Commander T's Diary

Just a quick question/poll to anyone who wants to answer, if I release a presentation in DVD format about trend following with all the basic mathematics, theory, percentage calculations all worked through with maybe 20 test charts to test your understanding. Would anyone pay for it and how much would you pay? It would include a basic system with variables that you could alter to suit your style of trading. $100, $50, $25, $10, or NOTHING? (I would hope it would get 1m+ views in one year on Youtube to make the venture worthwhile).

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick question/poll to anyone who wants to answer, if I release a presentation in DVD format about trend following with all the basic mathematics, theory, percentage calculations all worked through with maybe 20 test charts to test your understanding. Would anyone pay for it and how much would you pay? It would include a basic system with variables that you could alter to suit your style of trading. $100, $50, $25, $10, or NOTHING? (I would hope it would get 1m+ views in one year on Youtube to make the venture worthwhile).

Honestly? nothing. Not because I don't think appreciate the work that's gone in, but because there is plenty of free stuff out there already, if you are willing to dig around for it. I really believe that if you want to be successful you've got to put in the legwork, and part of that is watching and listening to as much as you can (and then disregarding a good amount of it...).

Honestly? nothing. Not because I don't think appreciate the work that's gone in, but because there is plenty of free stuff out there already, if you are willing to dig around for it. I really believe that if you want to be successful you've got to put in the legwork, and part of that is watching and listening to as much as you can (and then disregarding a good amount of it...).

Thanks for the response! I was thinking making 75% of the presentation free on Youtube - and add some extras (not vital) and put this on a DVD if anyone wants to pay for a nice box, some extra videos etc. I guess until I produce something, I would have to experiment.

blnx.PNG

This one looks interesting. I've spoken about the dot com boom part two before (on this oldish ADVFN thread); people are going to make fortunes! (just make sure you get out with the loot!)

BLNX is like a youtube INTERNET channel who has recently signed up with Tesco to take on the media-on-demand challenge. I've pretty much ignored BLNX, but I can't now. It has started to push the partnership recently with a TV ad campaign. Can it clear the 200p level? Not quite yet, but I may look to add this one next week.....

Real life is Grand Theft Auto - bookmakers, loan shops, drug dealing are the main economies for many towns;

"There are six bookmakers, one more is on its way, and five loan shops. Even if you are on JSA you can borrow money from Speedy Cash. It's the main business around here.Take dole, turn it into weed, sell them, take your profits and put them into the machines. If you win, you are quids in. If you lose, you get cash from the money shops to cover your losses. Back to dole and buying drugs. There's nothing else around here to do."

The spread of betting shops in this part of the north-west is astonishing. Manchester city centre has 26. A few miles away in deprived Cheetham Hill, dubbed the "Bronx of Britain" for gang violence, there are four bookies in the high street, with another scheduled.Such bunching could be linked to the fact that bookmakers are limited to four machines a shop. As the machines are hugely lucrative the betting industry has bypassed the restriction by opening branches in high streets – "clustering" in poorer areas.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/nov/08/gambling-machines-drug-money-laundering-bookies

I don't think we'll ever see taxation on BTL and Golf courses as they are for the preserve of the richer social economic groups. The turkeys won't vote for Christmas.

It is noticeable when you use Google maps to look at your local area. If you go to google maps, type in your town and "golf courses" it will bring up a list. In Southampton there are about 9 golf courses. I can understand people like playing golf and generally people who play golf do not want other people on the course, and they will travel to the quieter ones if they are going early in the morning or off peak times isn't quiet enough. So there will always be a market to open new a golf course.

(^if anyone noticed that video, I created it)

I am disappointed about Rand Paul who'd I thought would follow up with Ron Paul's (Father) hard work about honest money and a strive for world peace. But in one generation it appears he does not feel as strong as Rand Paul, and he is more pro-establishment.

Abby Martin of RT news explains;

Who is Abby Martin? She is a an independent media broadcaster in the US spotted by RT news and now funded by them;

Abby is great ... and very honest

We should pay attention to her views on Paul-the-Younger

Abby is great ... and very honest

We should pay attention to her views on Paul-the-Younger

She is - brave in sticking her neck out.

Shame about Rand Paul though. You'd think with all that Ron Paul rhetoric, the son, Rand Paul would be willing to explain to Abby Martin what is going on. Technically they are on the same side.

"I cannot look at myself in the mirror; everything I have believed in I have had to reject. This environment only makes sense through the prism of trends."

"I can no longer say I am bearish. When markets become parabolic, the people who exist within them are trend followers, because the guys who are qualitative have got taken out,"

Hugh Hendry

(give me a buzz if you need a primer on trend following Hugh!)

I didn't sleep well last night. I don't normally post prophecies but I'll jot it down in this diary as that is what it is for!

God has given me a partial power in looking into the future. I don't think there is anything credible or scientific in it, but it has been a useful asset in life. Some people may call it luck, some people call it just being prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

---

I believe there will be, maybe one more financial shock to the system or some revelation that leads to a shock. This will happen in the next three months. It may not happen but there is always good reason to be ready.

I am not advocating selling everything and running for the hills. I am neither calling a top in the markets, so this is not a trade either. I am advocating to be more careful with any trades, and raise some cash for the rest of this winter. Maybe have some extra food on hand, and keep your fuel tank more than half full. Be prepared to share and help others.

Best of luck everyone.

Hargreaves Lansdown, a UK broker has a stock market show. How exciting! It reminds me of the defunct working lunch show on the BBC.

^19th Nov 2013

Let see where these stocks are that were discussed are, in 3 months time...

BSY - 834p

I am neutral, it must break 1000p

VOD - 229p

I am bullish, it must hold 220p

SBRY - 408p

I am bullish, it must hold 400p

TSCO - 354p

I am neutral, it must break 400p

LLOY - 75p

I am bullish, it must hold 70p

BARC - 259p

I am neutral, it must break 350p

HSBA - 689p

I am neutral, it must break 750p

RSA - 106p

I am neutral, although it if it falls past 100p I become bearish.

AV. - 428p

I am bullish, it must hold 400p

PRU - 1278p

I am bullish, it must hold 1200p

BP. - 490p

I am neutral, but not far for me to become bullish if it can break 500p

RDSB - 2200p

I am nuetral. To it could go either way, to be bullish, break 2500p and bearish if 2000p doesn't hold.

Another Festive period, another "Black Friday" consumer zombie mania!

If The Madness of Crowds was rewritten, it would include such modern phenomena.

Have these people not heard of INTERNET shopping or saving up for what they want?

More http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25151956

Another Festive period, another "Black Friday" consumer zombie mania!

If The Madness of Crowds was rewritten, it would include such modern phenomena.

Have these people not heard of INTERNET shopping or saving up for what they want?

More http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25151956

Imbeciles, all of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLvT6Ib7wP8

This recently came out (the charts date from Dec 2013) - watch it all - they want your money!

The bait is double digit+ returns!

I think the UK property market will have another up leg after Christmas possibly....

----

To add I don't remember seeing such investment pumping of builders and funds before the financial crisis. It was always the actual commodity that was pumped on TV. Perhaps shares and funds will make their way on TV.

Archived