators And Oscillators.

http://www.investopedia.com/university/tec...hanalysis10.asp

Grateful for the response(s) :)

Only thing left to decide is buy now or wait for CG's predicted smackdown ............

I know the feeling. But if you're in for the long term a few quid here or there is not important.

"Be right. Sit tight."

Supposedly Jesse Livermore said so.

In the spirit of sharing, this one is pure QUALITY! :lol:

Follow these simple directions and get yourselves 12 x 1oz Gold Eagles/Krugs etc at $50 or more BELOW SPOT! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Thank you

Microsoft!!!!'

If that works, I can think of nothing better than Microsoft subsidising the purchase of gold :lol: :lol:

Even the PPT aren't THAT generous :lol: :lol: