After procrastinating about buying gold for nearly a year (I used to be firmly in the deflation camp) the events of the weekend finally convinced me to open a bullion vault account.

Yep, it seems to be about systemic failure now. The market is being crushed and gold continues to climb, which is impressive considering the market is freaking out over deflation.

Today may break the previous record decline of 777 points. Already has dropped 519.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Anyone who's even mildly impressed with Gold's move in USD today really out to look at it in turdy currencies... like GBP or NZD or AUD (or NOK, which is being ripped to shreds lately).

Yes I noticed too:

Gold up, Dollar up

For UK buyers back over £500

< 2% off all time high

Anyone who's even mildly impressed with Gold's move in USD today really out to look at it in turdy currencies... like GBP or NZD or AUD (or NOK, which is being ripped to shreds lately).

Chaos on the currency markets. The aussie down 7% and the kiwi 4% against the "worth a continental" dollar. :o

Gold going back down again does not like round numbers! :lol:

"We looked into the abyss if the gold price rose further. A further rise would have taken down one or several trading houses, which might have taken down all the rest in their wake. Therefore, at any price, at any cost, the central banks had to quell the gold price, manage it. It was very difficult to get the gold price under control but we have now succeeded. The U.S. Fed was very active in getting the gold price down. So was the U.K."

Eddie George, Bank of England, September 1999

here are some guidelines for monday, remember, this is not a secure outlook, it is just an idea and it maybe wrong, always use stops:

gold-live-or-die.png

Ker, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts since todays move appears positive.

From the Ticker Forum: Gold NY Spot and Market Prices Diverging Wildly

Apmex:

Spot

1Oz non collectible St. Gaudens

Delta:

Premium:

29.37%

What about silver? Do you have any data on that? Thanks.

Silver's worse. Even Kitco is advertising on their main page paying $1.35 (still low balling) above spot. For Kitco to do that, shows how desperate they are to get some. Sooner or later the paper market, home to den of thieves, has to re-connect to show physical shortage. The market is currently broken. All it would take is for one large order long to take delivery. Yes, the COMEX would force a cash settlement since they could not deliver but just news of this cash settlement would send the price orbital as it would confirm COMEX short supply.

Oh! Isn't that where a lot the Hpc'ers put their STR funds?

New high in GBP?

Gold looks to be around £508 which is still a quid or three below the high isn't it?

I don't have any money with IceSave, but I withdrew a few grand from Kaupthing Edge yesterday morning at around 7am (about 27 hours ago...)

I guess that makes me part of Iceland's problem.

Gold looks to be around £508 which is still a quid or three below the high isn't it?

I don't have any money with IceSave, but I withdrew a few grand from Kaupthing Edge yesterday morning at around 7am (about 27 hours ago...)

I guess that makes me part of Iceland's problem.

The highest fix was £508.445 on 17th March 2008.