Anyone see the bit about gold on Friday's Tonight with Martin Lewis?....... had that awful property ramping bitch Rosie Millard on which was quite hilarious as she looks really desperate now. Martin Lewis went to Baird & Co. and spoke to Tony Baird who has talked about golds impressive performance these last few years. Hope the link works ok:

http://www.itv.com/ITVPlayer/Video/default...mp;Filter=35336

So there you go - gold is now mainstream and the general public in the UK are now going to pile in at the top and push it even higher :rolleyes:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Getting quite bearish round here at the moment, so here's an article for all the bulls.

Extraordinary Bullish Outlook For Gold - Eric Hommelberg - February 06, 2009

• Gold proves itself as only true alternative for the dollar
  • Confidence in currencies shaken to the core
  • Gulf countries are keen to break away from the link with the US dollar
  • Chinese appetite for US debt in decline
  • Former Bank of England official expects dollar collapse
  • Investors fleeing into gold as US prints trillions
  • HSBC, Citigroup, Merril Lynch, Goldman Sachs all turning bullish on gold
  • Senior gold shares ready to move higher after impressive 100% bull run since October 2008
  • Junior gold shares waking up - bottomed out in December 2008

I'm still bullish on gold in the short term on a week by week basis - I see a top coming soon but not before the March 08 highs have been taken out. The chart pattern looks bullish with the 18 day MA above the 50 day MA with the 100 day MA at the bottom and slow stochastics look like they will lock in above 80 as silver has done.

Is goldmoney doing strange things today??? :blink:

Gold ounce only 1,170 in NZ dollars [was 1,700 the other day]

Silver $17 down from $25

Also down in Aussie dollars. :blink:

Oh :( :(

I did contact them a while back when I spotted an error with the NZ$ price.

They said they were passing it on to their technical people :D

It looks like they still have problems.

I tend to use this now:

gold_1d_o_NZD.png

http://www.goldprice.org/gold-price.html

Oh :( :(

I did contact them a while back when I spotted an error with the NZ$ price.

They said they were passing it on to their technical people :D

It looks like they still have problems.

I tend to use this now:

gold_1d_o_NZD.png

http://www.goldprice.org/gold-price.html

Good site that one Steve. Are there any short/long term graphs in the kiwi to be found anywhere?

Also, spoke to Jo at nzmint who said they have always charged 7% above spot. i was under the impression it was 4% above spot and had been telling acquaintances so. :huh: i am sure I bought at just 4% above spot a while back.

Good site that one Steve. Are there any short/long term graphs in the kiwi to be found anywhere?

Also, spoke to Jo at nzmint who said they have always charged 7% above spot. i was under the impression it was 4% above spot and had been telling acquaintances so. :huh: i am sure I bought at just 4% above spot a while back.

You're kidding right :lol:

GoldNZ_1992_to_2008_090126.gif

And between my updates:

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$GOL...id=p30732309963

I think it depends on quantity. But I also think the premium has been rising.

Carpet-bombed for the london am fix...

:ph34r:

yeah, cheered me right up. That and the weather. I know why, its because I bought some BV gold last week and some more today. I should be getting some silver pandas in capsules tommorow. Im paying £15 each including P&P.

You'll like your silver pandas if you haven't seen one in the flesh before.

yeah, cheered me right up. That and the weather. I know why, its because I bought some BV gold last week and some more today. I should be getting some silver pandas in capsules tommorow. Im paying £15 each including P&P.

Anyone see the bit about gold on Friday's Tonight with Martin Lewis?....... had that awful property ramping bitch Rosie Millard on which was quite hilarious as she looks really desperate now. Martin Lewis went to Baird & Co. and spoke to Tony Baird who has talked about golds impressive performance these last few years. Hope the link works ok:

http://www.itv.com/ITVPlayer/Video/default...mp;Filter=35336

So there you go - gold is now mainstream and the general public in the UK are now going to pile in at the top and push it even higher :rolleyes:

Thanks - I ve only realised what this post is about. Normally I skip anything to do with MSE and Martin Lewis doh.

No-one on here tonight worried about today's plunge? What are views? Just a timely correction or the start of a tradeable move down? [P.S. I know some of you on here don't think there is any sense in trading PMs so you needn't tell me again]

If you're looking at the Kitco chart, them the scale/difference from top to bottom is only $40 (at least currently..), so the big graph on that small scale looks worse than it actually is! Having said that, it has punched downwards through $900, but its been dancing around this level for the last week or so.

Currently I'm more interesting in watching the pound rally :)

No-one on here tonight worried about today's plunge? What are views? Just a timely correction or the start of a tradeable move down? [P.S. I know some of you on here don't think there is any sense in trading PMs so you needn't tell me again]

no... not worried. I have only been buying gold for about 6 months, and have notices that every time it starts dipping like this, people worry... shout its the end of the bull market... only to see it rocket up even higher.

I felt this dip in my bones, so did not buy and the recent peak - as I have done that before and only worried when heading down in to the dip.

Glad I held out, I'll be buying at about wednesday this week.

TOO MANY GOLD BULLS - be very careful now!

I have seen polls where 90%+ of the people polled were bullish on gold.

From my Feb. diary:

Dash for cash - Why?

People have become too bullish on gold.

Something like 90% of people polled were saying that Gold was a "Buy." Here's a question: If you thought gold was headed higher to $1,000 or $1,500, would you wait for the market to run up to buy it, or would you have bought already. If those who are planning to buy gold have bought already, who is going to do the buying to lift it higher? This may be a problem for the gold market from here.

I am still long gold shares (quite a few of them in fact), so if Gold runs higher, I will make money.

But I have been lightening up everyday in a "dash for cash"

Interesting view DrBubb - are you thinking just a short term pull back? I guess for those of us who aren't trading it matters not. I'm just holding.

Have you seen this interview from Tony Jensen of Royal Gold, he seems modestly bullish! ;)

Royal Gold's Jensen Sees Strong Precious Metal Demand

Royal Gold's Jensen Sees Strong Precious Metal Demand (Video)

SafeBetter

No, we indeed have to tell you again. Not at least because newbies or guests could get the impression that this forum is about trading gold, and it isn't. When I started the gold thread tradition, trading wasn't my intention at all and I would never ever put "trading" in the title of the thread, as it is right now.

So, newbies and guest, listen: do NOT trade gold. Buy and hold. Trade Google or something less manipulated if you want to trade.

"Fiat currency Bear", that about sums it up.

Interesting view DrBubb - are you thinking just a short term pull back? I guess for those of us who aren't trading it matters not. I'm just holding.

Have you seen this interview from Tony Jensen of Royal Gold, he seems modestly bullish! ;)

Royal Gold's Jensen Sees Strong Precious Metal Demand

Royal Gold's Jensen Sees Strong Precious Metal Demand (Video)

SafeBetter

Bullion sales hit record in stampede to safety

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/359da604-f6d4-11...00779fd2ac.html

The US Mint sold 92,000 ounces of its popular American Eagle coin last month, almost four times that which it sold a year ago and more than it shipped during the whole of the first half of 2007.

Exponential demand for coins.

Inflows into gold-backed exchange traded funds surged in January, pushing their bullion holdings to an all-time high of 1,317 tonnes. Last month’s flows of 105 tonnes were above September’s previous record of 104 tonnes, and absorbed about half the world’s gold mine output for January, said Barclays Capital.

How much of global gold demand is jewellery? I thought it was more than half. But half went into ETFs alone, in January.

70% apparently...

http://www.forexfocusdaily.com/forum/commo...ses-losses.html

High prices are scaring off jewellery buyers, who account for almost 70 percent of global demand for gold.