Steve, just to remind you we could do with an October gold thread.

Thxs Warpig; sincerely. This forum can be so refreshing; any lesser soul would have said 'need an October thread'.

Re the minor spat between certain respected posters (well I respect them) - (& we all know who started it; & he deserves a spanking! :) )

Guys, may I remind you that the Romans are the enemy, not the Judean People's Front, OK?

If ever there was a time to stand together ........... :rolleyes:

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Thxs Warpig; sincerely. This forum can be so refreshing; any lesser soul would have said 'need an October thread'.

Re the minor spat between certain respected posters (well I respect them) - (& we all know who started it; & he deserves a spanking! :) )

Guys, may I remind you that the Romans are the enemy, not the Judean People's Front, OK?

If ever there was a time to stand together ........... :rolleyes:

You are very funny LauraB. :lol:

FWIW I find all the photographs on this thread tedious and lower the level of debate. Just my view. I hope we don't get lots of personal arguments between posters contaminating what is otherwise a great forum.

I'm back in the UK soon and will inspect my sovs from CID. Has anyone here ever got a dud one (fake) from CID? I did contemplate getting a FIsch coin checker but they are out of stok at moment it would appear. Any clues on how else to check a sov? Or are CID so reliable I don't need to worry?

If you have gold and silver coins its a good idea to get some scales. Digital ones that measure 0.01 grams can be had on ebay for about £10. I check that they are the same thickness and diameter and about the same weight. A stack of victorians is taller (and more wobbley) than a stack of elizebeths though. The weight is 3.99 for a half and 7.98 for a full. This varies slightly depending on wear and the accuracy of the scales. 0.01grams is a tiny amount. I dont think you will have any trouble from CID. I have not had a fake yet from anyone. Not that I know of anyway!

From the Forbes article:

"There's been a lot of demand for gold held in Switzerland because it's outside the political jurisdiction of the U.S. and Europe"

NOPE! Switzerland seems to be dancing to America's tune of late. I've still got most of my BV and GM stash there though :ph34r:

From the Forbes article:

"There's been a lot of demand for gold held in Switzerland because it's outside the political jurisdiction of the U.S. and Europe"

NOPE! Switzerland seems to be dancing to America's tune of late. I've still got most of my BV and GM stash there though :ph34r:

I sincerely hope on an opening of a reliable "remote controllable" storage facility in Hong Kong. Like GM/BV only based in Hong Kong - truly outside the US's and Europe's jurisdiction.

I sincerely hope on an opening of a reliable "remote controllable" storage facility in Hong Kong. Like GM/BV only based in Hong Kong - truly outside the US's and Europe's jurisdiction.

I actually sent an email to Goldmoney on this very question about 6 months ago. I asked for them to diversify their location of metal vaults - with a vault in Asia a top priority (I recommended Hong Kong). They said they were looking into it. So if enough folks politely ask maybe we can get this thing off the ground. James Turk is well aware of juristiction risk and I sure he will listen to us.

EDIT: Spelling.

Fair point Fortune. I think I would now trust China easily over Switzerland, who are caving in all over the Place withe Polanski and UBS snithching on 7,000 usa pay-triots! :lol:

No such theing anymore of Swiss private bank accounts. Total foooooocking pirates, v v v clever, which is always what they have been.

Same is happening everywhere worldwide, right Bubb and Steve???

Seems strange to me that the gnomes have cracked under pressure. The only thing they have (had) going for them was anonymity - cast iron with no questions asked. Took em a long time to get that reputation and now it has vanished overnight. Any ideas cdswamp about what kind of threats were applied?

Come on you cowards, say something!!! :lol::lol::lol:

20 User(s) are browsing this forum (11 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

8 Members: Adcott, cdswamp, bigtbigt, romans holiday, wren, spike, Schaublin, enrieb  

Even though I agree with 90% of what you write, it could be that you say enough, loud enough, and patronisingly enough, for the rest of us feel its not worth the effort

UK Indie seems be confirming what Jim Willie and others are saying about the pricing of Oil in a different currency. The game is up. Better hope the Americans don't kick over the table and start WWIII:

In the most profound financial change in recent Middle East history, Gulf Arabs are planning – along with China, Russia, Japan and France – to end dollar dealings for oil, moving instead to a basket of currencies including the Japanese yen and Chinese yuan, the euro, gold and a new, unified currency planned for nations in the Gulf Co-operation Council, including Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait and Qatar.

Secret meetings have already been held by finance ministers and central bank governors in Russia, China, Japan and Brazil to work on the scheme, which will mean that oil will no longer be priced in dollars.

The plans, confirmed to The Independent by both Gulf Arab and Chinese banking sources in Hong Kong, may help to explain the sudden rise in gold prices, but it also augurs an extraordinary transition from dollar markets within nine years.

The Americans, who are aware the meetings have taken place – although they have not discovered the details – are sure to fight this international cabal which will include hitherto loyal allies Japan and the Gulf Arabs. Against the background to these currency meetings, Sun Bigan, China's former special envoy to the Middle East, has warned there is a risk of deepening divisions between China and the US over influence and oil in the Middle East. "Bilateral quarrels and clashes are unavoidable," he told the Asia and Africa Review. "We cannot lower vigilance against hostility in the Middle East over energy interests and security."

This sounds like a dangerous prediction of a future economic war between the US and China over Middle East oil – yet again turning the region's conflicts into a battle for great power supremacy. China uses more oil incrementally than the US because its growth is less energy efficient. The transitional currency in the move away from dollars, according to Chinese banking sources, may well be gold. An indication of the huge amounts involved can be gained from the wealth of Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Qatar who together hold an estimated $2.1 trillion in dollar reserves...

Read the rest HERE

Gold Trading or Investing Thread #20: October 2009

To the Moon. Or is the seasonal run in Gold ending?

=================================

Gold Trading Thread #20: October

Is the seasonal run in Gold ending?

Link to:

Start of Sept. thread : http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=7588

End of Sept. thread.. : http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....&start=1340

= = = = =

aug192009_7.jpg

(How many here are "just sure" that that Seasonal Fall is not going to happen,

despite the fact that the late August- early October seasonal rise parallels EXACTLY what we have seen?)

and what's with the sub-title on this month's gold thread?

Will be changed into: "gold going to da moon."

OCTOBER 6th/7th TURN ?

Let's compare that with Larry P.:

Who expects a rally Monday, and maybe Tuesday, into a possible Oct.6th or Oct.7th Turn.

I also note that:

Oct.7th is the central date for a turn in the Gold market.

I looked at the profile of 25 years, and that was the mean date for the Seasonal cycle in Gold to turn.

Interestingly, we are getting a rally towards/ and into (?) that date which is accompanied by light volume,

and very little positive action from Gold shares.

I remain very unimpressed by the Gold rally, and see that the Hedgies are "loaded to the gills"

The response on the "Gold- Be Careful" thread:

What price does this breakout have to get to for you to be impressed, $1050?

You started this thread saying gold may be done here at $925, we are currently $1016.

That is quiet a bit of movement that you have missed, I think you will miss more soon or are you following your convictions and shorting gold.

I HATE being misquoted !

Whare do you think you are posting, HPC?

1/

Here are my actual words from the first post:

"Early/Mid May, is also a fine time for a top"

What happened ? Gold hit a peak of about $1,000 on the first day in June.

2/

I also said that I thought we would see a buying window in the summer,

when I did some modest buying.

3/

I am still net long Gold and Gold shares, albeit I have been selling into this rally.

So I am MAKING MONEY on Gold's rise, albeit not as much as if I had gone

,massively long

4/

I have long been speaking about Oct.6-7th as a seasonal peaking time for gold.

And I bought my first GDX puts yesterday, with GDX near $44.50-$45.

WHAT's the Problem?

On this cycle, I have repeated warned that one should not get wildly bullish on Gold.

And Gold has FAILED to meet the wild expectations that the mad bulls have published

here.

If it slides now, it would mean that I am going to suffer some small losses on the fall.

(But I will probaby make far more on my SPX puts.)

So I hope that Gold and Gold shares carry on for at least a few more days so I can do some more selling

We should have a forum gulag and a forum re-education centre.

NiceJim would make a good warden.

Those who post anything that Halcyon, Sylvester or NiceJim et all do not approve of should be tattooed on the wrist and put on a train. They should be shaved, de-liced and made to work for Dr Bubb Inc in perpetuity.

THAT, sir, is a massive over-reaction.

Shame on you.

I have just started a new thread for OCTOBER 2009:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=7874

Deny the Seasonal patterrn, if you like.

But I suggest that you first be aware of it !