These plunges on New York open certainly look suspicious. But if they are statistically more likely as much analysis on the net suggests, why are traders not taking the opportunity profit on the pattern and bleed the fed dry.

Why are we all not selling a 9pm EST and buying at 11 EST every day and generating one huge elongating spot price sine wave?

Plunge worked nicely for me today!! (sold some this morning @975, set the order up and bought back in @966!)

yipee..

Note to self: must STOP getting addicted to trading. One day it's going to go wrong and Au is going to skyrocket.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

These plunges on New York open certainly look suspicious. But if they are statistically more likely as much analysis on the net suggests, why are traders not taking the opportunity profit on the pattern and bleed the fed dry.

Why are we all not selling a 9pm EST and buying at 11 EST every day and generating one huge elongating spot price sine wave?

I don't think it's COMEX opening. CGNAO said something about it being after the London pm fix which is at 3pm, looks like 3.30 on the nose to me for the last couple of weeks. And yes, I am gonna try (cautiously) playing it tomorrow.

ORDER hit / I bought some GDX. Sep.$45calls at $5.20

GDXIS GDX SEP 2008 45.0000 CALL

Last [Tick] 5.10[ - ]

Change -1.30

% Change -20.31%

Open 6.30 / Volume 20

Day High 6.30 / Day Low 5.10

==

Some will recall, that I traded out of July calls when GDX was between $49.20-50.20

I don't think it's COMEX opening. CGNAO said something about it being after the London pm fix which is at 3pm, looks like 3.30 on the nose to me for the last couple of weeks. And yes, I am gonna try (cautiously) playing it tomorrow.

London PM Fix

USD 977.50

GBP 488.799

EUR 615.515

goldoe6.gif

Witness the "free market".

They are so desperate they are no longer bothering to cover their tracks.

Can't say I'm convinced your average bank clerk could legally act as a bank officer, but if GoldMoney are happy with it then all to the good!

"A bank officer is an employee of a bank endowed with the legal capacity to agree to and sign documents on behalf of the institution. The title is usually held by branch managers, assistant managers, loan officers, and other experienced personnel. Executives and others holding titles such as "Vice President" are considered officers of the bank for legal purposes.

The title is also used to designate those branch personnel who act in a supervisory capacity. In larger banks, an officer at the branch level sometimes reviews accounts and makes decisions on whether to honour NSF items or to return them. Such decisions are usually left up to those who are legally responsible to act on behalf of the bank."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_officer

Can't say I'm convinced your average bank clerk could legally act as a bank officer, but if GoldMoney are happy with it then all to the good!

"A bank officer is an employee of a bank endowed with the legal capacity to agree to and sign documents on behalf of the institution. The title is usually held by branch managers, assistant managers, loan officers, and other experienced personnel. Executives and others holding titles such as "Vice President" are considered officers of the bank for legal purposes.

The title is also used to designate those branch personnel who act in a supervisory capacity. In larger banks, an officer at the branch level sometimes reviews accounts and makes decisions on whether to honour NSF items or to return them. Such decisions are usually left up to those who are legally responsible to act on behalf of the bank."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_officer

You are right. Checked application. The bank clerk held a senior teller position and the application in principle was approved by the branch manager beforehand. GM also do their job properly. Me? I think I have double posted! Sorry

The comedy sylings of nasdaq.com

Gold Drops Sharply As Hedge Appeal Softens

(RTTNews) - Gold dropped sharply on Wednesday and retreated from a recently-seen multi-month high. August gold moved to $960.00, down $18.70 on the session. The drop came as the U.S. dollar rebounded against the euro and sterling and crude oil prices fell again.

The precious metal's hedge appeal took a hit as the U.S. dollar bounced back from a recently-seen record low against the euro and multi-month low against the British pound. Meanwhile, crude oil plunged again on Wednesday after a surprise build in inventories and moved to a three-week low. Prices hit as low as $132.00, oil's lowest mark since June 25.

Gold added $5 on Tuesday amid choppy trading. Prices touched as high as $987.50 in electronic trading, gold's highest level since mid-March, before turning lower in the mid-morning.

Gold added to a multi-month high on Monday amid concerns over the struggles of mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The metal added to its gains from Friday when it added $18.60 for the session.

On the economic front, traders learned consumer prices accelerated higher in June at the fastest pace in 27 years, boosted by rises in food and energy. However, the core consumer inflation rate ticked up as well, topping the pace predicted by economists. The U.S. Labor Department revealed that its consumer price index climbed by 1.1% in June compared to the previous month. This represented a marked acceleration from May, when consumer prices were up 0.6%.

So basically gold's hedge appeal has softened due to higher than expected inflation and chaos in the banking system :lol:

Can you believe my GP's charge £45 to validate passports?!

Maybe too late and problem solved, but all solicitors are Commissioners of Oaths and (as a solicitor) I have done attested to signatures in this capacity as recently as today.

The law imposes a max £5 charge for witness as commissioner.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/si/si1993/Uk...932297_en_1.htm

As you can imagine, solicitors don't like to advertise this fact. If the bank officer doesn't work out, then ring up your local solicitor.

Gawd-deemed Blimpberg !

Once again, they have cutaway in the middle of Ron Paul's question- the highlight

of the morning's testimony

Doing their best, to keep sheeple dumbed-down

quote from a coment on youtube

CNBC are corporate fascists. Yesterday when Senator Tester asked about the dollar being devalued 40% over the last 5 years, CNBC cut away to do a quick market report - until all such talk was over!

Bloomberg cut away during Paul today as well

conspiracy?

Maybe too late and problem solved, but all solicitors are Commissioners of Oaths and (as a solicitor) I have done attested to signatures in this capacity as recently as today.

The law imposes a max £5 charge for witness as commissioner.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/si/si1993/Uk...932297_en_1.htm

As you can imagine, solicitors don't like to advertise this fact. If the bank officer doesn't work out, then ring up your local solicitor.

Yes, just to clarify I didn't pay anyone £45, my friendly next door neighbour bobby did it for free, just so you don;t all think I;m a dullard... :rolleyes:

Is that a yes to GM accepting a GP's validation?

Sorry, not sure actually I just noticed this on the price list on the wall when I was in there once

Has the guy in your avatar just had his validated or has he been subjected to the insertion of a hot poker in an inconvenient place?

Probably just been wacked by Pigsy again, or gutted he missed the last pullback.

Hurray! Wells Fargo income plunged only to 53 cent per share, and not to 50 cent per share.

The financial crisis is officially over. Sell ALL your gold.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and

Consumer Prices Surge at 2nd Fastest Pace in 26 Years

and

SoCal Home Prices Plunge 29.3 Percent in June (Realisbear should be happy)

Could somebody who is a chartist here tell me if that's a Head and Shoulders on the Dollar daily chart?

Dollar vs ?

oh...i'm not a good chartist btw but i'd imagine you would need something to compare it against