whats so special about the 20th of april?

Its my birthday. Pretty special to me.

Im going to have a birthday cake, jelly and everything.

- But dont think thats what Martin Armstrong has calculated.

(365 * .3) = 109.5

Subtract days in month for Jan, Feb and Mar = 19.5

So 19th April at noon GMT,

Not sure how he calculates his cycles but lets say hes going for a 1dp accuracy, so can we add a range around 18 days either side of that, and hes still on the money, so any significant event from tomorrow for the next 5 weeks will reinforce this notion.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G0ldfinger

• romans holiday

• drbubb

• Steve Netwriter

Finding this very worrying, the past few weeks have been poor. I'm losing faith again, need a good dose of CG!!

My view of things might be skewed because I tend to be looking at the PoG in sterling, but (speaking for myself), I certainly didn't expect gold to get to around £700/oz and keep going without any kind of retracement.

(Again in sterling) the recent 'bottom' was last August, after which there were six months of strident increases, since when there has been a month to six weeks of downtrend. Is this such a worrying development?

(Perhaps I might not have this opinion if I was focused on the PoG in dollars?)

This is just a spring bounce suckers rally, don't get taken in by it. IMO seasonal trends are out the window, the next leg down is coming and the POG will again be in an uptrend.

BTW - Don't forget the majority of the world is bankrupt and the countries that aren't have a symbiotic relationship to these states.

Finding this very worrying, the past few weeks have been poor. I'm losing faith again, need a good dose of CG!!

Keep in mind also that a lot of currencies are all over the place at the moment as investors are first risk averse, then willing to take on risk, depending on the news of the day. My purchasing currency is the US dollar. Gold as priced in the dollar is relatively stable now which seems to be a period of consolidation. I would consider buying at around 850 or 800... and then keep some powder dry just in case.

http://financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/t.../2009/0401.html

Overall, current sentiment readings are no cause for alarm but they are a bit too extended for us to believe that a breakout in Gold is imminent. A correction to $850 or continued consolidation between $880 and $1,000/oz for a number of weeks would likely move these gauges to a more bullish position (in contrary terms). Finally we must remember that analyzing sentiment is more an art form than scientific study. Moreover, sentiment actually follows the trend most of the time. It is best used to predict turning points.

Post QE could ironically see gold go a little lower. Gold previously went up on concerns of a collapse of the banking system. When the market was worried about deflation the premium in the price was due to fear. Now with inflation concerns in the ascendency, investors are thinking about other inflation hedges besides gold. Keep an eye on the commodity currencies as they look to have taken the place of the dollar's "anti-gold" role for the time being. I doubt we will see a massive sell-off in gold as QE and inflationary concerns will have put a bottom under it. Though that bottom could be a little lower than here. All good in the long run.

No alarms, no surprises.

What timeline are you apportioning to this?

just short time... could be a few months out.... the catalyst for the next up move in my opinion will not be a feel-good inflation-hedging spending spree in the markets but another bout of trouble with the banks, further deterioration in the economy and unemployment and a sell-off in the markets which would see the DOW test the lowest low. I see another deflation scare... and with it further currency crises as the factors by which gold will go through 1000 and stay there.

Maybe maybe not, almost impossbile to tell. Is this correction on the back of the G20 meeting? IMF gold sale????

Yep, could be wrong but I get the feeling that once the key psychological level of 900 is taken out it could carry on correcting through the 800s. Especially if the DOW rally keeps up... soon to go through 8000.

Maybe maybe not, almost impossbile to tell. Is this correction on the back of the G20 meeting? IMF gold sale????

Confluence of factors I guess. Possibly the biggest factor is G20. Here they are prancing around posing and putting on a show of unity. Couldn't believe my ears when a newscaster stated: "World leaders have arrived at the following solutions".... as if they had solved all the problems. :lol:

All about appearances... which the market is happy to buy into.... for now.

I just got a nice proof 1/2 Krugerrand. Shame about the gold price though. Still, I may buy some more if the price goes lower. Kind of good news in a way.

Great news if you have some dry powder and are convinced of the medium/long term performance of gold. I mean if gold just went straight up I wouldn't be able to increase my holding. Not being greedy.... just need enough for a house. :rolleyes:

No harm in wearing a traders hat using the Jim Sinclair "fishing line" method at times.