As of last night it started working again, I can only suspect that they fixed it to work with the latest Java VM as my lap top on which I'd not upgraded my Java version never had a problem while my two other machines on which I'd upgraded had a problem for a day or so.

As a general comment maybe it would be better for them to use Flash or Silverlight for their graphs as a number of workplace firewalls block Java.

you have rebooted haven't you ? ;) firefox needs a restart after java upgrade, but full reboot always advised.

;)

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I am hearing rumours from a source that has rarely been wrong.

The source says it's coming soon but doesn't know when.

The source also says if it fails there is going to be a discontinuity.

If I had to bet, friday afternoon in NY trading.

It usually starts with gold stocks being pounded a few hours before the smackdown proper.

Superb call again

:D

ps - can anyone tell me the exact date for the COMEX default, as I would like to set the whole day & night aside with cider & my favourite extra mature cheese & some nice crackers.

If you like a good Cheddar, have you tried 'Black Bomber'? ( it's contained in a black wax). No good for toasting, but beat's every other cheddar style cheese I've ever tried.

http://www.snowdoniacheese.co.uk/

(I don't own any shares -honest!!)

Back on Topic:-

I'd like to see 740-735 hold and the next leg up take out 835-845 on volume. That would be a big confirmation for me.

On Nov 26th gold was 820. 3 trading days later it was 760. We got the smackdown.

I am now hearing rumours from the same source that there is an urgency to try and get it below 600 EUR.

The source also tells me GBP is on the verge of a precipitous slide.

If you like a good Cheddar, have you tried 'Black Bomber'? ( it's contained in a black wax). No good for toasting, but beat's every other cheddar style cheese I've ever tried.

Back on Topic:-

I'd like to see 740-735 hold and the next leg up take out 835-845 on volume. That would be a big confirmation for me.

Well, it is yellow, compact and of high quality... May go smelly when left in a vault for too long though.

On Nov 26th gold was 820. 3 trading days later it was 760. We got the smackdown.

Ahhh crap. I was expecting something more drastic then that! Frickin £'s fault.

I am now hearing rumours from the same source that there is an urgency to try and get it below 600 EUR.

I wonder how many tonnes of gold this latest smackdown from ~EUR645 to ~EUR607 cost them?

They want to smack it again!? hmm... It already seems insanely cheap.

GBP on the edge -> don't sell your gold for pounds! (don't sell for anything?!)

EDIT: GBP looking like it's attacking upper resistance..

Now just under €600, €599.66.

600 seems to have been a line in the sand for some months.

I gotta thank you Cgnao. I always read your posts with great interest, but haven't taken any action, until your latest prediction. I decided to sell a portion of our bullionvault at $816. Plus I sold some juniors. Now I'm sitting on some cash. How long do you reckon this smackdown will last?

I gotta thank you Cgnao. I always read your posts with great interest, but haven't taken any action, until your latest prediction. I decided to sell a portion of our bullionvault at $816. Plus I sold some juniors. Now I'm sitting on some cash. How long do you reckon this smackdown will last?

This is not easy to answer. Sure gold might get the smackdown in dollars but I'm guessing you're buying and selling in GBP?

Well this makes a change. Recently I've got used to watching gold and silver move, and then the US$JPY and others move in the same direction.

So gold would start to drop, and then the US$JPY would start to drop.

Well right now, gold started up, and the US$JPY started down !

It might just be one of those things. But then sometime they've gotta start moving in the right relative directions :D

That's US$ down, GoldUS$ up :D

Well that didn't last long :rolleyes:

Smacked back into step :rolleyes:

cheers for that. :)

oh, & just to keep this post on topic:

GOLD ;)

That precipitous slide thing sounds pretty bad but if your source thinks we're on the verge then, considering what's gone on recently, I assume they must be understating. How do they describe what's happened in the last few months if it's not already a precipitous slide?

That precipitous slide thing sounds pretty bad but if your source thinks we're on the verge then, considering what's gone on recently, I assume they must be understating. How do they describe what's happened in the last few months if it's not already a precipitous slide?

narco posted a pretty provocative chart today over in The Pound is Toast thread:

gbpso1.jpg

Eeek. :unsure: