As we kick-off a new monthly thread...

The Start of Something Good?

cdnxtogoldjt4.png

It has pushed up to the downtrend line ... And this time it does not look over-extended.

We should know whether it can make it through this line within this week

Edit:

The previous thread is here:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index....ost&p=44826

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

158,000+ views in June - that's alot !

==

I have kicked off a new thread for JULY:

http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/index.php?showtopic=3507

Itr might be good to start it on a Monday morning, I thought

I'm reposting this, as Dr Bubb started this thread as I was creating the post!

Look how strangely the 6hr gold chart resembles the 5yr one. Fractal? It looks parabolic to me!

You could do some reading on this (if you want). :)

http://www.amazon.com/Selfsimilar-Processe...s/dp/0691096279

Selfsimilar Processes (Princeton Series in Applied Mathematics) (Hardcover)

by Paul Embrechts (Author) "Selfsimilar processes are stochastic processes that are invariant in distribution under suitable scaling of time and space (see Definition 1.1.1)..."

Wow, thanks, that looks fascinating. (off to the bookshop..)

Try "Chaos" by Gleick, or Mandelbrot's original text "The Fractal Geometry of Nature".

This material is more important than relativity theory.

It also gives the lie to Global warming ( and chart analysis).

Nick

Reposting (from weekend post on previous bb) to seek comment from this new bb...

Oil rose steeply from ~30 to get to 70, then plateaued for about 1 year in a range of 60-70.

Gold rose steeply from ~300 to get to 700, then plateaued for about 1 year in a range of 600-700.

Next, oil started its big run up at the START of 2007, it hesitated at 90-100, but then picked up again in Feb 2008 (speculators) to reach 140 (or more)

Whereas, gold started its big run up in the AUGUST 2007, it hesitated at 900-1000, but.... [prediction would be...] then picked up again in SEPT/OCT 2008 to reach 1400 (or more)

What's the opinion on here about GBPUSD? We're at 1.99 right now, but it looks like a dead cat bounce to me. I need to transfer cash to the US, so I think I am going to do that sooner rather than later.

Someone over on HPC called them the ugly sisters.. :lol:

Personally, I think the GBP is doomed in a lag behind the USD, so it will fall but picking the optimal point is like jumping from a helicopter onto a moving truck!

Does anyone think we might see sub 900 again? I’ve only got a few crumbs of gold atm. I can’t fill my boots till 22nd July when a savings scheme matures. I could do with a price drop.

Yeah, I am in the same "boot"... but even worse, can't load up until August :unsure:

If I remember correctly, some commentators on FSN/ goldseek are still calling for movement between these levels and 850. Here's hoping. :P

Reposting (from weekend post on previous bb) to seek comment from this new bb...

Oil rose steeply from ~30 to get to 70, then plateaued for about 1 year in a range of 60-70.

Gold rose steeply from ~300 to get to 700, then plateaued for about 1 year in a range of 600-700.

Next, oil started its big run up at the START of 2007, it hesitated at 90-100, but then picked up again in Feb 2008 (speculators) to reach 140 (or more)

Whereas, gold started its big run up in the AUGUST 2007, it hesitated at 900-1000, but.... [prediction would be...] then picked up again in SEPT/OCT 2008 to reach 1400 (or more)

I am really hoping for that situation where gold dawdles about before taking off later in the year. I am in the frustrating situation of having cash in the bank but not being able to swap it for gold as am out of the country. I get back in early August and I imagine that will be my last purchase of metals. I hope to sit back and relax after that. :rolleyes:

I am really hoping for that situation where gold dawdles about before taking off later in the year. I am in the frustrating situation of having cash in the bank but not being able to swap it for gold as am out of the country. I get back in early August and I imagine that will be my last purchase of metals. I hope to sit back and relax after that. :rolleyes:

Get a BullionVault or GoldMoney account. Then you could do it online.

What's the opinion on here about GBPUSD? We're at 1.99 right now, but it looks like a dead cat bounce to me. I need to transfer cash to the US, so I think I am going to do that sooner rather than later.

Goldfinger... I am shocked; somehow I couldn't imagine you holding any of that funny money stuff. :lol:

Get a BullionVault or GoldMoney account. Then you could do it online.

Problem is I am now stuck in Korea, and I believe you need to go through some identification process with the online bullion accounts.

Also, I doubt if I can transfer funds from New Zealand without first setting up some arrangements with them first.

Any advice anyone? Bloody frustrating having the money out of reach. I have been buying each month here in Korea, but I am hoping to put a decent amount, which is in NZ, also into gold/silver.

Bubb,

Any chance when new threads are created to replace last months there is a link to the previous thread in the first post?

Good idea.

I normally do that, but forgot this time.

It will be added. / done already by someone else

Someone over on HPC called them the ugly sisters.. :lol:

Personally, I think the GBP is doomed in a lag behind the USD, so it will fall but picking the optimal point is like jumping from a helicopter onto a moving truck!

It reminds me of the 007 film, when he freefalls to a plane.

Tricky :D

Problem is I am now stuck in Korea, and I believe you need to go through some identification process with the online bullion accounts.

Also, I doubt if I can transfer funds from New Zealand without first setting up some arrangements with them first.

Any advice anyone? Bloody frustrating having the money out of reach. I have been buying each month here in Korea, but I am hoping to put a decent amount, which is in NZ, also into gold/silver.

I think the easiest, but not the cheapest method, would be to give Michael O'Kane a ring at the NZ Mint.

They will store it for you. So all can be done via internet banking in NZ$.