• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

can someone tell me why congress delays bailout approval ? Is there anything else they can do ? no, right?

As Ologhai Jones linked on another thread, there are certain reasons that are probably not in the mainstream media:

http://forum.globalhousepricecrash.com/ind...showtopic=41273

Basically, is McCain using this to his own advantage - will he be the 'saviour' <_<

or....... are the American people being listened to? :unsure:

can someone tell me why congress delays bailout approval ? Is there anything else they can do ? no, right?

They will approve a bail out of the financials otherwise the state will collapse. The terms under this happens will be the greatest change in US politics for decades, so as you can imagine every congressman wants to use the opportunity to achieve their political objectives and are prepared to let the global economy suffer in a game a political chicken. The most apathetic about the plight of humanity will win, since the others will reach a state of desperation quicker.

I just lost my Gold Virginity!!! Cgnao frightened me enough to head to fortress Kitco, where I bought a 1oz .999 gold bar! The coins were about 30 dollars more expensive, but it was explained to me that they have a minimum value of 50 dollars..... ..

I asked about silver.... none to be had. They don't have stock, the mints don't have stock..... I was surprised they had any gold in, actually. There were more people there than I expected, too.

I just lost my Gold Virginity!!! Cgnao frightened me enough to head to fortress Kitco, where I bought a 1oz .999 gold bar! The coins were about 30 dollars more expensive, but it was explained to me that they have a minimum value of 50 dollars..... ..

I asked about silver.... none to be had. They don't have stock, the mints don't have stock..... I was surprised they had any gold in, actually. There were more people there than I expected, too.

It's nice to look at and touch............ Isn't it? ;)

It's nice to look at and touch............ Isn't it? ;)

I don't know about touch.... it's still sealed in its plastic wrapper. And will remain so.... to reduce wear / weight loss!!!

But yes, it looks good. It looks like it actually has worth, not like the wad of paper I swapped for it. Even though it cost me 100 bucks more than if I'd bought it a couple of weeks ago.

I took care of my silver virginity this week, gonna take care of my golden virginity next week!

Got Gold? The real stuff, not the paper or pixel on a screen variety.

Better hurry up..

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080926/mint_gold_coins.html

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. Mint is temporarily halting sales of its popular American Buffalo 24-karat gold coins because it can't keep up with soaring demand as investors seek the safety of gold amid economic turbulence.

D-Day has arrived! GS is only 627 contracts net short on TOCOM. We must be very close to a gold price explosion. They will probably want to get on the long side if they can but they have eliminated their exposure at least on the TOCOM. It is probably a matter of days, not weeks, months or years.

Cheers

Adrian

Bill,

ANOTHER NEW RECORD LOW GOLD SHORT POSITION IS ACHIEVED BY GOLDMAN SACHS ON TOCOM

In the September 24 session on the TOCOM Goldman Sachs COVERED 405 short contracts and bought 704 long contracts to bring their long position to 1,889 contracts and their net short position to 627 contracts. YES, THAT IS SIX HUNDRED AND TWENTY SEVEN CONTRACTS NET SHORT! This is the lowest net short position that Goldman Sachs has ever held in the 33 months that I have been keeping data.

Make no mistake about it THIS IS IT. We are within days of gold exploding. It is a time to forget about trading to make a few bucks and instead be properly positioned for lift off.

Midas_080926.gif

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showpost.ph...postcount=19374

This is very significant. The spike today was a first tremor of what's aroun dthe corner. The GOLDman Sucks and JPMorgan are among the few banks they have decided to keep afloat, by giving away to them for free the prime pieces of failed retails banks like WaMu, and by allowing them to go long (or at least not short) gold now.

This is going to be very interesting.

This is very significant. The spike today was a first tremor of what's aroun dthe corner. The GOLDman Sucks and JPMorgan are among the few banks they have decided to keep afloat, by giving away to them for free the prime pieces of failed retails banks like WaMu, and by allowing them to go long (or at least not short) gold now.

This is going to be very interesting.

Do you think it's still be a reasonable price on Monday? Kitco's shut over the weekend!! :rolleyes:

Do you think it's still be a reasonable price on Monday? Kitco's shut over the weekend!! :rolleyes:

I think +$100/day moves in both directions are now possible. I personally think that one direction is much more likely than the other.

My general point of view is not to rush financial decisions. Anything else is just trying to find a nice dip to buy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080926/ap_on_...ancial_meltdown

Congress restarts troubled bailout talks

.../...

But in a sign of continuing division, House Minority Leader John Boehner demanded that "serious consideration" be given to a radically different proposal that provides no government money up front for a financial rescue.

"If such consideration is not given, a large majority of Republicans cannot — and will not — support" the administration's plan, Boehner said in a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

.../...

There's a sale on at coin invest direct tomorrow. you could grab one then. :rolleyes:

The details:

Special Offer at CoinInvestDirect

Dear Client,

Once again we would like to draw your attention to our next special offer.

This time CoinInvestDirect will be offering the 1oz Krügerrand gold 2008 and the 1/10oz Maple Leaf gold 2008 at a fixed price.

We have put aside certain quantities for this special offer and it will be advertised on our website as of Saturday morning, September 27th 2008. This offer only lasts as long as stocks are available. The maximum order limit will be 5 coins per item per client.

We are looking forward to receiving your orders.

Kind regards.

Your CoinInvestDirect Team

The details:

Special Offer at CoinInvestDirect

Dear Client,

Once again we would like to draw your attention to our next special offer.

This time CoinInvestDirect will be offering the 1oz Krügerrand gold 2008 and the 1/10oz Maple Leaf gold 2008 at a fixed price.

We have put aside certain quantities for this special offer and it will be advertised on our website as of Saturday morning, September 27th 2008. This offer only lasts as long as stocks are available. The maximum order limit will be 5 coins per item per client.

We are looking forward to receiving your orders.

Kind regards.

Your CoinInvestDirect Team

this is where i'm looking to break my gold virginity!

And so...what if we are all wrong?

George Soros, along with other prominent investors, holds no shame in admitting that he gets things wrong from time to time, after all, it's in our nature isn't it? Otherwise senseless wars would not occur, economic crisis would not occur, people would never make mistakes would they? Unless we get things wrong sometimes.

So what if you are wrong? Yes you? What if we are all wrong, what if the hyper-inflationists are wrong, what if the deflationists are wrong? What then?

The point I bring to this table is that our strongly held views can sometimes ensure that differing, and sometimes valid views are blindsided by our strongly held position or view. And these strongly held views can sometimes immediately discount an opposing point of view, without due thought or consideration.

If money is printed to replace money being lost as a result of malinvestment is that inflationary, deflationary or simply keeping things as they were in relation to the initial investment? As far as I can see it may be temporarily inflationary since it brings funds into the system that can be used for another purpose immediately rather than being trapped in a deflating asset. That said the deflating asset will, at some stage, be sold and will realise at least some value, that will then add to the replaced funds at some stage, and therefore add inflation to the system.

Is gold a barometer of inflation? Is it? Is it a barometer of peoples confidence in the banking system/currency? If a barometer of inflation then why should gold reach an inflation adjusted level?

Is it dangerous to visit the same forums day by day Jim Sinclair et al? Without considering other points of view?

Is gold a barometer of inflation? Is it? Is it a barometer of peoples confidence in the banking system/currency? If a barometer of inflation then why should gold reach an inflation adjusted level?

Is it dangerous to visit the same forums day by day Jim Sinclair et al? Without considering other points of view?

I just posted this video elsewhere by Marc Faber. He is bullish on the $ and gold.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=868863712

Being $ bullish I would consider to be a different pov

I would be happy if I was wrong, I beleive there is a real chance of economic meltdown.

If my gold goes down 50% and all is well - I would settle for that.

Cgnao has said the same.

IMO gold is insurance few have made a fortune by owning it but many have preserved wealth in disaster by owning it.

Just for the record I'm 10% in physical Gold/Silver on a 1/5 ratio. I had also purchased Dec Call 800 Gold warrants that I have just bailed out of (lightweight) at a modest profit due to the incapacity of my thinking to concur with gold being much above 800 by year end. You may know me as an amateur (and you would be correct) however I simply cannot connect all the dots to such a comprehensive degree to assert a definitive view that gold will be north of $800 by year end. It appears obvious to many no doubt, but not to me.