Probably need to clear their stock of krugs. Seems to me they have been overpriced in recent months.

Krugs should be the cheapest bullion coin, but nice to see that CID adapt to the market.

Was nice to hear a few days back that coin dealers are getting people selling back what they bought in the latter part of last year ("Not waiting for Armaggedon").

The market needs to shake out the weak hands.

Give the goods to stronger hands. We'll look after it.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

http://www.summit.co.za/video/face2face/20090710

In this recent interview Sinclair says that it is historically firm that the price of gold will maximize between Jan. and June 2011, referring to Armstrong.

Does anyone believe so as well? It seems pretty early to me. I would say 2012 earliest to 2015.

http://www.summit.co.za/video/face2face/20090710

In this recent interview Sinclair says that it is historically firm that the price of gold will maximize between Jan. and June 2011, referring to Armstrong.

Does anyone believe so as well? It seems pretty early to me. I would say 2012 earliest to 2015.

If it's based on astrology, I wouldn't take any notice of it.

Is it based on anything sensible?

The silver phillies offer ended in the last few days. They price wasn’t fixed. They were around £11.50.

You can still get them at that sort of price if you have them shipped to a European mainland address (not the U.K.) due to the lower rate of value added tax at 7%.

I reckon it is likely that it will reach his target of USD 1650 by Q1 2011.

However, I don't see why it would necessarily reach it's maximum in H1 2011 unless gold becomes part of some international currency.

Sinclair has repeatedly been saying recently that it will go to Alf's numbers (much higher than 1650) according to Armstrong's timing.

For me it's not the nominal prices which are so important as the purchasing power. Do the important ratios gold/DOW and house/gold look like they will bottom in 2011?

It may take a couple of years longer than that. Also I believe that commodities bull markets historically have lasted 14 to 20 years and we are only about 8 or 9 years into this one.

You can still get them at that sort of price if you have them shipped to a European mainland address (not the U.K.) due to the lower rate of value added tax at 7%.

I bought a small stack of them about three weeks ago. I paid £11.48 each. I expect VAT to be going up in the UK (above 17.5%) soon so it makes sense to load up on silver coins when a buying opportunity comes along.

Welcome to GEI btw

http://www.endfinancialfraud.org/index.php

Welcome to The Worldwide Initiative to Permanently End Financial Fraud.

thanks for the link

the message spreads

maybe most will get it eventually

http://www.endfinancialfraud.org/gold-and-...mic-freedom.php

French philosopher Voltaire once said that as long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities. Belief that freedom and an unsound fiat monetary system can coexist is one such absurdity. As result of this absurd belief, atrocities, such as the major media’s continual refusal to provide adequate coverage to the current global catastrophe of more than one billion hungry people, can materialize.

Under our current fiat monetary system, the financial oligarchs that control the world’s central banks will continue to feed speculative bubbles because there is no way for the people to call their bluff other than exchanging one form of fraudulent money for another form of fraudulent money. People that tried to protect themselves from dollar devaluation through the use of currency hedges discovered the futility of doing so at the end of last year and the beginning of this year when Euros, British Pounds, and Australian all plummeted by 25% to 30% in a matter of weeks. If the World Series of Poker operated under the same rules as our current monetary system, the richest man or woman to enter the tournament would win every single tournament. No matter his hand, if there was no way to call his bluff, he could raise the pot every round to such rich levels that he could force all other players to fold even under the occasions when he held the weakest hand. Even a poker game is more honest than our monetary system for it allows other players to expose bluffs and walk away victorious.

Under our current monetary system, there is no means to call the bluff of Central Bankers by using other forms of fiat money. The only way to call the Central Bank’s bluff is to buy gold and silver. Understanding this, it is easy to deduce why Central Banks, despite holding loads of gold in their own private reserves, continually attack gold, discredit its role in our monetary system, and seek to drive its price down. If masses of people were to discover and understand the true value of gold in a sound monetary system, then calling the bluff of our current fiat monetary system and causing it to collapse would be possible. Stay tuned, as currently, I’m working on another essay about how awareness around the world can be raised in this matter. Currently, this essay has a working title of “Can Networking Science Help Reinstate a Sound Global Monetary System?”.

New GoldStock-beta website !

Please have a look :: http://goldstock.co.uk/gsnew.htm

I have included loads of charts that should be interesting to many GEI posters.

COMMENTS are most welcome please

xxxh.gif

I am now LIVE with the new: http://www.Goldstock.co.uk

I will change the charts there gradually over time

I think many here may find it to be one of the best GO-TO sites for an update on Gold prices

- As mentioned, Gold/Silver in GBP would be great. Is it a lot of effort to have a duplicate page will all prices in sterling (or have a drop down menu at the top for common currencies on key charts)?

Gold in Pounds is there, in the right column.

The charts come from Kitco, mostly.

So I can only have what they offer

Houses in gold update. Nothing goes down in a straight line. ;)

Thanks for the update, GF.

Straight away, I want to draw trendlines...

1248057252037201900.png

Gold Watch - Commitment of Traders (COT) Report

Anticipating Gold's next move

Since I am preparing to put a substantial amount of money into Gold or Gold etfs,

I have started to track the Commitment of Traders report for gold.

Some of you may find this important indicator of value.

/see: http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=7266

There was a significant Bullish improvement in Commercial Net Shorts from (200,241)

to (186,243) in the latest week. I am target about (100,000) as a "Buy" signal

USDX breaks through 79, currently 78.89.

Gold breaks through $950, currently $952.80

Is the inverse head and shoulders going to complete this week?

UNEXPECTED - to me, the break above $945

zzzzg.gif

And with impressive volume too !

UNEXPECTED - to me, the break above $945

zzzzg.gif

And with impressive volume too !

Arch Crawford seems very positive on Gold for this week, with the eclipse on Wednesday. Which is the longest total eclipse in this century.

Are you still waiting for your $850 low?

This from another thread;

A propos of the drop in the US$ and the pop in US$ Gold, after I started this thread I found this interview by Jay Taylor with Arch Crawford.

He suggested this week's solar eclipse would be devastating to the dollar, and very good for gold:

Jay Taylor interviews Arch Crawford 16 July 2009

The eclipse is Wednesday, I believe.

I hope this week will bring the completion of the much talked about inverse head and shoulders in gold. Which should then mean we are on our way to £1300.

Arch Crawford seems very positive on Gold for this week, with the eclipse on Wednesday. Which is the longest total eclipse in this century.

This from another thread;

I hope this week will bring the completion of the much talked about inverse head and shoulders in gold. Which should then mean we are on our way to £1300.

Why would a solar eclipse effect gold or the dollar?

So... I have decided to buy something.

I'm taking the "easy option": I still have a spread on: Jan.2011 "Bull Spread":

+ Jan.2011.$ 90calls

- Jan.2011,$100calls

I am buying back some $100 calls, locking in a profit

I sold them at $16, and am now buying back some at $11 or so, to lock-in a profit,

and leave a full window to the upside, using the $90 calls. They cost me: $19-20,

and this profit reduces my cost to $14-15, for a breakeven of near $104.50, and

about 18 months to run.

I am still a bit sceptical about this move, but the heavy volume convinced me to add to me longs.

== ==

Two negative things:

Corn has been wee\ak the last few days (& it tends to lead oil), and

Meantime, oil has given up $0.80 of its gains, and may be rolling over.

Will this weakness spill over into Gold in NY trading, and moderate the strength we saw in London?

I dont know, but felt compelled to move by that London heavy trading volume in GBS.L

Sideways for the summer I think... and maybe stratospheric after the summer on the next meltdown in the markets. :rolleyes:

Yesterday somebody posted a link to an audio interview with Peter Schiff, but I don't remember which thread it is in (or was it at HPC?).

Could somebody point me to it?

An interesting point he made about the U.S. housing market is that he thinks it will not find a bottom until interest rates find a top. So on that basis the bottom could still be several years off.

Today, dollar down and gold up quite a bit, but less so in euros than dollars. USD 1.4221 to buy one euro. :o