• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

:o

What has happened to GEI?!

I'm sitting in my favourite cafe in my adopted, laid-back Portuguese town & within one hour of little me (who still can't tell her GLD from her SPY) posting her concerns there are five responses!

Muito obrigado Senhors

Will absorb later; but right now the cheese cake is heaven :)

:o

What has happened to GEI?!

I'm sitting in my favourite cafe in my adopted, laid-back Portuguese town & within one hour of little me (who still can't tell her GLD from her SPY) posting her concerns there are five responses!

Muito obrigado Senhors

Will absorb later; but right now the cheese cake is heaven :)

Sod the gold. Give me cheescake and Portugal.

Muito obrigado Senhors

Jim Willie seems a little hysteric in times, seems to get factual things sometimes wrong, and spreads funny rumours (the embassy thing, which I do not believe). In terms of used cars, I would treat him in the same league as Bob Chapman: don't buy.

Hmmm... to hazard a guess.... Uncertainty? :unsure::lol:

Hmmm indeed, because when I read your posts rh, my fiscal uncertainty dimishes :)

CID have another special offer on Saturday morning (tomorrow). Here's the email:

Dear Customers,

Once again we would like to draw your attention to an upcoming special offer by CoinInvestDirect!

As of early Saturday morning, July 18th 2009, we will be offering a gold coin at a fixed price. As in the past the stocks available under this offer are limited and therefore a maximum order amount per customer will be in place.

We hope this email has caught your attention and we are looking forward to welcome you on our website www.CoinInvestDirect.com .

Kind regards.

Your CoinInvestDirect Team

They don't say which coin and at what price!

I suppose this is their marketing ploy to get people to visit their site more.

CID have another special offer on Saturday morning (tomorrow). Here's the email:

They don't say which coin and at what price!

I suppose this is their marketing ploy to get people to visit their site more.

They've still not sold out of the last special offer - gold has been below the special fixed price since the offer began!

Beta- GS-site : http://tinyurl.com/goldstock

Concentrate on the charts - You can get a quick overview in a glance or two what's happening around the Markets.

I will probably change the stock charts at the bottom and am looking for suggestions of which stock charts to cover.

Right now, I track all the Gold etfs, and that's not necessary, since they all key off

The Major Gold regional etfs: GLD, GBS.L, and HK:2840

Hi DrBubb - how about a currency table (vs. USD) for the majors (GBP, JPY, EUR, AUD, NZD, HKD, CHF etc)

Also USD index & given its importance to gold right now & perhaps Oil?

A few more of the major gold miners would be good eg. Kinross, Yamana, Barrick, Gold Corp etc (perhaps make it too busy, but more links at the bottom)

How about a few ratio charts? Understand these might not be able to be 'real-time' links - unless you know how :rolleyes:

Regards,

SafeBetter

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev pulls new world currency from his pocket

Russia's President, Dmitry Medvedev, pulled the world's new currency from his pocket at the meeting of G8 leaders in the Italian city of Aquila.

- Note: the coin is a gold one.

I wondered why no one on GEI was talking about this yet.

Has been discused over on HPC but I cant find the topic anymore :unsure:

What will this do to gold ?

Is this currency a penny equivalent ? I cant get my head around a new world currency that will

actually be made of gold... wont people just sell it for intrinsic value etc :huh:

Has been discused over on HPC but I cant find the topic anymore :unsure:

What will this do to gold ?

Is this currency a penny equivalent ? I cant get my head around a new world currency that will

actually be made of gold... wont people just sell it for intrinsic value etc :huh:

This is a complete guess on my part but assuming that coin is made of 999.9 gold then it looks to be about 1oz weight.

Intrinsic value is therefore $940.

However, the price tag on the coin is $3900 according to the moscow times :blink:

Examples of the coin, worth $3,900 and produced by the United Future World Currency, a group backing the idea of a global currency, was presented to all world leaders attending the Group of Eight summit in L’Aquila, Italy.

This is a complete guess on my part but assuming that coin is made of 999.9 gold then it looks to be about 1oz weight.

Intrinsic value is therefore $940.

However, the price tag on the coin is $3900 according to the moscow times :blink:

Sounds like a realistic guess of where the price will go in the very near future.

Hmmm... to hazard a guess.... Uncertainty? :unsure::lol:

Certainty. Certainly in my case :rolleyes:

It was a one ounce Krug for £594

They've still not sold out of the last special offer - gold has been below the special fixed price since the offer began!

Wasn’t the last offer a one ounce silver philly? – They’ve sold out

There was a couple of threads last week. Maybe the week before

There have been a couple of threads on this. Here's one.

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....mp;#entry117962

The coins were created by a group promoting closer ties between Europe and the USA, though that information seems to have been lost amid the noise of people putting on their tinfoil hats. And nobody told Medvedev.

Unfortunately I missed that one.

The 2009 1oz Britannia is still available at the "special" price.

The Britannia is not on special anymore. Specials have a buy limit and the title says special in big block letters. http://www.coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=11&id=322

Must be a coincidence that the price now is the same as the old special price.

The silver phillies offer ended in the last few days. They price wasn’t fixed. They were around £11.50.