IMO Panama is still probably the best right now.

"Probably" is the operative word IMHO.

Panama's Supreme Court took a decision the 17th of this month in a libel case brought by HSBC bank USA/Panama against a Canadian expatriate that has far reaching consequences for the country's (in)famous banking and corporate secrecy which has made it a money laundering and tax dodging haven over the years.

http://narcosphere.narconews.com/notebook/...y-launderers-jo

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I have never seen this posted anywhere an Islamic Goldmoney based in Dubai which allows you not only to send payments etc but convert your holdings of gold and silver into physical metal and take delivery!.

http://www.e-dinar.com/html/

Were n't Dubia a large purchaser of Gold just recently. Perhaps one of series of stealth moves to facilitate the dumping of fiat in favour of gold.

"Probably" is the operative word IMHO.

http://narcosphere.narconews.com/notebook/...y-launderers-jo

If one were to base a decision on this guys ramblings well, good luck.

He is totally anti-Panama, years of negative propganda and is real bitter about something...

However, researching this case there appears to be a monumental FU in their judicial system for it to get as far as it has.

On good authority for now, Panama will not open up...

I had a second trip to the BOE museum on Friday I just had to hold that 400oz bar again :rolleyes: it's worth £211000 now.

I also went to the British Museum and stumbled on the money room - for anyone deeply interested in monetary history it's better than the BOE museum in that it has some of the really old money from ancient times although there is not a 400oz gold bar to fondle.

The indestructible value of gold and silver versus all the alternatives is plain to see.

I have been having some fun in photoshop overlaying two of the Approximity logarithmic charts. I thought it may be interesting to see how they compared.

Very nice!

If you add in the price of oil, then everything will become clear. It will show how the credit cruch hit last August and changed the trajectories of gold and silver. And I think silver will be seen as closely tracking oil.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/investing/art...id=166&ct=5

Tumbling pound cheers UK gold investors 29 November 2008

The tumbling pound is good news for UK gold investors who have seen its sterling value hit new heights despite the metal's dollar price falling since the start of the year.

A rally in the price of gold over the past month has seen it rise from about $740 per ounce, at the start of November, to $814 this week.

And while its value remains under the $840 seen at the beginning of 2008, and considerably below its peak of more than $1,000 in July, the falling pound has meant that the dollar-priced precious metal has achieved new heights in sterling terms.

On New Year's Day, £1 was worth $1.99, and an ounce of gold would have cost a UK investor £422, but yesterday £1 was worth $1.53 and, despite its fall in dollar terms since January, that ounce of gold was worth £532 – or 21% more.

The pound was still hovering around the $2 mark when gold hit its $1,011 high in July, translating to about £500.

Investors in the safe haven have seen the gold price yo-yo this year, rising from $840 per ounce at the start of January, to a peak of more than $1,000 in summer, before falling back to below $750 in October.

This fall followed a similar decline at the end of the summer, which had been halted by the acceleration of the global banking crisis after the collapse of Lehman Brothers, in September.

The volatility in the dollar price of gold has not dampened the appetite for the metal dubbed 'the ultimate safe haven'.

UK dealers in physical gold, who sell coins and bullion, have seen queues of investors outside.

However, UK investors have been warned not to rely on the pound weakening further and bolstering their gold investment.

Thomas Becket, head of global investment strategy at PSigma Investment Management and manager of its Balanced Managed Fund of Funds says he is a firm believer in gold in its own right, with $1,000 as a realistic target.

He says: 'I remain very bearish of the pound medium term, but in the short term it is probably oversold, so the positive currency translation might have run its course for now.

'Looking further forward the pound is now seen as a risk asset. With UK rates going down towards 0%, gold's relative attraction is greatly enhanced for UK investors.

'Gold is the ultimate safe haven asset and a proper store of value in difficult times.'

Experts predict that the price of gold should remain firm despite the slowing global economy and the disappearance of fears over inflation, which normally boost its price.

Meanwhile, the pound is predicted to continue to struggle as the Bank of England cuts rates to try and ease the pain of recession and UK borrowing soars to pay for tax cuts and higher Government borrowing.

Howard Archer, chief UK economist at analysts IHS Global Insight, says: 'The pound could obviously go much lower still although we are not convinced that it will given the pretty dismal outlook for the US and the Eurozone as well. However, even if the pound does not fall much further, it seems highly likely to stay at a very low level for an extended period.'

Very nice!

If you add in the price of oil, then everything will become clear. It will show how the credit cruch hit last August and changed the trajectories of gold and silver. And I think silver will be seen as closely tracking oil.

That would be very interesting, but approximity doesn't do a LOG oil chart in GBP. I think you are right that silver is tracking it quite closely. So silver has acted more like a commodity and less like a monetary metal and lost value due to supposed demand destruction.

I was wondering when silver will change to catch up with gold? It appears to always track gold in the end. Maybe as gold starts to increase again, silver will start to catch up.

Ok guys,

I have another £10k to play with since I took advantage of the GBPvsEuro and exchanged some Euro savings, but I need to it relatively liquid - easy in easy out, whorish like. Any suggestions ... tempted to look at an Oil ETF in January or get some more gold coins .... any suggestions?

Wow, so not that similar at all really.

Oh contraire... I see lots of important messages and relationships in these charts: telling clearly that gold is still in the middle of a long-term steady bull trend, oil suffered excess speculation first to the upside and now to the downside, and silver has been pulled between the two.

Consider:

- silver sat below gold on these charts, until oil started increasing in 2005, so pulling silver up with it

- when the credit crunch hit last autumn, oil started its mega-fall, and that pulled silver way back down again (this also explains why a new zone, parallel to the main one, has appeared on GFs silver vs gold chart)

- it is VERY important to note that in the last month or so silver has started to disconnect from oil, signalling renewed core interest in PMs ...and confirming the fundamental reason for the rise in gold these last few weeks

- since oil now has very little further downside (10-20% max, in next 1 or 2 quarters) then there is little or no reason to expect silver to fall much further

- so all we need now is a growing loss of confidence in Western currencies (a no brainer, all things considered) which will push gold much higher still, taking silver up with it (at probably a faster rate, as is usually the case between these two PMs)

Ok guys,

I have another £10k to play with since I took advantage of the GBPvsEuro and exchanged some Euro savings, but I need to it relatively liquid - easy in easy out, whorish like. Any suggestions ... tempted to look at an Oil ETF in January or get some more gold coins .... any suggestions?

Hi Rikk03 - I've dipped my toe into OILB as have a few others on this site.

Do you use some kind of Forex account for currency plays?

SafeBetter

Hi Rikk03 - I've dipped my toe into OILB as have a few others on this site.

Do you use some kind of Forex account for currency plays?

SafeBetter

I have a Euro account and a USD account with Barclays, I moved all my cash / savings out of £ the day before Northern Rock situation hit the news. I needed to move cash into Euros anyway due to having to complete on an apartment in Hungary in Euros. SO it just seemed a good time to move the money then and as it turned out the £ has fallen ever since :lol:

I purchased a fair bit of gold at the same time :lol:

I probably would have done neither if it wasn't for this website.

gold-1129-candlestick.png

The problem is that I really dont understand how you draw your channels...

Its always a bit of guess work but the main descending channel you drew is violated both on the upper and lower bands and dont really seem to fit

makes me a bit skeptical of basing one's analysis on this...

Corr $640 would be a blessing, I can't see it happening from a fundamentals point of view, but if it did I'd be tempted to sell mrs warpig.

Not to slate Ker but, frankly, the levels he's talking about aren't going to happen. I still don't think technical analysis means as much in this environment . . .

Others may have more "direct" comments given the failure of silver to collapse to the $6.60 he forecast recently

Others may have more "direct" comments given the failure of silver to collapse to the $6.60 he forecast recently

Where's Mrs Manners when you want her?

The problem is that I really dont understand how you draw your channels...

you find a strong trendline in time, then you draw a parallel line to the side where prices seem to match the channel boundary, this is totally arbitrary. you can have a lot of diagonal channels in a chart, depends on your imagination only. technical analysis is an art, there are no _fixed_ rules here, and my views are only for sharing ideas, you don't have to believe what I chart.

. . . depends on your imagination only. technical analysis is an art, there are no _fixed_ rules here, and my views are only for sharing ideas, you don't have to believe what I chart.

Quite.

I certainly wouldn't base any entry point decisions on the imagination of a bloke on the internet. Having said that, ol' Philip Manduca at ECU reckons gold could pull back to as low as $650 as well. I presume he's based that on someone's imagination too but then again, he did blush when a Bloomberg presenter beat him over the head with his $80 oil price bottom call . . .

J.P. Morgan report likes gold - from www.gata.org

Dear Friend of GATA and Gold:

A report on gold and gold stocks issued this week by J.P. Morgan Securities Ltd. is positive for many of the reasons GATA has brought to your attention, though of course while it describes central bank involvement in the market the report does not quite frankly acknowledge the intent to suppress the price. An excerpt from the report:

"Gold has been competing with the dollar as a relatively safe haven for investors as stock markets have fallen. Initially, gold and the dollar performed well, but it's wrong to compare dollar strength with the performance of the dollar-denominated gold price since, as the dollar rises, it slows the upward movement of dollar gold. In the less volatile Swiss franc, gold achieved a new all-time high about one month ago. Until the fear-driven flows into the dollar slow, the dollar could continue to rise, but gold's improved visibility may be preparing gold for strength into the year end. We would like to see gold perform in absolute terms, but we are very happy with gold's outperformance of the S&P 500. ..."

You can read the report here:

http://www.gata.org/files/JPMorganGoldReport-11-25-2008.pdf

CHRIS POWELL, Secretary/Treasurer

Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee Inc.

Quite.

I certainly wouldn't base any entry point decisions on the imagination of a bloke on the internet. Having said that, ol' Philip Manduca at ECU reckons gold could pull back to as low as $650 as well. I presume he's based that on someone's imagination too but then again, he did blush when a Bloomberg presenter beat him over the head with his $80 oil price bottom call . . .

Whether we see 650 again would surely depend on whether we see another bout of deleveraging by the hedgies and another panic sell off in the DOW. We could just be in a rally of a few months before the downward trend reasserts itself... most probably with more bank failures, further damage in the real economy and increasing unemployment. Best perhaps to try and keep some powder dry. :)