Problem is I am now stuck in Korea, and I believe you need to go through some identification process with the online bullion accounts.

Also, I doubt if I can transfer funds from New Zealand without first setting up some arrangements with them first.

Any advice anyone? Bloody frustrating having the money out of reach. I have been buying each month here in Korea, but I am hoping to put a decent amount, which is in NZ, also into gold/silver.

Bullionvault allows you to do online identification, i.e. scan and email passport and take a screen shot of bank account with appropriate details.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

I think the easiest, but not the cheapest method, would be to give Michael O'Kane a ring at the NZ Mint.

They will store it for you. So all can be done via internet banking in NZ$.

I like this idea. You don't happen to have his number handy? :unsure:

EDIT: just found it on the net^^

Does anyone think we might see sub 900 again? I’ve only got a few crumbs of gold atm. I can’t fill my boots till 22nd July when a savings scheme matures. I could do with a price drop.

Maybe,

This rise has been sharp and fast, maybe too sharp and fast.

I have some dry powder but am not buying into this rally, I'm a tad P'd off as I wanted so badly to buy at 16.60 silver last week but no money - missed it DRAT!

If there is a pullback look at numbers around 917, 908, 890/895, 875. I can't imagine 875 with all the bullish news at the moment but it's always possible when you have A PPT.

917/915 may be the pullback target. That's where gold broke out of an inverted head and shoulder pattern.

Good Luck!

Am I the only one looking at whether gold breaks above 935 :D

It's mighty close.

935 not gonna be easy but any move past it and gold is clear all the way to 950.

Goldfinger... I am shocked; somehow I couldn't imagine you holding any of that funny money stuff. :lol:

:lol: Right. No, in fact I am moving it there to SPEND it soon. Overall, we're effectively short USD because of the student loan of my wife.

Same boat for me. Just opened and validated my Bullion Vault account last week (it can all be done online), and I'm now waiting for the money to transfer across from my bank. The money won't be there until wednesday!

I'm also in the process of setting up a goldmoney account - it's much more of a pain to sort out.

Yeah, I am in the same "boot"... but even worse, can't load up until August :unsure:

If I remember correctly, some commentators on FSN/ goldseek are still calling for movement between these levels and 850. Here's hoping. :P

Same boat for me. Just opened and validated my Bullion Vault account last week (it can all be done online), and I'm now waiting for the money to transfer across from my bank. The money won't be there until wednesday!

I'm also in the process of setting up a goldmoney account - it's much more of a pain to sort out.

Welcome pieshop. I use BV and GM as well. It's well worth going through the validation processes since it is a very convenient way for smaller investors to buy and store physical gold and silver bullion.

It's been a good run for gold recently. That $935 - $950 will be tough is a given but there'll be lots of speculators with buy orders on the other side of 936 so wee'll probably get a boost like we did at 900. Even so, I get the feeling that this rally feels a little fragile . . . Maybe that notion will evaporate once the usual NY smackdown attempt passes . . . ;)

Have you used BACS to transfer your money? Mine transferred in over night. Check your sort code here.

http://www.apacs.org.uk/sortcodechecker/index.html

I put a few quid into BV last week so I could practice buying and selling before I turned up with proper amounts of money.

Welcome pieshop. I use BV and GM as well. It's well worth going through the validation processes since it is a very convenient way for smaller investors to buy and store physical gold and silver bullion.

Hi GF,

Why use both BV and GM? Wouldn't one or the other suffice?

Cheers

Tinecu

I used BACS but Cahoot don't have the fast transfer operating yet - very annoying. I did a small amount first to try, and then 2 days later did 10K, and neither of them has gone through yet. Next I have to decide percentage of STR pot (230K) to put into pm's, and then percentages to gold/silver. It's all a bit stressful !

Have you used BACS to transfer your money? Mine transferred in over night. Check your sort code here.

http://www.apacs.org.uk/sortcodechecker/index.html

I put a few quid into BV last week so I could practice buying and selling before I turned up with proper amounts of money.

Thanks for the welcome G0ldfinger

After a couple of months of prevarication I have decided having a percentage of my pot in pm's is just common sense right now. Most of the prevarication was caused because I was thinking of holding physical gold, and was unsure of security. BV and GM has made the decision much easier :D

Not sure that BV do silver . . .

Correct. BullionVault do gold only (so far), Goldmoney does silver and gold. I found the setup for BV more straightfoward than GM. Also, the transaction costs with GM are higher too at ~5% but it is convenient if you want silver.

Looks like the profit taking after recent price rises has run its course. I feared a bigger pullback today, but I think its maybe now over.

Gold has some real legs it seems!

bug9er ...hate it when I'm wrong :(

[i was expecting this fall, but just assumed it would happen on US open]

I am really hoping for that situation where gold dawdles about before taking off later in the year. I am in the frustrating situation of having cash in the bank but not being able to swap it for gold as am out of the country. I get back in early August and I imagine that will be my last purchase of metals. I hope to sit back and relax after that. :rolleyes:

To set up a BullionVault account you need only:

1) either a passport or National ID card or driving licence. With a photo of you is essential.

2) a copy of your bank account statement

ONLY this bank account can be used for funding your BV account and for cash to be withdrawn from BV to your bank account. No other bank account can be used. This helps protect the customer from theft.

The 2 documents should be scanned or shot with a digital camera. Quality good enough to read and see the picture suffices. You need only the top part of the bank statement with the account details, your name and address.

If you don't have a camera or scanner you could probably find an internet cafe or photocopy shop who could scan them and give you the files on diskette.

Set up the BullionVault account online giving your name and address etc. That is free and they give you 1 g of gold and one dollar, one pound and one euro. They email you saying your account exists and that you should validate it.

Validate your account by logging into your account and sending via their website the 2 documents. The transfer is encrypted. They say allow 3 working days for your account to be validated. In practice it is likely it will be done in 1 day. They will send you an email saying it is now validated.

Now send funds from your bank account to your BV account (you can fund the account before validation but I preferred to see it validated first).

I suppose if you can't tranfer from your account using the internet you'd have to wait until you're back home.

Then buy gold. (BV don't do silver unfortunately.)